Clear Bra or Ceramic Coating? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Clear Bra or Ceramic Coating?

This is a discussion on Clear Bra or Ceramic Coating? within the Mustang GT350 Detailing forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Garage category; Part 2 more pics the process is taking 5 - 6 days. They did full prep, claybar, detox, etc. Then they are doing 3 layers. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Clear Bra or Ceramic Coating?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Part 2 more pics

the process is taking 5 - 6 days.

They did full prep, claybar, detox, etc.

Then they are doing 3 layers. This is 10H stuff, not 9H. @ layers, plus hydrophobic layer.

They also did windows, and all trim. Every nook and crevice was done even in the front grill. All spray coated as well.

This whole job is $3k.

There were other cheaper quotes. I got $1600 for 4 coats lifetime, etc. But it didn't include wheels, interior, and exhaust tip amongst other things. They also said it was 3 - 4 days for them. they used 9H product.

Anyway, I have heard it can cost up to $5k at some locations.

These guys are also professionally trained and certified and this should be done by this Saturday. The days this job takes will be about 7 days including the 1 full day under the heat lamp inside to fully cure as much as possible before hitting the road.
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Last edited by JWS; 08-16-2019 at 09:56 AM.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just finished today and now doing final inspection and any high spot corrections. Will be picking it up in 2 days.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric The MadMan View Post
    I'm doing both ....
    1. Clay & polish $190
    2. XPEL PPF (Full hood, full fenders, bumper, mirrors, lights, door cups) $2000
    3. Ceramic Pro Gold pack (4 layers of 9h paint coating Glass Shield, 1 layer of light on paint, 1 layer of plastic on plastic, 1 layer of Rain on windshield and front side windows, 1 layer of wheel & caliper on faces) $1300

I checked out the shop and it is very clean and the team of installers appear top notch ... they were working on a Mercedes, Corvette & 2 Porsche's waiting in the wings. Can I get it done cheaper? Sure, but I don't want to penny pinch on my $70K Shelby. The most important factors are the prep & the installer. Do your homework & understand your expectations. I was told it will take 4 days. I'll post some pictures later ... good luck!
    I had the XPEL on my 2017. I was very pleased with the self healing properties. I did notice yellowing on corners and areas where the film had to be brought to edges to be finished. I have been told XPEL is one of the harder to remove films, if you needed to have it removed down the road. I am having STEK Dynoshield applied to the 2020 with lifetime CeramicPro over the top. Supposedly the STEK has lesser tendency toward yellowing and offers high quality with a bit thinner film so the lines are even less visible. The fact I have experience with the XPEL what I did mention I think you will be very pleased. I hope switching to the STEK turns out okay for me. Can't wait to see your pics. It'll be down the road but I will let you know what I think of the STEK and post pics. when mine is eventually done.
    Eric The MadMan likes this.
    They say "The third time's the charm"...waiting on replacement car #2 (will be my third try at an acceptable GT350 build). 2020 Shadow Black, technology package, handling package, exposed carbon fiber dash, custom blue calipers and custom painted center wheel caps.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JWS View Post
    Just finished today and now doing final inspection and any high spot corrections. Will be picking it up in 2 days.
    Just saw these pics. Looks great. And you're getting it cheaper than I will be for the area I live. I'm laughing at the reddish color in the water and on the rotor hats. Were you by chance there when they applied that product? I'm guessing it's Iron X. I have a bottle of that. It's awesome stuff but it smells sooooo bad! Removes brake dust, corrosion, when you run over warm gum and it sticks to the car, tar, bugs, etc. Beautiful job and a really great price!
    They say "The third time's the charm"...waiting on replacement car #2 (will be my third try at an acceptable GT350 build). 2020 Shadow Black, technology package, handling package, exposed carbon fiber dash, custom blue calipers and custom painted center wheel caps.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like a very professional job. Fantastic results, you should be quite happy with that. Looks better than new.
    16 GT350 Tech Pkg.......and loving it Cheif!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HellOnWheels View Post
    Just saw these pics. Looks great. And you're getting it cheaper than I will be for the area I live. I'm laughing at the reddish color in the water and on the rotor hats. Were you by chance there when they applied that product? I'm guessing it's Iron X. I have a bottle of that. It's awesome stuff but it smells sooooo bad! Removes brake dust, corrosion, when you run over warm gum and it sticks to the car, tar, bugs, etc. Beautiful job and a really great price!
    I showed up as they were finishing. I believe that is what they used.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally picked it up.

Results were better than I expected. Interior was all done and pretty amazing through and through. I am glad I got the engine compartment area done as well. Just told them not to touch the engine, just all around it and the center brace.

Too much to list, but they also did the wheel wells which was nice. Also ordered those front wheel rock splash guard protector. Will have those treated and put on as soon as they come in.

Now it is baking in the sun all day. I was told that helps it cure faster.
    Eric The MadMan likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HellOnWheels View Post
    I had the XPEL on my 2017. I was very pleased with the self healing properties. I did notice yellowing on corners and areas where the film had to be brought to edges to be finished. I have been told XPEL is one of the harder to remove films, if you needed to have it removed down the road. I am having STEK Dynoshield applied to the 2020 with lifetime CeramicPro over the top. Supposedly the STEK has lesser tendency toward yellowing and offers high quality with a bit thinner film so the lines are even less visible. The fact I have experience with the XPEL what I did mention I think you will be very pleased. I hope switching to the STEK turns out okay for me. Can't wait to see your pics. It'll be down the road but I will let you know what I think of the STEK and post pics. when mine is eventually done.
    Thanks!! Dropped her off this morning & should have her back on Friday. BTW, JWS, your car looks phenomenal!
    Peace out,
    Eric The MadMan
    North County, San Diego
    2018 XXX Yellow; stripe delete; black roof; convenience package

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JWS View Post
    Here are some pic of the process.

Part 1 of many to come.

They did all interior, wheels off, caliper, exhaust tip, under hood. Pretty much everything you can do was done.

Looks like they're doing a really thorough job. Car looks great! I've not heard of the product they're using. Hope it works well for you. Enjoy!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors