My 2017 GT350 has rear end/ drive line vibrations at speeds 80/hr + Help/suggestions?
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

My 2017 GT350 has rear end/ drive line vibrations at speeds 80/hr + Help/suggestions?

This is a discussion on My 2017 GT350 has rear end/ drive line vibrations at speeds 80/hr + Help/suggestions? within the Mustang GT350 Problems and Issues forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; I am the original owner, car has 8,500mls, no tracking, no mods. From the moment the car was broken in I had some light rear ...

Thread: My 2017 GT350 has rear end/ drive line vibrations at speeds 80/hr + Help/suggestions?

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question My 2017 GT350 has rear end/ drive line vibrations at speeds 80/hr + Help/suggestions?

I am the original owner, car has 8,500mls, no tracking, no mods.
    From the moment the car was broken in I had some light rear end vibrations at 80+mls/hr, i think right rear. Unlike wheel imbalance issues these vibrations feel like a high speed drill and becoming a hum at 100mls/hr and up. Dealer checked this out, balanced wheels, nothing.
    Since I dont drive 80mls/hr and up a lot, its my weekend toy, i don't notice it a lot but of course when I rip it up briefly it gets anoying.
    Long story short I kept procrastinating until today when I had to go in for an oil service.
    Dealer put the car on their lift today and they checked out the driveline at max 120mls/hr and they did find the vibration I was talking about at an unusual level, more then tolerated. Problem is after checking everything they couldn't find anything faulty.
    My options are leave it alone, not an option, or they will call a ford engineer to check it out which can take a while.
    I have owned several M3's, and AMG C63, several Audi's and a 911 and I know this is unacceptable.
    I can deal with the rattling shifter and noisy valves when the engine is cold, its the nature of the beast.
    Fortunately I have extended warranty.
    Has anybody else experienced something similar?
    Any suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated.
    I really love the car, its the most fun car I have ever owned.
    PS I posted an other similar message earlier this evening and it was lost for some reason, if it does re-appear I apologize.
    Thank you.
    Erik H.

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiland View Post
    I am the original owner, car has 8,500mls, no tracking, no mods.
    From the moment the car was broken in I had some light rear end vibrations at 80+mls/hr, i think right rear. Unlike wheel imbalance issues these vibrations feel like a high speed drill and becoming a hum at 100mls/hr and up. Dealer checked this out, balanced wheels, nothing.
    Since I dont drive 80mls/hr and up a lot, its my weekend toy, i don't notice it a lot but of course when I rip it up briefly it gets anoying.
    Long story short I kept procrastinating until today when I had to go in for an oil service.
    Dealer put the car on their lift today and they checked out the driveline at max 120mls/hr and they did find the vibration I was talking about at an unusual level, more then tolerated. Problem is after checking everything they couldn't find anything faulty.
    My options are leave it alone, not an option, or they will call a ford engineer to check it out which can take a while.
    I have owned several M3's, and AMG C63, several Audi's and a 911 and I know this is unacceptable.
    I can deal with the rattling shifter and noisy valves when the engine is cold, its the nature of the beast.
    Fortunately I have extended warranty.
    Has anybody else experienced something similar?
    Any suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated.
    I really love the car, its the most fun car I have ever owned.
    PS I posted an other similar message earlier this evening and it was lost for some reason, if it does re-appear I apologize.
    Thank you.
    Erik H.

Not on a Mustang, but my truck had similar issues, lower speeds albeit. I had to remove the driveline and have it rebalance. They ended up rebuilding the whole driveline but it was well worth it. The old driveline had numerous weights which it slowly lost. Could be the case with your driveline. Just a thought.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I also have a 2017, with 12K miles on it. I have never noticed any drive line vibration. Other the common noises already mentioned. I hope they figure it out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well it took some persuasion and the service manager decided to drive with me and after some additional testing they concluded that there is an imbalance in the driveshaft which will have to be replaced. A new one is ordered but unfortunately there appears to be no driveshafts in inventory and I will have to wait until the production is back up... In the end I'm glad they found the culprit, now the wait is on for the replacement.

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Don’t waste your time. Bypass the service managers. Call ford and open a case. Request to speak to the executive office *+1 (313) 518-7330‬
    Detroit, MI. FYI Ford basic mechanics are not trained to work on shelbys.

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdibra01 View Post
    Don’t waste your time. Bypass the service managers. Call ford and open a case. Request to speak to the executive office *+1 (313) 518-7330‬
    Detroit, MI. FYI Ford basic mechanics are not trained to work on shelbys.
    Thanks for the tip, will call them tomorrow!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors