Oil Smell After Driving - normal?
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on Oil Smell After Driving - normal? within the Mustang GT350 Problems and Issues forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Is this normal for the Shelbys / Voodoo engine? I had to take my 2018 Shelby back to the dealer after a oil change in ...

Thread: Oil Smell After Driving - normal?

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is this normal for the Shelbys / Voodoo engine?

I had to take my 2018 Shelby back to the dealer after a oil change in April because there were drops of oil on the garage floor immediately after returning from the dealer. They cleaned it up, but every since there is a slight burnt oil smell a couple of minutes after parking the car.

Oil pressure is great, ~95 psi, and temp is around 200 - 210, canít smell anything in the car nor see any smoke during or after driving the car.

I Took the car to dealer today for an oil change and to check the smell. Everything looked great, though they replaced the oil drain plug because it had drop of oil on it. Still smells but maybe needs to burn off oil they miss. I donít recall any oil smell when I bought the car, but I just didnít notice it. My Shelby has only 5600 miles.

Appreciate any insight.

Thx, Ron

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oil change without some spill on the underbody pan is nearly impossible. Had same thing happen with first oil change. Took back to dealer since it happened when there was an oil cooler line recall.
    The dealer took off the under pan and cleaned it.
    Solved it then.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I track my GT350 and have had probably 20 days of tracking. The high rpm causes a butt load of vibration. Knocked three valve cover bolts loose causing minor amounts of oil to seep out. Had to have gaskets replaced as well as oil pan. Part of the track rigors I suppose.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors