Engine Knock and Oil Pressure - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Engine Knock and Oil Pressure

This is a discussion on Engine Knock and Oil Pressure within the Mustang GT350 Problems and Issues forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Originally Posted by BigblockCobra Well I don't recall trying to sale anything to anyone. I guess you think I am giving some sort of advice ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Engine Knock and Oil Pressure

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigblockCobra View Post
    Well I don't recall trying to sale anything to anyone. I guess you think I am giving some sort of advice about a top secret government product that they only know about because of the secret hidden aliens they have in Area 51.

Slick 50 coats the internal engine parts and if there is a loss of oil it would allow some time to pull over and add oil to take it to the dealership or allow you to pull over and get the car towed without there already being major damage to the engine.
    No, it does none of those things. That is pure marketing BS.

My boss (Advance auto parts) years ago was on his way home and he started hearing some light lifter noise from his truck engine. His oil pan had a gash in it from a rock hitting it and there was no oil left in the engine. Without the Slick 50 there would have been some major damage to the engine.
    I've heard of slant sixes being run to redline with no oil in them, and then being driven to the junkyard. The Slick 50 did NOTHING to save your boss's engine.
    2018 GT350, Ruby Red w/black stripe, conv. pkg.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I worked at auto parts stores for years and raced several cars and what I suggest is putting in a bottle of high mileage Slick 50 (with PTFE) or the new Classic Slick 50 (with PTFE) with each oil change because it will protect the engine at startup and/or with loss of oil like some of the GT350 issues with oil leaks.
    Put any of those products in your engine and if Ford finds out your warranty goes bye bye.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hate to break it to all of the oil and additive experts on this forum, when you have a brand name "high mileage" oil it is their standard oil with cleaning additives added to it.

This is from a Mobil 1 high mileage synthetic oil ad...

Keep your older engines running like new with the help of High-Mileage Mobil 1 5W-20 Advanced Full-Synthetic Motor Oil. It is an advanced full-synthetic engine oil that is designed to provide exceptional wear protection, cleaning power and overall performance. This 5-qt motor oil bottle will support your car through oil change after oil change, helping to enhance and extend your engine's life. It does this by reducing deposits and sludge, protecting the parts in a high mileage engine. It also contains a seal conditioner to keep the engine seals in optimal condition and to prevent leaks. With excellent lubrication properties, Mobil 1 5W-20 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil can be used in passenger cars, SUVs, light vans and trucks.

This is no different than adding something like Marvel Mystery Oil to your regular synthetic oil.

There is a difference between a brand name additive like Sea Foam and some off-brand gas station additive that claims it can fix for "broken" engine, etc...

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Do us a favor and go away. As you see most of us are not interested in your Slick 50. Or adding any additive just as the Shelby GT 350 supplement says. Theres enough having blown engines without escalating the chance of Ford not replacing it under warranty. Most of us use just what it says to use as far as oil and if theirs additives in that oil then were still covered cause thats the oil recommended to use. Troll your Slick 50 some where else.
    BobSoFine likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny1 View Post
    Do us a favor and go away. As you see most of us are not interested in your Slick 50. Or adding any additive just as the Shelby GT 350 supplement says. Theres enough having blown engines without escalating the chance of Ford not replacing it under warranty. Most of us use just what it says to use as far as oil and if theirs additives in that oil then were still covered cause thats the oil recommended to use. Troll your Slick 50 some where else.
    All I have done is given a suggestion and/or opinion trying to help. I have never said or stated that anyone should do what I said. For there to be insults and spam/troll accusations is not warranted of me or anyone else just responding to a thread. I will leave.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hate to break it to all of the oil and additive experts on this forum, when you have a brand name "high mileage" oil it is their standard oil with cleaning additives added to it.

This is from a Mobil 1 high mileage synthetic oil ad...

Keep your older engines running like new with the help of High-Mileage Mobil 1 5W-20 Advanced Full-Synthetic Motor Oil. It is an advanced full-synthetic engine oil that is designed to provide exceptional wear protection, cleaning power and overall performance. This 5-qt motor oil bottle will support your car through oil change after oil change, helping to enhance and extend your engine's life. It does this by reducing deposits and sludge, protecting the parts in a high mileage engine. It also contains a seal conditioner to keep the engine seals in optimal condition and to prevent leaks. With excellent lubrication properties, Mobil 1 5W-20 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil can be used in passenger cars, SUVs, light vans and trucks.

This is no different than adding something like Marvel Mystery Oil to your regular synthetic oil.
    Who am I going to believe? A petrochemical engineer, or a guy who worked behind the counter at Advance Auto who doesn't know Plastigauge from Silly Putty?

There is a difference between a brand name additive like Sea Foam and some off-brand gas station additive that claims it can fix for "broken" engine, etc...
    Red herring. We're talking about oil additives, not fuel additives.
    2018 GT350, Ruby Red w/black stripe, conv. pkg.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I apologize for creating a ruckus. I spoke with Ford about what I have posted and had a tech ride along. They are not concerned about any of it. I had my first oil change. It was clean with no metal and less than 0.5qt usage in 3500 miles so I am quite pleased. I would like to note that with after the oil change, my hot idle pressure is up 5-10 lbs and it seems to knock less at the range I described. I attribute it to clean oil and having that 0.5qt or so being replenished.

I have spoken with other folks whose hot idle oil pressure drops as their oil level declines. They replenish, pressure increases back. Sounds like a characteristic of the car to me. I can afford this car. I cannot afford to void a warranty on this car so I will NOT be using any products other than the recommended oil (or its equivalent for those amsoil fans ).

Thank you to the senior members looking out.
    BobSoFine and ringmaster like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors