Tires?
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Tires?

This is a discussion on Tires? within the Mustang GT350 Problems and Issues forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Does anyone know if a wider front tire will work on the 2020 stock front wheels without rubbing or throwing rocks on the paint? It ...

Thread: Tires?

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tires?

Does anyone know if a wider front tire will work on the 2020 stock front wheels without rubbing or throwing rocks on the paint? It appears the 295-35-R19 is a very odd size tire. Also it appears that not only the Sport Cup 2’s but all of the Michelin Sport Cup tires have a 45 degrees rule. This means below 45 degrees you can’t drive the car. To me this is ridiculous. It looks like someone would make a Z rated tire in the 295-35-R19 and 305-35-R19 (the rear size is not the problem). What do you all think?

There are multiple GM and Ford service bulletins out that state to not even move these cars in your garage when the tires are not warm enough. There are pictures of the tires splitting and cracking when a dealership has ignored this bulletin and moved the car just across their parking lot.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I run 305 on the front and 325 rears / lowered and no issues
    Fast Fun & Ford - 2018 Shelby GT350R with 875 Whipple tuned to 903hp

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Michelin 295 Y rated 4 season tires

My Sport Cup 2 tires wore down to 2/32" in only 4k miles. One developed a slow leak, but Discount Tire wouldn't fix it due to minimum tread. They turned me on to Michelin PS4S (sic) tires. They were still high, but few hundred less than Sport Cup 2, with 30k tread warranty. And they have both 305 AND 295 sizes. Ordered, got them in 3 days. They are Y speed rated like the Sport Cup, have load rating of 102 vs 104 for the Sport Cup. Put them through my favorite curvy Texas backroad, liked what I felt. Not as good as Sport Cup 2, but only marginally less, and I can drive in the cold. Now I dont track my 2019, so they may not work for those who do so a lot. But they're the right size, the right size, and definitely good enough performance for me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Which car do you have/are these on carbon fiber wheels?
    KR558

(2016 GT350 traded in)

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors