Stock driveline strength
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Stock driveline strength

This is a discussion on Stock driveline strength within the Mustang GT350 Performance forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Garage category; New proud owner of a 2018 Leadfoot gray stripeless GT350 I’ve been looking at different forced induction options and it haven’t really seen much about ...

Thread: Stock driveline strength

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stock driveline strength

New proud owner of a 2018 Leadfoot gray stripeless GT350

I’ve been looking at different forced induction options and it haven’t really seen much about how these boosted voodoo motors and drivelines are holding up.

I watched a YouTube video with a procharged GT350 and he mentioned having transmission issues and had it rebuilt and was using something different currently

Are we just in a waiting period at this point to see how well these engines and transmissions hold up long term with the extra power?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quite a few have the whipple charger and seem to be doing ok. I suggest you do a break in and watch oil levels before you go boosted. I got my LF in May and might boost it this winter.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    7500 miles on a Whipple and no issues at all - amazing power - amazing sound - purple oil - and has exceeded the factory’s top speed with ease - despite this, I am not jamming the gears / gentle shifts vs the guys that jam through and kill the clutch
    Fast Fun & Ford - 2018 Shelby GT350R with 875 Whipple tuned to 903hp

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I’m leaning towards procharger currently just because there is less torque compared to the whipple. Also read about the whipple having drivability issues but who knows

I guess the tremec is “only” rated to 430ftlbs of torque technically but look at the Supra and the V160 and how much power it’s known to hold vs what it was rated at.

The whipple sure does have a pretty powerband though.

When I want to drive spirited I don’t want to granny shift the gears so all that extra torque is probably asking for it

Not to mention we really don’t know how the voodoo is going to hold up the extra power long term either.

Time will tell I guess. 6k miles is pretty good though. You’d figure if there was going to be an issue we’d have seen it by now.
    Last edited by myMUSICveins; 10-01-2018 at 08:12 AM.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors