Waterless Car Wash
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Waterless Car Wash

This is a discussion on Waterless Car Wash within the Mustang GT350 Detailing forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Garage category; Anybody have any experience with them? I found a Meguiar's Ultimate waterless wash I plan to try out sometime soon. Reason why is because it ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By DTorres31
  • 1 Post By ringmaster

Thread: Waterless Car Wash

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Waterless Car Wash

Anybody have any experience with them? I found a Meguiar's Ultimate waterless wash I plan to try out sometime soon. Reason why is because it seems like washing it the old fashioned leaves tons of streaks.. I think I dry everything and water still ends up sliding out of random spaces.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'd be more concerned depending on whether car is a dark color more of getting even more of those fine scratches you always will eventually get but even more so if theirs even the slightest dust on car with a waterless car wash.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I use the waterless product from Prolong - Amazon sells it. I also hand wash and dry with my Master Blaster blow dryer. It’s the one Wayne Carni pitches on Chasing Classic Cars - it works great - leaves no streaks but is time consuming.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Detailing is my thing! Waterless washes are great when used inside their lane. A waterless wash should be used more like a detail spray where a bit more cleaning power is needed over a standard Quick Detailer. I would never do an entire vehicle with a waterless method. If the whole car needs cleaning and I don't feel like a soap bucket, or it needs it but it's not quite bad enough for the soap bucket, I go with the rinseless method. That one had grown on me and I've become quite the fan.

As mentioned, one of the many blasters out there (or a good 'ol lawn blower; provided you know it's clean inside) is what you're looking for to combat the water out of the cracks all the time. After washing, sheet the standing water off the car with a steady stream of water from the hose, then use the blower to get all the nooks and crannies, and then dry with your favorite microfiber towel and a quick detailer as a drying aid.

I have all but converted to 100% Adam's products...go check them out.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    Detailing is my thing! Waterless washes are great when used inside their lane. A waterless wash should be used more like a detail spray where a bit more cleaning power is needed over a standard Quick Detailer. I would never do an entire vehicle with a waterless method. If the whole car needs cleaning and I don't feel like a soap bucket, or it needs it but it's not quite bad enough for the soap bucket, I go with the rinseless method. That one had grown on me and I've become quite the fan.
    As mentioned, one of the many blasters out there (or a good 'ol lawn blower; provided you know it's clean inside) is what you're looking for to combat the water out of the cracks all the time. After washing, sheet the standing water off the car with a steady stream of water from the hose, then use the blower to get all the nooks and crannies, and then dry with your favorite microfiber towel and a quick detailer as a drying aid.

Hi galaxy. Just to add to your post: I live in an area with really hard water so I bought a water softener tank and do my final rinse with softened (deionized) water. This will eliminate water spots on dry days when you cannot blow the entire car before it dries. You can even skip the blaster if you like and you won't get any spots. I've been doing this for more than 7 years and as long as you monitor the water hardness and change the softener media when necessary, you'll never get water spots.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobSoFine View Post
    Hi galaxy. Just to add to your post: I live in an area with really hard water so I bought a water softener tank and do my final rinse with softened (deionized) water. This will eliminate water spots on dry days when you cannot blow the entire car before it dries. You can even skip the blaster if you like and you won't get any spots. I've been doing this for more than 7 years and as long as you monitor the water hardness and change the softener media when necessary, you'll never get water spots.
    I agree with the water softener. I have been using it for years. My kids would make fun of me, thinking I was being foolish. I have dark colored vehicles. It comes in handy. Now they want to wash their cars at my house. LOL.
    BobSoFine, HotLap and JimT like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thumbs up on the leaf blower to get water out of the cracks, etc. I use my cordless Ryobi every time! I've also been known to take my car or a quick drive around the block to help get H2O out of the wheels/brakes, etc. Trouble is you end up <lightly> re-rinsing the rear valance and around the wheels as they collect dirt.
    2017 GT350 / Lightning Blue / Electronics Pkg...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    143 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Leaf blower...really? hmm.. well I use an air compressor for that application.
    I don't wash my car, only use a waterless wash, lot of good ones out there, the one I've been using is 3D https://www.autogeek.net/3d-waterles...hannelid=BIZRA

and here's video instruction on how to use the product:
    2017 GT350 - Shadow Black / White Stripes

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    109 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post

Yep, me too. So far everything has lived up to the hype. Just used Adam's waterless wash on all three Mustangs a couple of days ago, including wheels. No grime, just dust but they cleaned up well.
    DTorres31 likes this.
    2018 GT350, Orange Fury, black stripes/white accent, Convenience Pkg.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I switched from Meguiars Ultimate Waterless to this. It works amazing and attracts less dust.
    Name:  IMG_1148.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  2.32 MB
    Washed-up Viper pilot.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors