Octance Boost
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Octance Boost

This is a discussion on Octance Boost within the Mustang GT350 Performance forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Garage category; Hi - I use my car for street use only and infrequently. As such, I try to use ethanol free gasoline but can't find any ...

Thread: Octance Boost

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Octance Boost

Hi - I use my car for street use only and infrequently. As such, I try to use ethanol free gasoline but can't find any over 91 Octane. While I realize it's adequate for my purposes, I would like to run at lease 93 Octance as I tried Sunoco 93 (with 10% ethanol) and car was definitely more responsive. Does anyone have any recommendations on a high grade racing fuel additive/concerntrate I can safely use to increase the Octance some that will not damage O2 sensors, catalytic converters, etc.? Thank you!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue View Post
    Hi - I use my car for street use only and infrequently. As such, I try to use ethanol free gasoline but can't find any over 91 Octane. While I realize it's adequate for my purposes, I would like to run at lease 93 Octance as I tried Sunoco 93 (with 10% ethanol) and car was definitely more responsive. Does anyone have any recommendations on a high grade racing fuel additive/concerntrate I can safely use to increase the Octance some that will not damage O2 sensors, catalytic converters, etc.? Thank you!
    Torco Accelerator works well.
    Last edited by 65sohc; 01-29-2020 at 07:28 PM.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As does ethanol. I run e85.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I use Aces IV, works good for me.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Obviously you are from the east, as am I. I drove out west of the Mississippi last year and all I could find is 91 or less. This worked well and at higher elevations, 6k ft to 8k I was getting 26 - 28 mpg in 4th around 4000 rpm. If you want better response drive in a lower gear, RE: 3rd or 4th. You have to keep the RPM around 3000 - 4000 and the temp up. The 5.2 FPC is made to run around 200deg +. 1200 rpm and 180 F does more damage than good.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Everyone. Trying avoid MMT contents in booster so will stick with pump 91 premium..

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spoke with Brian. Seems like a good guy. How long have you been using Aces IV and have you tried their oil? Thanks

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors