Are The Typical Bolt-on Mods Worth it on the GT350?
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Are The Typical Bolt-on Mods Worth it on the GT350?

This is a discussion on Are The Typical Bolt-on Mods Worth it on the GT350? within the Mustang GT350 Performance forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Garage category; My last Mustang, a 2016 GT with the performance pack, had many bolt-on performance parts added which helped the car immensely: Steeda CAI w/ tune, ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Dr. IDO VUDU

Thread: Are The Typical Bolt-on Mods Worth it on the GT350?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question Are The Typical Bolt-on Mods Worth it on the GT350?

My last Mustang, a 2016 GT with the performance pack, had many bolt-on performance parts added which helped the car immensely: Steeda CAI w/ tune, complete exhaust build (longtubes, X-pipe, Flowmasters), Steeda progressive springs, MGW shifter. Does any of this stuff work as well on the GT350 as it does on the standard Mustang GT? Right now I only looking at doing the X-Pipe to eliminate the resonators and a K&N cone filter to replace the stock paper filter. I don't want to go deep into modding such a great car as the GT350 is from the factory if the return on investment isn't worth the effort. Any and all recommendations appreciated. TIA.

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PTParks View Post
    My last Mustang, a 2016 GT with the performance pack, had many bolt-on performance parts added which helped the car immensely: Steeda CAI w/ tune, complete exhaust build (longtubes, X-pipe, Flowmasters), Steeda progressive springs, MGW shifter. Does any of this stuff work as well on the GT350 as it does on the standard Mustang GT? Right now I only looking at doing the X-Pipe to eliminate the resonators and a K&N cone filter to replace the stock paper filter. I don't want to go deep into modding such a great car as the GT350 is from the factory if the return on investment isn't worth the effort. Any and all recommendations appreciated. TIA.
    I have a Lund flex tune. Running e85 makes a huge difference over the 91 octane I would otherwise have to run in California. I'm up about 30 whp. The difference is closer to 20 if you have 93 octane. I also have JLT intake which adds 5-8 hp. I doubt a K&N cone alone would do much since you're not increasing the MAF housing diameter. I measured intake restriction ahead of the throttle body with a manometer and confirmed a reduction with the JLT.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The only bold-on modification that I would ever recommend is the Ford Performance Springs, especially if you plan to go to at least 2 track events a year. For regular street or daily driving, leave it stock! There is no need for additional power gains if not doing time trials or track events. The car is very sweet as it is.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MGW shifter and FPP springs with DSC sport programmable module for the magneride.

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS DOC View Post
    MGW shifter and FPP springs with DSC sport programmable module for the magneride.
    I've had the DSC Magnetuner for three years. My son has a bone stock '16 GT350. Driving the cars back to back yields a negligible difference. Any improvement in ride comfort comes at the expense of body control. Corvette guys seem to love it which probably says more about their OE suspension tuning.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 65sohc View Post
    I've had the DSC Magnetuner for three years. My son has a bone stock '16 GT350. Driving the cars back to back yields a negligible difference. Any improvement in ride comfort comes at the expense of body control. Corvette guys seem to love it which probably says more about their OE suspension tuning.
    You do know it is programmable and that makes a world of difference?

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm well aware of that. I've done a lot of tuning with it. The original calibration made the car almost undriveable. I have since improved upon that with the help of one of the other members. I'm still not overly impressed. I'd be curious to see what your calibration looks like.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors