Second try and I think I might be done - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Second try and I think I might be done

This is a discussion on Second try and I think I might be done within the Mustang GT350 Problems and Issues forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Originally Posted by RJay Christine - I admire you for taking this head on. The GT350 2019 MY has not been Ford's shining moment. I'm ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Second try and I think I might be done

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJay View Post
    Christine - I admire you for taking this head on. The GT350 2019 MY has not been Ford's shining moment. I'm on four GT350 forums and the stories from brand-loyal, Ford fanatics that are just trying to buy their dream Mustang are incredible. If you have the time, I would suggest you research some of these first-hand accounts and take them with you to HQ and whoever will listen. We can't all be making this stuff up!

My case? Built my dream GT350 on Ford.com and used the inventory search to find out that a dealer 100 miles away had the identical car coming in. Contacted them, made a deal, and gave them a $2000 deposit on 04/26. Began tracking the build from the VIN and found out the car was produced on 05/06. Called Ford Performance and they told me my EDD was between 05/26 and 06/01. Hot damn!

Almost six weeks after the build, the car still sits at Flat Rock, "In Production" "Sent Offsite". It hasn't even been released for shipment, which will probably add 3-4 weeks to the timeline. https://trackmymustang.com/checkvin?...6P8JZ5K5551702

Why is it still there? What's going on? Any idea when I might get it? The lack of information coming from Ford is sad, yet this is one of the most expensive passenger cars they produce. I'm not asking for my own concierge, but a little two-way communication would be great!

I sure can't beat your story - I wouldn't want your story! But you're not alone in this 2019 GT350 saga, and if you can get someone's ear in Michigan, maybe a Ford PR person can jump in and save some of these buyer relationships.

Best of luck!
    I am on one other forum. I'm not aware of any others. I haven't looked around too much. It's amazing to me that you are being told they claim to be able to track your car considering it's sold to you. Once my dealer entered my car as sold, they claim they could not track it. I was also told Ford's customer service call center is consolidated to Texas and Florida has been shut down. The other day I spoke to a person, very difficult to understand. I asked him if he was in the Texas call center and he said no he was working out of a satellite center of Florida, overseas??? So then I asked him if he is actually employed by and paid by Ford Motor Corp. or if he is working for a third party company. He hesitated but said that he is actually a "Ford" employee.

I also read a rumor that the track in Utah has been sold to a Chinese company and that Ford has chosen not to use that track after this year because of price hike. I have tried to get confirmation on this and everyone is very tight lipped. If you buy your GT350 you are supposed to get the complimentary track attack day...a day I have only been able to dream about so far. Now that I'm trying with the 2019, I question if this will be included for next year.

Thanks for your input. I'll continue to google around and see what other info. I can come up with. At this point I plan to leave for MI next week. Sadly, I don't think it will do any good. Everyone that is anyone has entourages that keep them unavailable. A statement from Ford's website...Elena A. Ford is Chief Customer Experience Officer. In this role, she he will lead the organization responsible for creating a world-class customer experience throughout the entire ownership cycle. So far I have been able to leave a message on the "Executive" line, so they say (it's probably still their 800 customer service number), but they will not transfer me to her voicemail or anyone that might be an assistant or secretary. I am hoping standing there in person, they can put an actual human face to my issues and not be able to wiggle out of a phone call, email, voicemail, snail mail by considering me a faceless name and number in writing only.

All my best to everyone out there that have the good ones to enjoy and the others like me that are fighting to make it right!
    Currently waiting to start over with Shadow Black 2019 GT350 with Technology pkg. and B & O upgrade. Due late Apr./early May.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Christine,

Wow, sorry to hear you are going through this, especially after all the crap you've already gone through.

Just a thought....I drive past Bill Pierre Ford every day on the way to work. They have close to 10 GT350's out front, several look like 2019's. Any chance you could make a deal to trade your flawed car for one of those, assuming it met with your approval?

No idea if Ford would agree to this, just thinking out loud...

Keep us posted,
    Dave

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HellOnWheels View Post
    It's amazing to me that you are being told they claim to be able to track your car considering it's sold to you. Once my dealer entered my car as sold, they claim they could not track it.
    This is actually legit. I have ordered two vehicles and once I finalized the paperwork (I was coincidentally going to be out of town upon their arrival), they were no longer visible. We were watching them step by step until that point. Apparently, once "sold," to the system that means you have taken possession and it can no longer "see" them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s2ms View Post
    Christine,

Wow, sorry to hear you are going through this, especially after all the crap you've already gone through.

Just a thought....I drive past Bill Pierre Ford every day on the way to work. They have close to 10 GT350's out front, several look like 2019's. Any chance you could make a deal to trade your flawed car for one of those, assuming it met with your approval?

No idea if Ford would agree to this, just thinking out loud...

Keep us posted,
    Dave
    Funny. I am dealing with Harris Ford which is owned by the Pierre's. Normally a replacement doesn't work that way. With the 2017 I had from Marysville Ford, Bickford had the exact replacement sitting on their lot but they didn't want to sell it to me for the lower price so they upped it to 10k over on purpose and Ford Mo Co can't force them to give it to me. Once a dealer has purchased from Ford Mo Co, it is completely the dealer's car and in their full control. If you bring it back then it falls to Fo Mo Co under warranty.

Being that the Pierre's own Harris, if they had the exact replacement, which they do not, it's possible they would swap it out. I don't have a beef with Harris, it's not their fault they didn't build the car that way. I truly believe most of the mess is the paint, sound/insulation deadener, salt deposits and other engine compartment issues are a result of stuff not setting up properly because of how cold it was. It is a sad victim of the polar vortex. It has been sitting at a body shop north of Harris Ford. I saw it the other day and it looks like it has been through a war. Most of you would probably cry if I posted the pics. here.

I was supposed to hear from Fo Mo Co's buy back review team yesterday. I didn't. Same old, same old. Because of the experience under my belt I have plans that should escalate and expedite things much faster this time. Although even if they agree to build me a new one, by the time I receive it, I will have to wait another entire year again before summer use. I have been told that Ford will and Ford won't let me just order a new build and allocate it to me. No clear answer. Just sharing some of what I'm experiencing so others can be enlightened.

I really, really believe in this car. I want an American made car and I refuse to buy Chevy or Mopar. I just can't. I am running out of energy and steam though because I've been fighting for more than 2 years now.

I had planned on the track for fun but I will also drive this on the street occasionally. I will swap out tires for each. The cup 2 tires are way to sticky for the street, without rock blockers they will shoot everything down the side of the car. I ordered high end vinyl that has UV built in. The front splitter letters match the cobras that where cut out of the same vinyl for the custom center caps. Pic. isn't the greatest but I hate the knock off Chinese caps from ebay. These are the actual caps from the car, the Ford emblem was sanded down, glossed black to match the wheels, the vinyl was laid and clear coated over then they will be ceramic coated. I don't even know if I have a car to put them on...lol. I also have the calipers custom painted. Now I continue to use the tools at my disposal to fight back and forth with Ford and wait some more. For 3 summers I have had the title to 2 different GT350s and I am now officially in my third summer without a car.

Thanks for pointing out the Pierre thing. I had planned to talk with Pierre if I can't get past the GM at Harris. Everyone at Harris has been very kind and doing the best they can with what Ford gives them, except the GM. He's too busy for the likes of me, I guess.Name:  20190621_171505.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  1.05 MB
    Currently waiting to start over with Shadow Black 2019 GT350 with Technology pkg. and B & O upgrade. Due late Apr./early May.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow mate, this sucks. I`m in WA myself and I`ve been considering a 19 but stories like yours make me think twice.
    I`m really interested in how your trip goes.
    Have you considered taking the car home till they`re ready for it?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jabberwoki View Post
    Wow mate, this sucks. I`m in WA myself and I`ve been considering a 19 but stories like yours make me think twice.
    I`m really interested in how your trip goes.
    Have you considered taking the car home till they`re ready for it?
    I originally had it all set up to take the shortest trip between the dealer and the shop that was to clear bra, tint and ceramic coat it. I wanted it to make it there without any rock chips or ticks. There were so many things wrong they had to take it to the body shop they use and order a piece for the hood, a rocker panel, 2 inside door panels, battery cover, cold air intake tube, snap insert for inside manifold cover, door sill replacement, the entire front end of the car had to be removed to "fix" the hood. Hood is so bad it needs to be completely replaced. I don't want it at my house. I do not consider this my car. It is going away. I will never take possession of this garbage.

I am a female. I'm sure this does play some (not all) but some part in all of this. They want to slap it all together and make me take it. The cold starts to move it in and out of the shop for the past month on a motor that has not been broken in is unacceptable to me. It hasn't had the chance to drive til warm and circulate lubricants to all of the parts. This isn't a new car anymore. It is covered with bondo dust inside and out from the body shop they took it to. Suede and leather interior, they didn't put a cover on the seat or a mat down on the carpet. The techs there have rubbed the leather off of the edge of the seat getting in and out of the car and torn a seam loose. Picture a GT350 sitting under a carport after an earthquake, covered in rubble with parts missing all over it. I've got lots of pictures. I don't have the heart to post them.

It's amazing how nice the sales guys are and then like the flip of a light switch they won't talk to me because I won't take possession of their "band aid" car. I do have a case number with Ford Corp. but they don't call back when they say they will. They've agreed to buy the car back but it's getting them to follow through with replacement. Don't know where you are in WA but stay away from Marysville, Bickford, Harris and Pierre Ford. Honestly I don't know if any dealer is decent at this point. Getting ahold of a car with a decent build and then finding a dealer that I can trust for service will be the biggest obstacle.

Good luck if you decide to try. I'm noticing the dealers are marking them up 20k over MSRP up North here now that they are finally hitting the ground. I got mine for MSRP in March. Ridiculous.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I`ve been dealing with Korum in Puyallup so far they`ve treated me great.
    If a road trip is ok with you there are plenty of out of state dealers selling them at MSRP. pm me.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    GT350 Track Attack will be at Charlotte Motor Speedway as of Spring 2020
    2018 GT350 Kona Blue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors