HELP engine issues
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

HELP engine issues

This is a discussion on HELP engine issues within the Mustang GT350 Problems and Issues forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; So I have been searching the threads to see if I could find out if anyone else is having the same issue as I am. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: HELP engine issues

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HELP engine issues

So I have been searching the threads to see if I could find out if anyone else is having the same issue as I am. I bought my 2017 with 10k on it. I have put about 5k on it. Well 3 days ago the performance changes on it drastically. I noticed that dropping it into 4th on the highway and I have slow acceleration. I mean I know when I first got it, I could drop it into 4th and it would fly. Now it seems to fall on its face with no power. Day number three, check engine light comes on, rolls in drive way like it has an old Mercedes diesel engine in it.Checked engine oil, of course, not that much consumption. I took it to the dealer and now I am awaiting the verdict on what it is. Anyone else out there have any issue like this? I love the car but man it makes me want to pull my hair out and go steal my 03 Cobra back.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfranz1469 View Post
    So I have been searching the threads to see if I could find out if anyone else is having the same issue as I am. I bought my 2017 with 10k on it. I have put about 5k on it. Well 3 days ago the performance changes on it drastically. I noticed that dropping it into 4th on the highway and I have slow acceleration. I mean I know when I first got it, I could drop it into 4th and it would fly. Now it seems to fall on its face with no power. Day number three, check engine light comes on, rolls in drive way like it has an old Mercedes diesel engine in it.Checked engine oil, of course, not that much consumption. I took it to the dealer and now I am awaiting the verdict on what it is. Anyone else out there have any issue like this? I love the car but man it makes me want to pull my hair out and go steal my 03 Cobra back.
    The good news is it sounds like you are about to get a free 2019 R motor! The bad news is the time for that might be several weeks depending on how squared away your dealership is.
    pryvisee likes this.
    2019 GT350 - Finally arrived!
    2014 Mustang GT - Great car! Hard to see her go!
    1965 Mustang Fastback - Wish I still had it!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry to hear about your issue. I had a 2017. It took 2 years of fighting to get it bought back because of an undiagnosed engine noise and right front drag. I now own a 2019 that arrived May 1st and has never been home. In fact, I have never considered that car mine. The build is horrible and much of the under the hood, engine compartment issues appear to be from the extreme cold that was experienced in MI in Feb 2019 when the car was being built. I am in the RAV program again. I refuse to give up on getting a good build on a GT350 because I know what a machine this is, when properly built in acceptable weather conditions. My 2017 had 2600 miles on it when I bought it. I will never know for sure but have learned the lesson on a high performance car like this, don't buy it after someone else has broken it in. You just don't know how it was driven all those miles before you that possibly caused any issues.

I have been an owner of a GT350, on paper, for more than 2 years and have yet to be able to actually have a car. I'm not pulling my hair out, it's FALLING out from the stress. I have learned how Ford works and know better than most people that work at the dealerships or Ford customer service what you might in store for. But I am also a female and that has played a huge role in how I am treated. With my classic car, the men treat me as a peer and accept my knowledge and advice. With the performance car, the men treat me like they will go to any length to keep me from being part of the GT350 community. In the last week I talked with 2 different sales MEN with their typical tactics. Neither of them knew what the Gurney flap is. One salesman overheard my conversation and actually started explaining to me what the flap is and I had to interject and tell him to educate his sales staff not me. I know what the flap is, who it's named after and why. Now explain to me what the Gurney bubble/bump is and the reason behind it.

I am assuming you are male so you might have better luck with your situation. I am being treated like I don't exist and they have had my money for almost 2-1/2 years. I'm working through it because this is the car I want and compared to the Chevys and Mopars, I know why I want the GT350. I'm stubborn and I'm fighting. I might actually die fighting and never actually get to bring one of these cars home. Being from the Pacific Northwest if I could have used my track attack I only would have had to go to Utah. If I ever get my track attack, I will now have to make my way to Charlotte. I knew this when even the dealership men didn't. It's amazing how badly I am being treated. I had hoped it wasn't because I'm a female but recent visits to new and different Ford dealers and conversations with men are proving they don't care for the fact I know the car better than they do, I know how to drive it and I know what to expect in a decent build. I will not accept undiagnosed problems and "hope" nothing goes wrong and in a brand new car I certainly will not accept an engine compartment and high performance parts covered in salt, ripples in paint that did not set up properly, tons of cosmetic junk that they say they will fix and everything will be fine. The car sat at a body/paint shop for a month and a half being started every day to move in and out of the shop while they wait for parts (tons of parts). The entire front end of the car was off, clear down the passenger side to the rocker panel, the hood is toast. When you start the car and turn it off cold, twice a day when it isn't properly broken in (only 12 miles on it), it's not acceptable. The men at the dealership are pissed at me because I won't accept the car after they band aid it back together. I'm a woman, I should be fine accepting a car that had been hacked on as long as they put it all back together. Never mind they scraped up my brand new leather/suede seat, gouged the door panel, door sills, it's filled with bondo dust and disgusting. I could've wrecked it and had it be in better shape.

Sorry for the rambling. I truly hope they treat you better than I have been and you get yourself resolved much sooner than 2-1/2 years and still trying. Good luck!
    2020 Shadow Black, Carbon Fiber Dash, Technology Pkg., Handling Pkg.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJay View Post
    The good news is it sounds like you are about to get a free 2019 R motor! The bad news is the time for that might be several weeks depending on how squared away your dealership is.
    What gives you the idea that he has a new motor coming and where did you get R from?
    Peace out,
    Eric The MadMan
    North County, San Diego
    2018 XXX Yellow; stripe delete; black roof; convenience package

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric The MadMan View Post
    What gives you the idea that he has a new motor coming and where did you get R from?
    The symptoms he is describing I have heard at least six times on the four GT350 forums I participate in:

"Day number three, check engine light comes on, rolls in drive way like it has an old Mercedes diesel engine in it."

When the Voodoo starts sounding like a diesel there has usually been a catastrophic internal failure.

He's in a 2017 with 10K miles - well within the Ford powertrain warranty of 5 YRS/60K.

If they tear it down, and he gets a new engine under warranty, it will be a 2019 GT350R replacement.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJay View Post
    The symptoms he is describing I have heard at least six times on the four GT350 forums I participate in:

"Day number three, check engine light comes on, rolls in drive way like it has an old Mercedes diesel engine in it."

When the Voodoo starts sounding like a diesel there has usually been a catastrophic internal failure.

He's in a 2017 with 10K miles - well within the Ford powertrain warranty of 5 YRS/60K.

If they tear it down, and he gets a new engine under warranty, it will be a 2019 GT350R replacement.
    I hear ya bro, but it could be as simple as a vacuum leak? Hopefully we hear some good news!! Have a great weekend!
    Peace out,
    Eric The MadMan
    North County, San Diego
    2018 XXX Yellow; stripe delete; black roof; convenience package

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric The MadMan View Post
    I hear ya bro, but it could be as simple as a vacuum leak? Hopefully we hear some good news!! Have a great weekend!
    You too! I hope he comes back and posts - looks like a new member searching for answers - but I would like to hear the end of the story.

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So the final diagnosis was low engine oil. Was told the probability of someone who did the oil service on it didn’t realize it held 10qts of oil. Ford said there is not an issue with the Shelby. Well I am about 3 weeks from having oil put in.. well it’s on its way back in for the same issue. Not down just one quart... 5 quarts in 3 weeks only 600 miles on it since it had oil change. I feel like this is going to be a long drug out issue that I will eventually have to fight with Ford on. I will keep you posted.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So the final diagnosis was low engine oil. Was told the probability of someone who did the oil service on it didn’t realize it held 10qts of oil. Ford said there is not an issue with the Shelby. Well I am about 3 weeks from having oil put in.. well it’s on its way back in for the same issue. Not down just one quart... 5 quarts in 3 weeks only 600 miles on it since it had oil change. I feel like this is going to be a long drug out issue that I will eventually have to fight with Ford on. I will keep you posted.
    If it's down 5 quarts in three weeks with 600 miles of driving, they need to quit messing with you. Are you dealing with the service manager? If they can show excessive oil consumption then Ford is going to warranty that motor and the service department gets a big billable job. They should LOVE to see a GT350 coming in that drinks oil - if it's within 5 years/60K miles then the factory pays for it. No reason for you to have to fight if the service manager has your back.

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well it goes back in 3 days from now. I pray they get my issue fixed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors