Has anyone found performance brake pads ? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Has anyone found performance brake pads ?

This is a discussion on Has anyone found performance brake pads ? within the Mustang GT350 Brakes forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Garage category; Originally Posted by HotLap Ditto, I have both - lots of dust (to be expected with high performance brake rotors and pads) but the squeal ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone found performance brake pads ?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    194 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HotLap View Post
    Ditto, I have both - lots of dust (to be expected with high performance brake rotors and pads) but the squeal is a pain in the ears. Only squeals when I'm using them lightly around town. Back in the days of Eld, we would apply a brake pad silencer compound to the rear side of the pads and most times it worked very well. I may look into this as the brakes feel fine and no unusual rotor wear nor warping, etc.
    I was told by a friend (Director at Ford Store) that any Mustang with a Track Pack (Brembo Option) or GT350’s (all have Brembo) that they are outfitted with Black rims do to brake dust complaint. Just don’t see it as quick... lol.

But I have a right front brake squeak (700 miles) that is getting annoying. Rotor has no marks, plan on bringing to Dealer attention at Oil Change interval.

Is there any recommended break in for the brakes on this car? I know with other performance kits there is. Anyone?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimT View Post
    I was told by a friend (Director at Ford Store) that any Mustang with a Track Pack (Brembo Option) or GT350’s (all have Brembo) that they are outfitted with Black rims do to brake dust complaint. Just don’t see it as quick... lol.

But I have a right front brake squeak (700 miles) that is getting annoying. Rotor has no marks, plan on bringing to Dealer attention at Oil Change interval.

Is there any recommended break in for the brakes on this car? I know with other performance kits there is. Anyone?
    Jim, I don't doubt the reasoning for the satin black wheels, I like the look of them too! My Porsche had bright silver and they were coated with dust right after washing. Your question re: breaking in the brakes is a good one, would like to hear if this is necessary and if so what folks are doing. IIRC, ShelbyQuest18 had mentioned hard stopping from the triple digit range to bed in the brakes...
    2017 GT350 / Lightning Blue / Electronics Pkg...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    194 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HotLap View Post
    Jim, I don't doubt the reasoning for the satin black wheels, I like the look of them too! My Porsche had bright silver and they were coated with dust right after washing. Your question re: breaking in the brakes is a good one, would like to hear if this is necessary and if so what folks are doing. IIRC, ShelbyQuest18 had mentioned hard stopping from the triple digit range to bed in the brakes...
    So we fix our brake squeak by floging the car? Not a bad idea if I had glaze build up on the rotors (none) and I have already tried a variation of this which changed nothing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimT View Post
    So we fix our brake squeak by floging the car? Not a bad idea if I had glaze build up on the rotors (none) and I have already tried a variation of this which changed nothing.
    Gotcha, be interested to hear what your dealer says and what the fix is, thx!
    2017 GT350 / Lightning Blue / Electronics Pkg...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Here another vote for what to do about a brake squeal at low speeds/light pressure. Started around 1,000 Miles. I think mine started also after my first realy good heavy brake session, but I wouldn’t even call that one excessive.

If you want EBC pads, I got a guy for that. We can find matches. I have a set of big Wilwood brakes on my Focus ST front and rear and they matched pads for both, in any color too.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    EBC is coming out with Red pads for front and rear, but he had no ETA. Only debate after that would be over running ceramic pads on these rotors. I've had Reds on a Focus ST with full WilWood system and they were pretty darn near zero dust. Didn't have it long enough to make a determination on effects on the rotors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors