New to site
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

New to site

This is a discussion on New to site within the Introductions forums, part of the Site News category; I have a 2019 Ruby Red GT350. Ordered it in February and got it in June. i ordered black stripes, black roof, the comfort package ...

Thread: New to site

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New to site

I have a 2019 Ruby Red GT350. Ordered it in February and got it in June. i ordered black stripes, black roof, the comfort package (have to have heated seats!), and B&O audio system. The thrills lasted exactly a month.... engine locked up with 1400 miles. Ford replaced the engine, but the car was gone for 7 weeks. Went to pick it up yesterday (obviously thrilled), but the excitement disappeared when my wife noticed deep gouges under the grill. The stripes and plastic were damaged. So, now the body shop gets the car back next week. I drove the car home, pulled it in the driveway, and coolant was leaking everywhere. Long story short, the upper radiator hose clamp hadn't been put in place and the hose was sitting on the ridge... not quite off, but likely seconds from being so. I was able re-seat the hose correctly, but could not get the clamp in place. Drove the car back to the dealer (only 2 miles) and a tech had to remove the air cleaner housing to put the clamp back in place. Also drained and refilled the coolant. At any rate, not a good introduction, but it's the state of affairs!!

Nonetheless, the car is the most exhilarating car I've ever driven. My youngest son has a 2016 race red GT350, a 2000 GT that he learned to drive in, and a 69 Mach I. My oldest son has a 71 Chevelle SS that we built when he was a teenager. We enjoy cars!

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Congrats on the car and welcome. I am new here as well.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors