Slop / Clunking in Driveline Under Hard Load
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Slop / Clunking in Driveline Under Hard Load

This is a discussion on Slop / Clunking in Driveline Under Hard Load within the Mustang GT350 Problems and Issues forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; I have a 2017. Under hard load I heard loud bangs coming from the rear end when I push in or let out the clutch. ...

Thread: Slop / Clunking in Driveline Under Hard Load

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question Slop / Clunking in Driveline Under Hard Load

I have a 2017. Under hard load I heard loud bangs coming from the rear end when I push in or let out the clutch. Examples:

1. Take off from standstill with 1/2-3/4 throttle. Reach about 5k+ RPM and abruptly let off the gas and push in the clutch all the way at the same time. Pushing in the clutch produce a noticeable bang from the rear end as the driveline disengages.
    2. WOT acceleration and quickly up-shift as fast as possible. Dump the clutch and mash the accelerator. When clutch comes out another loud bang as driveline engages.

Is this normal for this car? I'm coming from a Fiesta ST, so I really don't have the experience to compare LOL.

Edit: Forgot to mention the car is new to me, I bought it a few days ago and simply didn't notice the noise on the test drive.
    Last edited by Jesse; 01-29-2020 at 06:46 AM.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It sounds like the driveshaft center support bearing to me , these cars have a 2 piece driveshaft in them with a bearing and mount between the 2 shafts .
    That is where I would start .

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors