Planing to buy a used GT350
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on Planing to buy a used GT350 within the Introductions forums, part of the Site News category; Hello: Im excited to be buying a used GT350. I am considering several cars 2017 and 2018. I found one locally but its older 2017 ...

Thread: Planing to buy a used GT350

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello:
    Im excited to be buying a used GT350. I am considering several cars 2017 and 2018. I found one locally but its older 2017 with 170 miles. Its not from a dealer but a used car company. The color is Avalance Grey with Black stripes. It as convenience package with the non Recaro seats.

It was built 6/16 so I ma not sure it has the older style oil filter system? When was the newer style change? Will it be better to buy from a Ford Dealer with the Certified Program or doesn't matter? The other cars are further away with color choices maybe I prefer.

Would it be better to buy a 2018 car with more miles or 2017 car with less?

How many of you have this Avalance Gray and do you like it after a while or wish to have purchased the white with Blue Stripes?

Thanks for helping me to make my decision!

Kebebe

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi welcome, I bought my 2018 2 weeks ago with 1500 miles. Mine is magnetic metallic so different gray with metal flakes. I have the Recaro seats in mine and love them. If you are thinking about tracking the car at all you will want the Recaro seats IMO. Better to try both if you can.

Really no technical difference between 2017 and 2018 just some color choices. The factory warranty is 3 year 36k miles bumper to bumper and 5 years 50k miles for drivetrain so that may play into your decision.

Good luck!

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Svassh! I am going to look at the AG car it’s 20 miles away. There is. White w Blue Stripes about 200k away.

May I ask how much you pay? Is it better to buy from a Ford dealer with certified use car warranty?

Thx

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kebebe View Post
    Thanks Svassh! I am going to look at the AG car it’s 20 miles away. There is. White w Blue Stripes about 200k away.

May I ask how much you pay? Is it better to buy from a Ford dealer with certified use car warranty?

Thx
    I paid $54,900 but had a trade in (Another high performance Mustang) that I worked them over on pretty good. If I was buying with no trade in I likely could have gotten it for $52K. The only advantage to buying at a Ford dealer is you can establish a relationship with them. Some dealers are not as friendly to you warranty wise if you didn't buy the car there.

Same dealer now has a 2019 with 12 miles for $63,900. Not a Ford dealer so looks to me like Ford dealers are auctioning off some of the GT350 cars. I suspect the coming GT500 and C8 Vette are siphoning off some demand.

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello Svassh. Thx for your advice. Looking for a nice GT350 is not an easy task. I went thru Ford dealer listings and Car Gurus, Carfax, etc.. and got many for sale. I inquired with a few Ford Dealers and Private Parties finally put a deposit last week on a 2017 GT350 with 188 miles. The color is Avanche Grey with Black tripes. It did not have Recaros. I do not intend to track the car but I may look for a set of seats to buy if prices are reasonable. This GT350 2017 was produced 6/16 so I am not sure if it had same equipped as your 2018. I was trying to get a 2018 but the miles on this one attracted my attention plus its 20 miles from home. The owner is a collector and only drove it 3 times. He is selling several cars to fund a Ferrari and a MacClaren.

The car already have its first old change at 150 miles and I can continue the break-in hopefully I get a good engine. I agree the market is softer on used GT350 but the new ones are still at my local dealer charging $6k -12k markup.

Good luck on your GT250.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    '5 years 50k miles for drivetrain'

You sure? That'll lift a great deal of anxiety from me, as I hit 3 years this month.
    G1197

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamecock View Post
    '5 years 50k miles for drivetrain'

You sure? That'll lift a great deal of anxiety from me, as I hit 3 years this month.
    Actually, the Ford powertrain warranty is 5 years or 60K miles, whichever comes first.
    2019 GT350 - Finally arrived!
    2014 Mustang GT - Great car! Hard to see her go!
    1965 Mustang Fastback - Wish I still had it!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors