Possible Oil Leak / Oil Mist on Engine
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on Possible Oil Leak / Oil Mist on Engine within the Mustang GT350 Problems and Issues forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; I drive a 2019 GT350R with approx. 1500 miles on it and recently noticed a fine mist of oil coating the engine compartment, sway bars, ...

Thread: Possible Oil Leak / Oil Mist on Engine

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I drive a 2019 GT350R with approx. 1500 miles on it and recently noticed a fine mist of oil coating the engine compartment, sway bars, etc. almost as if someone sprayed it on with an aerosol can. I drive her pretty hard. Does anyone have any ideas or has anyone heard of this on another similar vehicle? Thanks.

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure if this helps, but I know one of the oil lines on my 2016 GT350 had to be replaced because it was leaking.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First, check your drive belts, see if any oil film is getting to those. If so, then check your valve cover bolts. I had 5 come loose (I mean 6 turns out) and was getting oil on the exhaust headers which I could smell in the car. You may have a valve cover or oil pressure sensor leak that gets to your belts. Don't see anything else that could mist your engine compartment the way that you describe.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I had a line seeping and it sprayed oil everywhere within the first week of ownership - it was on the trans return line from the Cooler - the dealer gave me the part, I flipped it on the lift and fixed it - beats a flatbed Tow with Rosco the Road Warrior.
    Fast Fun & Ford - 2018 Shelby GT350 with 875 Whipple

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors