Can you add a quiet mode to GT 350 with a mod?
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on Can you add a quiet mode to GT 350 with a mod? within the Mustang GT350 Problems and Issues forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Hello, first time posting on this forum. I have a 2019 GT350, and right before this I had a 2018 GT with the Quiet Mode ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RJay

Thread: Can you add a quiet mode to GT 350 with a mod?

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello, first time posting on this forum. I have a 2019 GT350, and right before this I had a 2018 GT with the Quiet Mode in the Active Exhaust system. That was a great feature. I live in the city and the new car doesn't have the Quiet Mode and the car is LOUD in the morning. I drive off as quickly as possible before neighbors start throwing things at the car. My question is, is there some sort of modification or after-market electronics package you can buy that will allow you to add Quiet Mode to the GT350? And, if anyone knows, since the GT350 does have an exhaust mode switch that allows you to change the sounds, why would Ford not include the Quiet Mode on this car for us city dwellers?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhamond123 View Post
    Hello, first time posting on this forum. I have a 2019 GT350, and right before this I had a 2018 GT with the Quiet Mode in the Active Exhaust system. That was a great feature. I live in the city and the new car doesn't have the Quiet Mode and the car is LOUD in the morning. I drive off as quickly as possible before neighbors start throwing things at the car. My question is, is there some sort of modification or after-market electronics package you can buy that will allow you to add Quiet Mode to the GT350? And, if anyone knows, since the GT350 does have an exhaust mode switch that allows you to change the sounds, why would Ford not include the Quiet Mode on this car for us city dwellers?
    Do you have a base or an R?

The R's have a resonator delete and that makes them a little louder/raspier.

The car does have a quiet mode, it starts in quiet mode by default, unless your exhaust valves are sticking open for some reason.

One of those toggle switches under your radio controls the exhaust baffles.

They are also controlled on your steering wheel with the driving mode switch - if you are in Normal the baffles are closed - if you are in Sport the baffles are open.

I start mine in the garage every morning. Believe me, you can tell whether or not the baffles are open.
    03reptile likes this.
    2019 GT350 - Finally arrived!
    2014 Mustang GT - Great car! Hard to see her go!
    1965 Mustang Fastback - Wish I still had it!

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When you push in the clutch it cycles the exhaust valves. If you wait about 3-5 seconds they will open and close the car will start quieter. If you push in the clutch and hit the start engine button too quickly the exhaust valves may still be open and the car will start with the exhaust valves open then they will close.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhamond123 View Post
    Forget your neighbors lol. Let that car warm up some don't feel pressured to speed off! It's not like you've modded it to have some crappy, obnoxious exhaust. Congrats on your purchase too btw.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Svassh View Post
    When you push in the clutch it cycles the exhaust valves. If you wait about 3-5 seconds they will open and close the car will start quieter. If you push in the clutch and hit the start engine button too quickly the exhaust valves may still be open and the car will start with the exhaust valves open then they will close.
    This is true! Early morning starts I hold in the clutch for 10 seconds and then hit the start button and the baffles will stay closed rather than cycling open/shut/open/shut. If you listen, you can hear the baffles open and close. That's about as quiet as you will get as well as driving in normal mode. This car simply wasn't meant to be quiet.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors