Any Ford Factory Technicians here on the GT350 Forum? I got a question for ya'!
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on Any Ford Factory Technicians here on the GT350 Forum? I got a question for ya'! within the Mustang GT350 Performance forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Garage category; Since Ford frowns on aftermarket tunes for our cars ( ) do you have the ability to do any "tuning" in-house?...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By snowman

Thread: Any Ford Factory Technicians here on the GT350 Forum? I got a question for ya'!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Since Ford frowns on aftermarket tunes for our cars () do you have the ability to do any "tuning" in-house?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was a tech at a ford dealer for 20 years I retired in 2016 and got myself a 17 gt 350 for a retirement present to myself. There is no way to program any aftermarket data at the dealer level. The ford performance program were all we were able to do. I wont use any aftermarket programmer on my car. Almost all the vehicles with engine damage had aftermarket programs and the dealers can be charged back up to 5 times the cost of the repair for replacing the motor in a car with a programmer.
    03reptile likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    hmmmmm, I have heard that from my Dealer as well - so I wonder how the Whipple program works so well - I am ultra-impressed by the power, reliability, driveability of the blower set up on pump gas.
    Fast Fun & Ford - 2018 Shelby GT350R with 875 Whipple tuned to 903hp

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good luck on the Whipple. I was told at Shelby in Las Vegas that the 5.2 FPC has been lightened up for the high rpm's. Something about no external balancer. If you put a SC on the top or a Pro-Charger on the side, it creates stress on the front of the crank. This Constant stress will cause failure after a while. Then all you have is a large block of aluminum setting in your engine bay. They said the best way to make your car faster on is suspension tweeks.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors