A/C issue
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

A/C issue

This is a discussion on A/C issue within the Mustang GT350 Problems and Issues forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; So a few weeks ago it was pretty humid out, windshield started to fog up turned on the air, cleared up the window, then went ...

Thread: A/C issue

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A/C issue

So a few weeks ago it was pretty humid out, windshield started to fog up turned on the air, cleared up the window, then went it turn the ac on and still blew hot air. Every time since then it will blow hot air. I am getting cool air sometimes, I’m not sure but it seems whenever I drive it hard with WOT the ac will come on and stay on for a little then kick back to warm then cold then warm, after it gets cold the first time normally when I go back to neutral it will go cold again. Other times it will get somewhat cold for a minute then go back to hot. Here in NJ weathers been over 95 feels like 110 and when it’s 85 the humidity is over 90%. GF is starting to get mad because when it’s hot air blowing out I have to put the windows down. I don’t really mind, I told her it’s a real sports car now plus I normally don’t use the ac unless it’s over 90. Windows down normally. It’s a 16 with 17000 on it. Warranty was up in April so a little over 2 months. Never had the car in the shop, and ford told me they won’t do anything about it because it’s past the warranty for AC. I’d prefer not to have to pay thousands to have it fixed since I have to pay for fall semester of college. Mixed feelings about this never had it in the shop for any warranty work and now they don’t want to cover it. I get it’s out of warranty but it’s never been in the shop. I could understand if it was in there multiple times for different things but it’s never been in the shop once and it’s only 2 months out of warranty. Just trying to see if it’s just a part I could replace or something bigger.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    True they more than likely won't do anything out of warranty free. And you can read on other GT 350 forums a lot have had there condenser go out and the entire dash has to be pulled to fix it. Hopefully that's not yours problem but it sounds similar to others. Good luck. Sorry

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had the same thing happen to mine and it was just a pigtail connector that had gone bad.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Odessa, TX, United States, in a year or so, Parker, TX
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Two different things. One was a faulty low pressure sensor with low voltage.
    Happened at 5000 miles.
    Second was no refrigerant in system with no obvious leak. That was 2 months post warranty.
    Either go the dealer route or, if you have a trusted a/c shop, go there. It is an A/C not any special track appliance.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had same problem intermittently for a year. The compressor was bad.

They finally fixed it when they replaced the evaporator, which developed a leak. While working on that, they found the bad compressor. I heard chatter that the compressor was a common problem.
    G1197

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors