rev limit 4-5k rpm
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

rev limit 4-5k rpm

This is a discussion on rev limit 4-5k rpm within the Mustang GT350 Problems and Issues forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; So, I have 25000 km and not a problem, everything runs perfect, until past weekend. went in the dream rally with 240 exotic cars. was ...

Thread: rev limit 4-5k rpm

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

rev limit 4-5k rpm

So, I have 25000 km and not a problem, everything runs perfect, until past weekend.
    went in the dream rally with 240 exotic cars. was pretty warm like 35c(95f) and not going highway speeds. ran good for 30 min then would not rev past 5000 rpm.
    cylinder head temps in the 110-115c (230-239F) range, not in red which is 135c(270f);
    oil temp topped out at the 115c(239f) red is 150c(300f).
    never hit any max temps and no lights came on.
    got to penticton cooled down for 2 hours. Car ran great for about 15 min. now going highway speeds 150-180 kmph (90-110mph) and my cyl head temps rose to those levels again and could not rev past 4k rpm this time.

kinda frustrating not being able to beat the exotics, I kept up though, shifting at 4k rpm but could not really show them lambos, ferraris, porches, and mclarens what we are made of . Last year I ran this rally and embarrassed a few $500,000 cars.

Took car out next day ran pretty close to these temps and everything was great.

any body else have these issues or know why it shut me down. Ford dealer is an hour away so I have not been in there yet. I did a bit of revving at the starting line to let the ferrari hear what we sound like but never hit any critical temps.

Cheers

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like something over temp triggered limp mode, although none of the temps you list look like an issue.

What year car, have a tranny cooler? What did water temp look like? Could also be a sensor malfunction.

Keep us posted...

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s2ms View Post
    Sounds like something over temp triggered limp mode, although none of the temps you list look like an issue.

What year car, have a tranny cooler? What did water temp look like? Could also be a sensor malfunction.

Keep us posted...
    2016, no tranny cooler, water temp was right in the middle of gauge. going to ford in next week or 2 will update when I know more

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors