Higher Milage GT350's - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Higher Milage GT350's

This is a discussion on Higher Milage GT350's within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; I talked to the mechanics at the Track Attack. They said they only has problems with a few pullies vibrating loose. They use better brake ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Higher Milage GT350's

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I talked to the mechanics at the Track Attack. They said they only has problems with a few pullies vibrating loose. They use better brake fluid, change the pads often and replace a lot of tires.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    2016 vintage, 20,000 km,
    tail end of second set of shoes. Not really any burnouts (too expensive at 600 a corner) may try a cheap set next and have real fun this summer .
    limp mode once last summer. guys are saying that is due to transmission over heated (cooler in my sights),
    had a ticking from left rear, almost since new, (in tight corners you really hear tick tick bouncing off barricades and buildings), dealer put in a half shaft, did not find anything wrong with shaft they pulled, only drove 100 km since, all is good so far see what that sounds like this year

some times sync is a bit glitchy

uses about 1 liter every 5000km

no stereo issues, first upgrade was a 7k system at auto sound plus, installed 2-10" subs in spare tire hole, all new hertz speakers and 2 amps.

love the car, its a beast, best pony i have had

a few really bad tickets in the first year, alp radar and parking system have solved that problem

Cheers drive safe

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My 2017 has 21,000 miles on it. About 10 track days, the rests is long trips. My only warranty issue was a small leak from the oil temp sending unit on the side of the block. I have high oil consumption even on normal driving trips. Have you heard of any fix or help from Ford?

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How much oil consumption are you experiencing?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I traded my 2016 for a 2019 R a few months ago. Both daily drivers. Had 24k on 2016.

Only problems were with the A/C. Lost an evaporator and a compressor. Compressor problem was intermittent. Took a whole damn to finally nail it.

Hence losing warranty was one of the reasons I traded.

No oil problems. No tire problems. Overall, a great car.
    KR558

(2016 GT350 traded in)

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob-wl View Post
    I read a lot on this (and other) forums about the "garage queens" with little to no mileage and some daily drivers with several thousand miles. I'm curious to hear if there are any daily drivers with 20k to 30k (or more) miles on their GT350? I would like to know how they are holding up. Please advise if this fits you.
    H2649 here. 23K miles. Bought it in March of '17. I daily drove it for a year after buying. No problems or funny noises. Still love that sound....

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barstowpo View Post
    10,500 miles on mine. I drive it like I stole it. 3 track weekends at Willow Springs with COCOA. No issues a new set of rear tires didn't fix. Other than limp mode but that fix is pending.
    What year? 16 tech? Mine is and I added the OEM trans cooler. Does a great job keeping it cool on track.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    2017 with 12K, including a few track days. Had to replace tires and front brake pads at 8K. Warranty fix on oil catch can, though I had no issues. I change the oil before any track days and have never had to add oil. I had a rear shock stick in sport mode and it was replaced under warranty. That is it. I took my wife out for a drive yesterday. 45 miles over some twisty mountain roads did us a lot of good with this shelter in place thing. It's like a new car.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mine is also a 16 Tech. I also added the factory trans cooler and enabled the trans temp gauge.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    2016 here , 15,900 miles . No oil consumption to speak of but I have a perfectly normal piston slap issue that pisses me off
    and makes my car sound like a shit box .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors