Resonator Delete Lethal to Corsa?
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on Resonator Delete Lethal to Corsa? within the Mustang GT350 Performance forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Garage category; I just installed my resonator delete X-pipe from Lethal Performance yesterday and while product is a quality piece, And I generally like the increased volume ...

Thread: Resonator Delete Lethal to Corsa?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just installed my resonator delete X-pipe from Lethal Performance yesterday and while product is a quality piece, And I generally like the increased volume of the car, I’m not thrilled with one part of it. I notice that at around 1200 and 1750 RPMs and then again near 3k I feel and hear quite a bit more vibration/resonance. Now I get it, I removed the resonators so what else do I expect. And this engine produces quite a bit of vibration anyway. But I find that it manifests itself in increased bass in the cabin. I wouldn’t call it drone necessarily, but I’m wondering if I should have gone with the Corsa double Helix to eliminate this extra bass/resonance vibration, while still getting an increase in volume out the back.

It is definitely not that anything is loose. It’s not a metal on metal vibration or rattling. It’s just a fairly noticeable and intrusive bass addition that you can feel in the floor, the wheel, etc as the engine goes up and down through the RPM range. Everyone talks about how it’ll sound like the 350R but I can’t imagine the R has this kind of annoying bass at random RPM ranges from the factory. Could it have anything to do with piping size etc from Lethal vs what the stock pipes are? Just trying to figure out if I should remove this thing and get the Corsa if that’ll make it any better or if this is something I’ll now how to live with unless I put the old section back on.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That hapens when you are driving in sport mode or normal?

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    XPIPE question: My car's brand new and I'm on the fence about Corsa, double helix. I was on Lethal Performance site and didn't see any other option besides the 'double helix'. What did you get from them --do they make a single? It's a tough choice between Ford's x pipe and Corsa's double helix.
    Thanks for any comments

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors