corsa x pipe with resonator delete
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on corsa x pipe with resonator delete within the Mustang GT350 Performance forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Garage category; hey everyone, new here. i'm thinking about picking up the corsa double helix x-pipe with resonator delete but had a couple questions for people who ...

Thread: corsa x pipe with resonator delete

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hey everyone, new here.
    i'm thinking about picking up the corsa double helix x-pipe with resonator delete but had a couple questions for people who have it..

is it still quiet inside the car when valves are closed? do you notice any drone? i appreciate any information you can give

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kpl88 View Post
    hey everyone, new here.
    i'm thinking about picking up the corsa double helix x-pipe with resonator delete but had a couple questions for people who have it..

is it still quiet inside the car when valves are closed? do you notice any drone? i appreciate any information you can give
    I'm not the brightest bulb in the knife drawer, but I don't understand why folks buy the x-pipes. I mean that sincerely, not as an indictment of any sort. Is there something better about these x-pipes than the factory x-pipe on the car? I simply went to my local performance exhaust shop and had them cut out the resonators and weld replacement pipe in their place. I didn't replace the factory x-pipe. Twenty minutes and $88 later I was done. It is still quiet inside when the valves are closed and there is no drone whatsoever. When I was looking into whether or not to remove my resonators, every response from those who had done it was, "If you're considering doing it, DO IT!!" I echo that sentiment in strongest terms.

The car was loud enough immediately after I did it that I wondered if I had done the right thing as I was leaving the shop. That lasted about 12.7 seconds. Minus those dozen seconds, I haven't doubted the decision one bit.

Hope this helped. And if there's more to this x-pipe thing that I'm missing, I'd appreciate whatever info/advice anyone has to offer.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I also took mine to a muffler shop n cut the resonators, the car is quiet in normal but loud in sport mode but once Im in the highway and set the cruise control it gets quiet, no drone at all! I rater spend the money in suspension or oil separators or stuff like that..but thts just me

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thinking about doing what you did, but don't want to regret not spending for and x pipe --wondering why it's ford's only option with delete

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors