Hellcat owner newbie! - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Hellcat owner newbie!

This is a discussion on Hellcat owner newbie! within the Introductions forums, part of the Site News category; Originally Posted by vudu367 Congrats! That's the lowest price I've read here yet. Your patience was rewarded with an awesome deal. Good for you. Thanks ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Hellcat owner newbie!

  1. #21
    Member HELLFIRE's Avatar
    Member #
    7876
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    CLINTON
    Posts
    80
    Member #
    7876
    Liked
    13 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vudu367 View Post
    Congrats! That's the lowest price I've read here yet. Your patience was rewarded with an awesome deal. Good for you.
    Thanks man! Right place right time I guess.
    And a higher power must of wanted me back in a mustang. Lol
    * 2016 Charger Hellcat *

  2. #22
    Junior Member Shooter's Avatar
    Member #
    6681
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    7
    Member #
    6681
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Congratulations hellfire! Glad you found one to adopt. Nice looking combo.

  3. #23
    Member HELLFIRE's Avatar
    Member #
    7876
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    CLINTON
    Posts
    80
    Member #
    7876
    Liked
    13 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Congratulations hellfire! Glad you found one to adopt. Nice looking combo.
    Thanks dude!!
    * 2016 Charger Hellcat *

  4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Senior Member HotLap's Avatar
    Member #
    4561
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    757
    Member #
    4561
    Liked
    188 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Congrats on your new GT350, sounds like you're enjoying it already!! Too funny with the blue tape, I almost did that when bringing my new Raptor home to SoCal from St. Louis, MO. I'm sure you've been checking out the forum but couple of things you might want to do right off the bat.

    1) Get an oil separator (passenger side) as these engines do have a fair amount of blowby. There are several brands (JLT, Ford Performance, UPC) I have the JLT due to ease of use, but check them all out and get the one that makes most sense to you.
    2) Rocker panel foam inserts will keep rocks from messing up your paint as gravel being thrown up by front tires will accumulate in the open area of the rocker panel.
    3) Ford Performance (Air Raid) dry filter (or other) as the OEM is fairly restrictive.
    4) Check out "Auto Fanatics" web site, he has a 2017 GT350 and a bunch of do it yourself "fixes" for various rattles, improvements, etc.
    5) Get under the front splitter and validate that it was installed correctly. Youtube has the official Ford vid on how to install and many of the dealer techs leave out 4 critical screws and it can come off at speed. The area most often missed is 4 screws in the center that are recessed in openings you need a light to see up into...watch the vid and you'll see exactly where... "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqeWVXKNKKc"

    Optional mods:
    1) Hood struts (so you can lose the 1971 Pinto prop rod ).
    2) Aftermarket steering wheel (CJ Pony Parts) has a decent selection but there are others out there. (JMO, but I'm not a fan of the way the faux suede wheel wears - looks worn after just 1 year. Plus you can't eat a PBJ sandwich w/o washing your hands b4 driving ).
    3) LED "switchback" front turn signals and parking light kit. JMO (again) but the LED's look so much more crisp than the OEM incandescent bulbs.

    Oh, and sign up for the "Track Attack" class as soon as you get your notice from Ford Performance (6-10 weeks post purchase). You only have 1 year from date of purchase and the classes fill fast. I waited and nearly lost my chance to attend, was able to book the next to last class and go in early Nov. of this year.

    Enjoy your new ride and hope you meet other local folks here on the forum to meet and cruise with. We have a good local group here and have enjoyed several events (cruises, shows, meets) this year. Lou and Rob have run into folks in parking lots who have joined our events - tons of fun meeting fellow enthusiasts that you would have otherwise never met!!
    2017 GT350 / Lightning Blue / Electronics Pkg...

  6. #25
    Member HELLFIRE's Avatar
    Member #
    7876
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    CLINTON
    Posts
    80
    Member #
    7876
    Liked
    13 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HotLap View Post
    Congrats on your new GT350, sounds like you're enjoying it already!! Too funny with the blue tape, I almost did that when bringing my new Raptor home to SoCal from St. Louis, MO. I'm sure you've been checking out the forum but couple of things you might want to do right off the bat.

    1) Get an oil separator (passenger side) as these engines do have a fair amount of blowby. There are several brands (JLT, Ford Performance, UPC) I have the JLT due to ease of use, but check them all out and get the one that makes most sense to you.
    2) Rocker panel foam inserts will keep rocks from messing up your paint as gravel being thrown up by front tires will accumulate in the open area of the rocker panel.
    3) Ford Performance (Air Raid) dry filter (or other) as the OEM is fairly restrictive.
    4) Check out "Auto Fanatics" web site, he has a 2017 GT350 and a bunch of do it yourself "fixes" for various rattles, improvements, etc.
    5) Get under the front splitter and validate that it was installed correctly. Youtube has the official Ford vid on how to install and many of the dealer techs leave out 4 critical screws and it can come off at speed. The area most often missed is 4 screws in the center that are recessed in openings you need a light to see up into...watch the vid and you'll see exactly where... "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqeWVXKNKKc"

    Optional mods:
    1) Hood struts (so you can lose the 1971 Pinto prop rod [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.gt350.org/forum/images/smilies/wink.png[/IMG]).
    2) Aftermarket steering wheel (CJ Pony Parts) has a decent selection but there are others out there. (JMO, but I'm not a fan of the way the faux suede wheel wears - looks worn after just 1 year. Plus you can't eat a PBJ sandwich w/o washing your hands b4 driving [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.gt350.org/forum/images/smilies/smile.png[/IMG]).
    3) LED "switchback" front turn signals and parking light kit. JMO (again) but the LED's look so much more crisp than the OEM incandescent bulbs.

    Oh, and sign up for the "Track Attack" class as soon as you get your notice from Ford Performance (6-10 weeks post purchase). You only have 1 year from date of purchase and the classes fill fast. I waited and nearly lost my chance to attend, was able to book the next to last class and go in early Nov. of this year.

    Enjoy your new ride and hope you meet other local folks here on the forum to meet and cruise with. We have a good local group here and have enjoyed several events (cruises, shows, meets) this year. Lou and Rob have run into folks in parking lots who have joined our events - tons of fun meeting fellow enthusiasts that you would have otherwise never met!!
    Thanks man for the warm welcoming. I appreciate all the tips and suggestions. I will definitely be looking into that front splinter. I already have ZL1 add on rock guards being shipped to me as I type this. I also planned on getting the JLT oil separator for the passenger side this evening actually.
    I also have an appointment on September 18th for xpel ultimate and window tinting!
    Following that, possibly next spring if I can't make it before winter settles in I will be getting the car ceramic coated.
    Thanks for the tip on the replacement air filter, red or blue will definitely be an upgrade over that yellow ugly pee one, lol....
    I know the steering wheel becomes an issue with wear and time, however I love the way it feels so not sure what I'll do if mine starts to look like crap.
    Again thanks for all the tips, appreciate ya!
    HotLap likes this.
    * 2016 Charger Hellcat *

  7. #26
    Member HELLFIRE's Avatar
    Member #
    7876
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    CLINTON
    Posts
    80
    Member #
    7876
    Liked
    13 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Some updated pictures fellas..
    Enjoy!!
    Name:  22576_1536600897839.jpeg
Views: 45
Size:  1.07 MB
    Name:  22582_1536600916197.jpeg
Views: 43
Size:  1.10 MBName:  22570_1536600932477.jpeg
Views: 42
Size:  1.09 MBName:  22575_1536600969812.jpeg
Views: 47
Size:  894.0 KBName:  22705_1536600986930.jpeg
Views: 43
Size:  1.11 MBName:  21088_1536601005554.jpeg
Views: 43
Size:  173.9 KB
    HotLap likes this.
    * 2016 Charger Hellcat *

  8. #27
    Member YBLEHSGT350's Avatar
    Member #
    8010
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    70
    Member #
    8010
    Liked
    10 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    But... if you add an 875hp Whipple to the 2018 GT350 and tweak it just a little, then you have almost 800hp to the wheels in a 200mph car that looks quite normal. I have tangled with a few HellCats, a V10 R8, and a ZL-1 and they all scratched their heads - wondering what the heck just happenedName:  Shelby.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  328.8 KBName:  whipple.png
Views: 41
Size:  1.57 MBName:  Blower.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  912.4 KB
    Fast Fun & Ford - 2018 Shelby GT350 with 875 Whipple

  9. #28
    Member txjbw11's Avatar
    Member #
    6594
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Dallas texas
    Posts
    53
    Member #
    6594
    Liked
    17 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YBLEHSGT350 View Post
    But... if you add an 875hp Whipple to the 2018 GT350 and tweak it just a little, then you have almost 800hp to the wheels in a 200mph car that looks quite normal. I have tangled with a few HellCats, a V10 R8, and a ZL-1 and they all scratched their heads - wondering what the heck just happened
    Best post i have seen yet.

  10. #29
    Member HELLFIRE's Avatar
    Member #
    7876
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    CLINTON
    Posts
    80
    Member #
    7876
    Liked
    13 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YBLEHSGT350 View Post
    But... if you add an 875hp Whipple to the 2018 GT350 and tweak it just a little, then you have almost 800hp to the wheels in a 200mph car that looks quite normal. I have tangled with a few HellCats, a V10 R8, and a ZL-1 and they all scratched their heads - wondering what the heck just happenedName:  Shelby.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  328.8 KBName:  whipple.png
Views: 41
Size:  1.57 MBName:  Blower.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  912.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by txjbw11 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YBLEHSGT350 View Post
    But... if you add an 875hp Whipple to the 2018 GT350 and tweak it just a little, then you have almost 800hp to the wheels in a 200mph car that looks quite normal. I have tangled with a few HellCats, a V10 R8, and a ZL-1 and they all scratched their heads - wondering what the heck just happened
    Best post i have seen yet.
    Yeah it's a good post, no mistaken that. Just not sure why it's posted on my thread? Doesn't really go with the thread topic.
    Also I don't care, just saying... Lol lol
    * 2016 Charger Hellcat *

  11. #30
    Senior Member HotLap's Avatar
    Member #
    4561
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    757
    Member #
    4561
    Liked
    188 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Nice pics Hellfire and I would love to go for a ride in YHBLE's SC'd GT350!
    2017 GT350 / Lightning Blue / Electronics Pkg...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Mustang GT350 or Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat?
    By cereal killer in forum Mustang GT350 vs The Competition
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-13-2019, 08:17 PM
  2. Dodge Viper vs Mustang Shelby GT350 vs Charger Hellcat
    By ATX350 in forum Mustang GT350 vs The Competition
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-13-2018, 09:35 AM

Search tags for this page

gt350 vs hellcat

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.