Second try and I think I might be done
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on Second try and I think I might be done within the Mustang GT350 Problems and Issues forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; The 2017 went with undiagnosed engine issues for 2 years. I had a long, hard fight with Ford. They finally bought it back. I lost ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Second try and I think I might be done

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The 2017 went with undiagnosed engine issues for 2 years. I had a long, hard fight with Ford. They finally bought it back. I lost money. I figured it couldn't possibly happen twice so I went straight from service to sales where they agreed to sell me their allocated 2019 for MSRP. I paid March 18th. The car came in May 1st. We did a walk around on a cloudy day under a cover and it wasn't good. They made notes on issues that we were seeing and I took possession. I drove very carefully to the shop that was to do my clear bra, tint, ceramic coat, etc. When we did a walk around there, in the bright light, I practically fell to my knees. The car was promptly returned to the dealer. The engine compartment was coated in salt and rail debris. The exterior badges were pitted, the rotor hats, corroded. Driver's door sill had blue marks, deep scratches in leather on driver's door. Couldn't tell if the salt was etched in or could be cleaned off. Hood had made contact with the brace on the passenger side that goes from front to right side of car and buckled the paint. The foam sound deadener (spelling?) between the hood was not a clean bead but squished out everywhere. All of this probably a sign the car was built and sat during their polar vortex weather. Not the dealer's fault. They are trying to fix it under warranty but it's been sitting for a month. This new app Ford has shows me everything about the car. The paint shop where it is sitting awaiting many, many parts is starting it, moving it outside to sit all day and starting it to move it back inside at night. I am watching the fuel gauge go down and the mileage just went from 49 to 50. Brand new high performance car and they are starting it cold and leaving it cold. I consulted with Ford Performance and as I suspected that is a huge no-no for a car that isn't broken in yet. I am physically sick. I have owned 2 different GT350s over the past 2 years and I have yet to actually drive and enjoy, hit the track or relax. I have tons of extra parts, a brand new front splitter in the box, 3 different sets of floor mats with different logos for change of pace, weather tech trunk liner and floor mats when it's wet, custom painted cobra center caps for wheels, custom painted blue calipers, car covers, detailing supplies AND I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE. Can't get help from Ford customer line. I did that for 2 years with the 2017. I won't do that again. I guess I'll have to fly to MI and confront them in person. I just don't get it. If you have good ones, enjoy them! Meanwhile enjoy quotes posted on Corporate Ford's website meant for the media.

“The ongoing success of Ford Motor Company is my life’s work,” he says. “Nothing is more important to me than our reputation as a family company that people trust to do the right thing.”
    William Clay Ford Jr.

“I believe the purpose of a company is to make people’s lives better. That is how we became great in the past and it is how we will become even greater in the future.”
    William Clay Ford Jr.
    Executive Chairman, Ford Motor Company
    They say "The third time's the charm"...waiting on replacement car #2 (will be my third try at an acceptable GT350 build). 2020 Shadow Black, technology package, handling package, exposed carbon fiber dash, custom blue calipers and custom painted center wheel caps.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's terrible news, and I feel horrible for you. I have to say I admire you for sticking it out with unbelievably, 2 bad Shelbys.

I don't know what your next step is, but I'd walk away. I am not a brand loyal pperson. I'd visit a Chevy dealer and cross-shop a Corvette Grand Sport, which very closely matches the performance metrics of the GT350.

I really hope you get this infuriating quality control issue resolved to your satisfaction.

Good luck.

Tim

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The thing is she understands if she can get her hands on a perfect GT350 that it will be worth it. I don't blame her for her patience and I felt like I was brought to my own knees and even a little teary just reading her love for the platform and patience. I'm sorry, really am. At this point you can either push through it a bit more or switch platforms. I know there's a shinning light to this story in either direction. Best of luck.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HellOnWheels View Post
    The 2017 went with undiagnosed engine issues for 2 years. I had a long, hard fight with Ford. They finally bought it back. I lost money. I figured it couldn't possibly happen twice so I went straight from service to sales where they agreed to sell me their allocated 2019 for MSRP. I paid March 18th. The car came in May 1st. We did a walk around on a cloudy day under a cover and it wasn't good. They made notes on issues that we were seeing and I took possession. I drove very carefully to the shop that was to do my clear bra, tint, ceramic coat, etc. When we did a walk around there, in the bright light, I practically fell to my knees. The car was promptly returned to the dealer. The engine compartment was coated in salt and rail debris. The exterior badges were pitted, the rotor hats, corroded. Driver's door sill had blue marks, deep scratches in leather on driver's door.... I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE. Can't get help from Ford customer line. I did that for 2 years with the 2017. I won't do that again. I guess I'll have to fly to MI and confront them in person.
    I suggest you consider contacting local news media outlets, who typically have folks that with consumers who, like yourself, have had difficulty with large companies unresponsiveness. They can help you by making a large number of people aware of issues you have and are having with Ford. Make videos of these broadcasts and send them to Ford folks in MI. You will get attention and a proper response. It's effort on your part, but I think it will help.
    Pinhead likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by T-88 View Post
    That's terrible news, and I feel horrible for you. I have to say I admire you for sticking it out with unbelievably, 2 bad Shelbys.

I don't know what your next step is, but I'd walk away. I am not a brand loyal pperson. I'd visit a Chevy dealer and cross-shop a Corvette Grand Sport, which very closely matches the performance metrics of the GT350.

I really hope you get this infuriating quality control issue resolved to your satisfaction.

Good luck.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your suggestions. Up to this point I always have been a brand loyal person and Ford was it. Funny, I did test drive others before the 2017 just to be sure. The Grand Sport being one of them. Just couldn't do it. The Camaro has these two huge round air vents built into the console that blow air up in my face, I hated that and Mopar is a heavy, squared off car that is built strictly to go really fast in a straight line...just not fun for me. At this point I'm in so deep with customs and extras I can't just walk on the GT350.

Christine
    They say "The third time's the charm"...waiting on replacement car #2 (will be my third try at an acceptable GT350 build). 2020 Shadow Black, technology package, handling package, exposed carbon fiber dash, custom blue calipers and custom painted center wheel caps.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoXiDe View Post
    The thing is she understands if she can get her hands on a perfect GT350 that it will be worth it. I don't blame her for her patience and I felt like I was brought to my own knees and even a little teary just reading her love for the platform and patience. I'm sorry, really am. At this point you can either push through it a bit more or switch platforms. I know there's a shinning light to this story in either direction. Best of luck.

You and I have talked a few times. I think you get me. I know it'll be worth it so bad I can taste it. Whether I can get Ford to "pony" up...lol, we'll see. I really don't have patience, I just don't have a choice. Thanks for sharing that you can feel my pain. I just can't switch platforms. I want my American Muscle car and it has to be the GT350. Line up the competition? and the GT350 just looks like it will chew them up and spit them out. Having the rare chances to drive the 2 so far, I KNOW it'll chew 'em up and spit 'em out!

I've done a ton of research and know a lot of what is going on inside behind the scenes at Ford right now. I'm going in guns blazing. I'm headed for Michigan. I plan on visiting the entire campus including hq, cobra/ rousch center, ford performance, etc. so I'll be between Dearborn, Allen Park and Flat Rock. Sucks @ss but I want my car!!!

Everyone's comments help brighten the situation for me, even if just for a bit. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hetzerrr View Post
    I suggest you consider contacting local news media outlets, who typically have folks that with consumers who, like yourself, have had difficulty with large companies unresponsiveness. They can help you by making a large number of people aware of issues you have and are having with Ford. Make videos of these broadcasts and send them to Ford folks in MI. You will get attention and a proper response. It's effort on your part, but I think it will help.
    Hi,

I appreciate your suggestion. I actually tried that here in WA state. Didn't work. The Attorney General's office no help either. Here the techies are all involved in other more important things than Ford ripping me off. When I make my trip back to MI I plan to try to resolve this thing with them peacefully BUT have considered calling their local news and telling them I'm in all the way from across the country, I'm on my second car, they won't fix it and I'm sitting in their HQ parking lot trying to figure my next move. Maybe a tv station back there will come talk to me? IDK.

Thanks every idea helps.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You are giving me mixed emotions. I feel for you and can't imagine your frustration. I (so far) have but a couple minor issues and love my car and feel very, well, lucky? Fortunate? All of the above. I can't council you on sticking with it vs swapping but based off your previous posts I'd say you might still hold out.

Have you considered purchasing a used one that has potentially already proven itself? Sure, folks can lie about oil consumption. However, it's possible to find a good person out there, through a connection on here, social media, etc that is getting rid of theirs for other reasons and you can snag that?

I know those odds are slim. If you have a specific color preference of course theyre even more slim, but just something to consider if you haven't.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HellOnWheels View Post
    Hi,

I appreciate your suggestion. I actually tried that here in WA state. Didn't work. The Attorney General's office no help either. Here the techies are all involved in other more important things than Ford ripping me off. When I make my trip back to MI I plan to try to resolve this thing with them peacefully BUT have considered calling their local news and telling them I'm in all the way from across the country, I'm on my second car, they won't fix it and I'm sitting in their HQ parking lot trying to figure my next move. Maybe a tv station back there will come talk to me? IDK.

Thanks every idea helps.
    Christine - I admire you for taking this head on. The GT350 2019 MY has not been Ford's shining moment. I'm on four GT350 forums and the stories from brand-loyal, Ford fanatics that are just trying to buy their dream Mustang are incredible. If you have the time, I would suggest you research some of these first-hand accounts and take them with you to HQ and whoever will listen. We can't all be making this stuff up!

My case? Built my dream GT350 on Ford.com and used the inventory search to find out that a dealer 100 miles away had the identical car coming in. Contacted them, made a deal, and gave them a $2000 deposit on 04/26. Began tracking the build from the VIN and found out the car was produced on 05/06. Called Ford Performance and they told me my EDD was between 05/26 and 06/01. Hot damn!

Almost six weeks after the build, the car still sits at Flat Rock, "In Production" "Sent Offsite". It hasn't even been released for shipment, which will probably add 3-4 weeks to the timeline. https://trackmymustang.com/checkvin?...6P8JZ5K5551702

Why is it still there? What's going on? Any idea when I might get it? The lack of information coming from Ford is sad, yet this is one of the most expensive passenger cars they produce. I'm not asking for my own concierge, but a little two-way communication would be great!

I sure can't beat your story - I wouldn't want your story! But you're not alone in this 2019 GT350 saga, and if you can get someone's ear in Michigan, maybe a Ford PR person can jump in and save some of these buyer relationships.

Best of luck!
    2019 GT350 - Finally arrived!
    2014 Mustang GT - Great car! Hard to see her go!
    1965 Mustang Fastback - Wish I still had it!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Christine,

I admire your dedication and patience to finding a successful resolution to your car's issues. Although I said I'm not brand loyal, I believe in the big picture, the Shelby GT350 ranks as one of the greatest sportscar platforms produced by any car manufacturer, ever.

I understand your decision to stick with your car despite your initial disappointments, and now want to encourage you to not give up.

I'm active in the motorcycle community, which is much smaller than the car enthusiasts'. The motorcycle community is rife with horror and outstanding customer service stories, all for the same dealership, so keep trying.

I'll just relate my story of excellent customer service when I bought my '17 Shelby GT350 in July, 2018.

I live in a metropolitan area of approx. 1 million population. The dealership I bought my Shelby from In July 2018had 11 (no typo) brand new 2017 Shelby GT350s on their lot, with a stack of 2018 Shelbys alongside.

My car had been sitting on their lot for 14 months, and before I bought it, I looked umder the hood,and as one would expect, the engine was covered in dirt, just from sitting there.

The day I picked up the car, one of the staff was just finishing power spraying under the hood (and I was pleased to notice the 'detailer had covered the air filter with a plastic bag) and washing the car's exterior. The salesman (a hot rod 'car guy' in his late sixties) said he had a new battery installed under warranty because the car had been sitting for such a long time.

He also correctly anticipated my 'car guy' preferences, waving the dealership's branded plastic licence plate frame at me, saying, "you don't WANT this, do you?", to which I replied I did not.

Anyway, I was lucky enough to have a bona fide car enthusiast sales person and a dealership who understood the car enthusiast mentality, and actually exceeded my expectations for my new car delivery.

Christine, all I'm saying is there have to be some good people and dealerships out there. Keep looking. And good luck.

The Shelby GT350 is such a fundamentally superb car, I really hope you eventually get to enjoy a great, ownership experience.

Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors