New Owner, New Member
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

New Owner, New Member

This is a discussion on New Owner, New Member within the Introductions forums, part of the Site News category; Hello all, I just purchased a 2018 GT350 with 6000 miles two weeks ago. I had been searching the west coast and beyond looking for ...

Thread: New Owner, New Member

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New Owner, New Member

Hello all, I just purchased a 2018 GT350 with 6000 miles two weeks ago. I had been searching the west coast and beyond looking for that car. I had a couple 2019s in sight when a 2018 popped up. Saved about 10K and love the car. Honestly, I had buyers remorse before I even signed the papers. I drove for a day and the remorse was gone! I was reviewing the threads about checking the oil more frequently then with my other cars, is there any other advice some would like to share? My 2001 GT 4.6 is jealous.

Dan

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome! If I had one thing to do it would be to install an oil separator on the passenger side. They are inexpensive and take 10 minutes to install. Also get some rock blockers from JLT (12 bucks!), and post a picture of the Shelby!
    " Never wrestle with a pig...You both get dirty and only the pig likes it!"
    "J1247"

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Forgive my ignorance. Why do you recommend an oil separator? And what are rock blockers?Name:  Shelby.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  149.3 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OK so I looked up the oil separators. Is your Shelby supercharged? How much oil have you recovered from the separator? Rock blockers are in the mail. Funny you posted that because I found a rock this morning.

Thanks for the info.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    https://www.americanmuscle.com/coyot...ator-1116.html

Even if you only dump a couple tablespoons every time you check it, that's better than feeding oil back in through your intake.

I would pop off the driver's side coil cover and check the label on the engine - just to see when it was produced or if it's possibly a replacement - just good to know.

Also check and see if you have a conventional spin on oil filter or a cartridge type - also good to know because there were some issues with the spin-on's not being sufficiently torqued and working themselves loose.

Looks beautiful! Is that Velocity Blue?
    2019 GT350 - Finally arrived!
    2014 Mustang GT - Great car! Hard to see her go!
    1965 Mustang Fastback - Wish I still had it!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rock blockers fit into the side spoilers just aft of the front tires. They keep the little rocks and other stuff from piling up in the space there.

An oil separator is highly recommended at least on the passenger side to prevent any oil or moisture from going back into the intake from blow bye from the crankcase. It will keep your vales and plugs cleaner and help the longevity of your engine. The drivers side is recommended if you track your vehicle or are apt to run it above 6k RPM a lot, otherwise not so much.
    " Never wrestle with a pig...You both get dirty and only the pig likes it!"
    "J1247"

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It is Lightning Blue Metallic. Thanks for the info. I don't see why it would be a replacement engine, but you've got me curious now. That would be truly upsetting if it was.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors