Battery issue
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Battery issue

This is a discussion on Battery issue within the Mustang GT350 Problems and Issues forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Has anyone had an issue with their car not wanting to start due to the battery being weak after 4 or 5 days of sitting ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Battery issue

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Battery issue

Has anyone had an issue with their car not wanting to start due to the battery being weak after 4 or 5 days of sitting without being driven?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Have you checked the relays in the fuse panel? I had a similar issue on my 16

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lruffino View Post
    Have you checked the relays in the fuse panel? I had a similar issue on my 16
    Wow, the Ford batteries SUCK! My GT500 went dead before the warrantee was up. My GT350 had two batteries replaced (last one was non-Ford battery) while still under warranty. I have a 1970 Boss302 that had a new Ford battery a year and a half ago....needs to be replaced! If your battery is off warrantee, get yourself a good aftermarket battery!

Ray

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My 17 did it several times. I put it on a tender overnight, it started up fine, but five days later it died again. Ford finally did a thorough test on the battery, and it failed. Luckily car was still under warranty. Good Luck!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The factory batteries are very small, presumably to minimize weight.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    199 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    There is a constant drain on the battery from ECM’s, radio etc. (memory power). The factory battery is also considered a 3 yr battery's (cheap) and has is rather poor assembly quality. Take the firmness of the vehicles suspension and a rough road and you beat the battery to death (breaks internal cell connections)! I recommend a Battery Tender if the car sits idle for up to a week and a Good Interstate 5 yr battery purchase (when on your dime) will be more durable or a gel cell ($$).
    DTorres31 likes this.
    2017 GT350 - Magnetic Grey - **JTVUDOO**

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    CHARGE IT! I've had 4GT's and my 18 350. The first 3 GT's all had full battery failure at around 2 years. I replaced with biggest mother bear that would fit. My last GT, and the 350 were put on a full battery charger the first night they were home. I was surprised how much charge was flowing into the new battery. I let it cook overnight and the last GT went away with the original battery, my 350 is at 3 years and doing fine on original battery. If your battery croaks, even under warranty, go out of pocket for Consumer Reports best battery. Insignificant cost versus reliability or getting stranded in your $60K beauty.

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Same..battery failed after 2 years on my '18 350R

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting! I have a 17 w/ the original battery. She gets driven every 3-4 weeks without a trickle charger in between. In the last couple months I’ve put on a charger on each excursion. Now that I post this the damn thing will prob be dead as a rock when I take out this weekend 😂

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My 08 GT 500 killed a battery in two years and an aftermarket replacement lasted 6 years. My 17 GT 350 still has the original factory battery will be three years in November. I drive a minimum of 75 miles every two weeks, otherwise it sits in the garage. One thing I do after I get back from a drive is open the hood to let the engine bay cool down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors