procharger box vs dyno tune
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on procharger box vs dyno tune within the Mustang GT350 Performance forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Garage category; I have a shop that is a vendor of procharger ready to do an install for me. But, the owner is telling me they will ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nicosuave1
  • 1 Post By YBLEHSGT350

Thread: procharger box vs dyno tune

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a shop that is a vendor of procharger ready to do an install for me.
    But, the owner is telling me they will load the procharger tune that comes with the kit, then "Verify it on the dyno"

Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought every individual vehicle is slightly different in one way or the other, and that a dyno tune gets the car dialed in for all it's individuality, and that prebuilt tunes that come with kits are just basically to get you hobbling to the nearest dyno tune shop for a dyno tune.

But this shop is telling me the tune from procharger is perfect and that if I want it verified on the dyno ok but it's not necessary.

Please help

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't really understand why any shop would be giving you grief over wanting a personalized dyno tune. That's money in their pocket, and you're giving them business so realistically they should be catering to you. The tunes that come from manufacturers are a preset that will get the vehicle running and will work assuming you don't try to change anything equipment or fuel-wise on the car. Will it be optimally efficient and perfect? No. Will it blow your car up? No. Is it dangerous to run the car with the out of the box tune? No. Would it benefit you to have a custom dyno tune done? Absolutely.

Tuning has come a long way, and while an out of the box tune is not the best option out there, it won't cause any harm. Look at it this way, if companies like Lund and VMP can get a list of mods and write a tune and email to you within a week; the manufacturer that built, tested, refined and did all the other leg work with your supercharger with a physical car and a dyno in front of them is definitely going to be able to send a tune in the box that will be safe long term. You're absolutely right in the fact that every car is a little different, and until it's on a dyno you can't make the tune 100% perfect; but up until that point, the box tune will be up to par with negligible performance losses.

If your're still worried about it, I would advise you to reach out to the manufacturer directly and ask the question.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    wow thank you for the thorough and well written explanation. I really appreciate it

My only other question is does it matter what shop I let dyno tune it. Is there really a difference between a shop in SD that says they know what their doing, they've done it before etc. vs working with Lund or VMP etc. I had another member on another forum recommending that I go with a reputable shop for tuning like Lund, is there something to that or is that guy just biased.
    Last edited by nicosuave1; 09-28-2018 at 03:33 PM.
    MikeM likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Whipple Tune is Spot on for the 875hp - Small edits like Long Tubes, Pulley, or 93 octane vs. 91 allows you to have your Dyno shop make 50 more HP if you want -

Whipple is the best kit I have ever added and the most 100% turn-key vs. shop mods, bracket griding, or shims for belt alignment - Besides, it looks like it belongs -Name:  Blower.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  912.4 KB
    DTorres31 likes this.
    Fast Fun & Ford - 2018 Shelby GT350R with 875 Whipple tuned to 903hp

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors