JLT Cold Air Intake and FPP Oil Separator
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on JLT Cold Air Intake and FPP Oil Separator within the Mustang GT350 Performance forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Garage category; The driver's side Ford Performance Parts oil separator and the JLT Cold Air kit don't fit together without cutting into the air box. Just saying. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: JLT Cold Air Intake and FPP Oil Separator

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The driver's side Ford Performance Parts oil separator and the JLT Cold Air kit don't fit together without cutting into the air box.
    Just saying.
    The Painted Cold Air kit looks nice under the hood.

On another note, anyone ran a baseline dyno in the heat and humidity in the southeast? Hoping Rodneytxps is able to shed some light on it.

Thanks,
    Aggie81

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The drivers side isn't very important.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I purchased the JLT oil separators as they both are worth having. I have checked mine since installing them just a couple of weeks ago, and with just over 600 miles on the clock, and they are already catching enough oil to cover the bottom of the cannister. I've had these on my Boss 302 and it is well worth having both of them. Much cheaper than the Ford Performance pieces. Plus the Ford cans do not empty nearly as easily as the JLT units. I'm just giving you my perspective as I have used these cans on two Mustangs, and they do work...

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Call Erick at Leading Edge Tuning. 832-486-9043

He has several dyno pulls on file in the heat. Stock and E85 tuned.
    He has done several tunes for base mustangs with JLT and I am sure he can write one for you.
    He will also do 2 dyno pulls for 150.00 with no tuning if you just want a base line.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info. I bought the Ford ones before the JLT Air kit and was disappointed when they didn't fit together. That's the way things go with aftermarket.
    Good to know about them working well for you.

I did the JLT install and started the car for just a few seconds to see how it ran. Very rough and wouldn't idle. I shut it off and flashed with Lund tune for the intake and smoothed out and ran well. Did 2 dyno pulls a few days later and came back with basically stock numbers to rear wheels at best; 363 and 366 TQ, 436 and 441 HP on 93 Shell gas.
    Contacted Lund via email and they asked for data logs. Did 2 runs for them, preliminary was low quality gas was the reason. They asked if I would go to empty and fill up with another gas brand. Do 2 more runs and resend logs. At this point for the moment. The cars runs well with no knock or roughness.
    May be the dyno as I've been told they are each different. I barely have 800 miles since getting it mid April.
    I enjoy driving it when I get a chance and thanks to the engineers who designed it.
    Take Care

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie81 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I bought the Ford ones before the JLT Air kit and was disappointed when they didn't fit together. That's the way things go with aftermarket.
    Good to know about them working well for you.

I did the JLT install and started the car for just a few seconds to see how it ran. Very rough and wouldn't idle. I shut it off and flashed with Lund tune for the intake and smoothed out and ran well. Did 2 dyno pulls a few days later and came back with basically stock numbers to rear wheels at best; 363 and 366 TQ, 436 and 441 HP on 93 Shell gas.
    Contacted Lund via email and they asked for data logs. Did 2 runs for them, preliminary was low quality gas was the reason. They asked if I would go to empty and fill up with another gas brand. Do 2 more runs and resend logs. At this point for the moment. The cars runs well with no knock or roughness.
    May be the dyno as I've been told they are each different. I barely have 800 miles since getting it mid April.
    I enjoy driving it when I get a chance and thanks to the engineers who designed it.
    Take Care
    FYI - the CAI without any other mods is pretty much a waste, there is confirmed dyno data that shows there may be 1-2HP gain over stock. A tune for the factory equipment is the best first step.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GT_Dave View Post
    FYI - the CAI without any other mods is pretty much a waste, there is confirmed dyno data that shows there may be 1-2HP gain over stock. A tune for the factory equipment is the best first step.
    Who has the best tune for a stock GT350?

Thanks
    Jack
    midnitejam likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I went with Lund Racing and the nGauge. It took a little doing but I'm happy with the support and results. Dakota at Lund did the tune work. Lund was very good on the support. I haven't had it back on the Dyno but it is more lively above 2500 rpm. Still a lazy motor under 2000 rpm. I drove it about 400 miles this weekend on I35 in Texas, MPG was 18.1 with speeds 75 to 90. Lots of thumbs up. The air temp outside was around 97 with intake temp showing 107 sometimes a little lower but mostly within 10 degrees of ambient at freeway speed.
    If you do the nGauge, you can do data logging and look at the log file with "livelink" software from https://www.sctflash.com/support others may do the same but I don't know.
    I'm happy with the JLT CAI and nGauge but I wish the JLT and Ford Performance driver's side oil separator worked together.
    The engine will not work properly with just a JLT CAI, you must run a tune from someone.

Member #
    Odessa, TX, United States, in a year or so, Parker, TX
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie81 View Post
    I went with Lund Racing and the nGauge. It took a little doing but I'm happy with the support and results. Dakota at Lund did the tune work. Lund was very good on the support. I haven't had it back on the Dyno but it is more lively above 2500 rpm. Still a lazy motor under 2000 rpm. I drove it about 400 miles this weekend on I35 in Texas, MPG was 18.1 with speeds 75 to 90. Lots of thumbs up. The air temp outside was around 97 with intake temp showing 107 sometimes a little lower but mostly within 10 degrees of ambient at freeway speed.
    If you do the nGauge, you can do data logging and look at the log file with "livelink" software from https://www.sctflash.com/support others may do the same but I don't know.
    I'm happy with the JLT CAI and nGauge but I wish the JLT and Ford Performance driver's side oil separator worked together.
    The engine will not work properly with just a JLT CAI, you must run a tune from someone.
    Ok Aggie 81,
    Since you stated in your earlier post that the CAI and Lund tune initially gave you 3 lb-ft torque and 6 hp gains, have you dyno'd the car since then and how did those compare to stock? How many revisions did Lund put you through?
    I am also considering the same mods, but may consider headers as an alternative then add a tune CAI combo when more significant gains are achieved.
    Thanks in advance for your reply.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Speaking of JLT Performance and SCT tunes, does anybody know if it will void my warranty? I have an appointment in a few weeks for squeaky brakes. And now my vehicle health report says something is wrong with the brakes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors