In-cabin chime, no light indicators??
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on In-cabin chime, no light indicators?? within the Mustang GT350 Problems and Issues forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Hey guys, at a recent track event I started experiencing an in-cabin chime/noise (like the sounds of an alert or car starting but not the ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MyLittlePony

Thread: In-cabin chime, no light indicators??

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hey guys, at a recent track event I started experiencing an in-cabin chime/noise (like the sounds of an alert or car starting but not the same chime) that typically occurs during acceleration. Commonly occurs between accelerating and shifting through the lower gears. Does not occur while cruising on highway unless I shift (as the car tends to rock normally through shifting). It does not occur while still and idle. No warning/indicator lights whatsoever. It is just a single chime, no series of chimes and does not correlate with anything else and sometimes randomly during city/town driving. It kind of gives me the impression that a fluid level is low or something of that nature as it tends to follow shifting or larger bumps/imperfections in the road.

I had the VIR crew plug in an OBD2 and found nothing. I took it to local Ford dealer and the OBD2 failed to identify anything as well.

Anyone have any insight to the problem? How to fix and or make it go away?

Please and thank you!

Dr. VuDu

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    have you solved this? Probably was your shift chime was turn on. Go to the track Apps and check the settings on the perf. Shift indicator.
    Dr. IDO VUDU likes this.
    2016 GT350 - Shadow Black. Technology Pack.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yep, it was the shift time indicator. I was PM'd previously and I checked resulting in the "problem" being fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyMilk
    By chance...is it the shift chime that got reset? I think mine was set at 3000 rpms from factory
    Well, turns out you were correct! Somehow it got reset. Perhaps in the past when I disconnected the battery terminal. Normally had the rpm indicator set at 8k rpm for track days.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors