Should I buy a ProCharger
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on Should I buy a ProCharger within the Mustang GT350 Builds forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Hi I am looking to ProCharge my 17 gt350 Should I buy a complete kit or I should get a tuner kit I have a ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By DeputyDog95
  • 2 Post By daalbert

Thread: Should I buy a ProCharger

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi I am looking to ProCharge my 17 gt350
    Should I buy a complete kit or I should get a tuner kit I have a hook a a shop I get it at cost
    But what should I buy I am not looking for a 1000 hp just like maybe 750 tire

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I like the clean look of the complete Whipple Kit for under $10,000 - it just appeals to my style and lightly tweaked to 903hp on 91 octane

Name:  Blower.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  912.4 KB
    Fast Fun & Ford - 2018 Shelby GT350R with 875 Whipple tuned to 903hp

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icastspellz View Post
    Hi I am looking to ProCharge my 17 gt350
    Should I buy a complete kit or I should get a tuner kit I have a hook a a shop I get it at cost
    But what should I buy I am not looking for a 1000 hp just like maybe 750 tire
    the procharger "314" complete kit for the gt350 will probably do you well. you can opt for the P1X head unit for slightly more, request the 9lb pulley set up, and it'll run on 91 pump with their canned tune. that "314" kit comes with everything you need including DW 1000cc injectors, ngauge, etc. they've recently removed the JMS dual BAP as they said they were able to do tweaks to the tune and it wasnt necessary any longer. you'll probably hit that hp number with that set up and have a very nice driveable car.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YBLEHSGT350 View Post
    I like the clean look of the complete Whipple Kit for under $10,000 - it just appeals to my style and lightly tweaked to 903hp on 91 octane

Name:  Blower.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  912.4 KB
    i assume 903 crank hp. btw, that STB looks REAL tight. the whipp doesnt get tapped during hard load?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd go buy a hellcat or something comparable if you're simply looking for giant HP. Not the answer you're looking for, but with the way these cars pop stock engines, boosting them seems like a not so great idea. Coupled with the fact that long term reliability will go down, annoying problems like CEL's will go up, any warranty (factory or extended) you may have left will be gone, and your resale will go in the toilet with a car that will be tough to sell at anywhere near what you have in it.

But if it's a forever car, not a daily driver, and you must do it... The stock car is kind of special as a street legal track car for under $75k. It's pretty well thought out by Ford and great at its intended purpose. I don't know if you actually track (road course) the car or not, but if you add an extra 250-300hp, you'll likely need to add more engine/tranny cooling, bigger brakes, and modify the suspension. I've tracked student cars where all they did was add more HP with nothing else to supplement the additional power, and it was a shit show between overheating and brake fade. Just something to consider.
    03reptile and Eric The MadMan like this.
    2019 GT350R (white/blue stripes)
    1985 Porsche 911 (street)
    1979 Porsche 911 (race)

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    4 days ago · #5
    I'd go buy a hellcat or something comparable if you're simply looking for giant HP. Not the answer you're looking for, but with the way these cars pop stock engines, boosting them seems like a not so great idea. Coupled with the fact that long term reliability will go down, annoying problems like CEL's will go up, any warranty (factory or extended) you may have left will be gone, and your resale will go in the toilet with a car that will be tough to sell at anywhere near what you have in it.
    But if it's a forever car, not a daily driver, and you must do it... The stock car is kind of special as a street legal track car for under $75k. It's pretty well thought out by Ford and great at its intended purpose. I don't know if you actually track (road course) the car or not, but if you add an extra 250-300hp, you'll likely need to add more engine/tranny cooling, bigger brakes, and modify the suspension. I've tracked student cars where all they did was add more HP with nothing else to supplement the additional power, and it was a shit show between overheating and brake fade. Just something to consider.

I feel you I understand what your saying but
    The hellcat doesn’t turn and the zl1 did nothing for me I have other cars like a m6 that is making
    700 tire it’s fun but like a boat all I want is some more of a kick and able to keep up with hellcats and zl1 so I not looking to make huge power
    I don’t think if I run A 6 psi will over heat

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    we have a dozen guys in my group and no one is "popping" engines - on mine, Whipple, dual-disc clutch, upgraded chains, and oil gears, it's at 903hp to the rear wheels, and now has 18,000 miles of fun! No issues - no reason to create panic and go, Dodge - a TRUE Ford person would never utter those words anyhow... maybe I am super lucky but after seeing the TrackAttack cars get the hell beat out of them over and over and over on Pilot 4S - very little issues to speak of. 3

It could be that they warm the cars up every time and get them to temp before they pound them... could be - I can't even imagine turning my back on Ford to jump ship to the folks that filed Bankruptcy twice - some of us are Shelby people through and through.

Name:  demon.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  87.2 KB
    Fast Fun & Ford - 2018 Shelby GT350R with 875 Whipple tuned to 903hp

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree with Deputy Dog95. If you want a straight line special, go buy one. If you want to "keep up with the hellcats, don't buy a track car. There are mainly only two kinds of "track" cars that have boosters on them. Indy cars and strip cars. I, personally, love my GT350 for what it is and as it is and what it was built for. I don't need to make it anything else. If you want that much HP and you want to stick with Ford, get a new GT500. Ford says it will do it all and by the time you get done SC you're 350, you will have just as much $ invested in a car that won't resale as you would if you had bought the 500 in the first place.
    I was at the Shelby store last year and asked them about it. Vince at shelby told me that the key to going faster with a GT350 is suspension. He also said DO NOT super charge the 5.2 FPC. It was a road to destruction.
    Either way, my $.02. Enjoy the car and drive safe.
    03reptile and Eric The MadMan like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There are what we call true Shelby owners and people that are not not true blooded Ford owners. I own a 2016 GT 350 R with a Whipple blown supercharger. I’ve had it for two years using it at the track on the East Coast and have not a bit of problems with it. I am running consistently 9 pound boost and I’m able to generate 825 hp at the crank 700 hp at the rear. Even the Porsche GT 3’s have a hell of a time keeping up with me on the straights at the tracks, they always see my rear bumper. 😂So that should answer for those people that feel that you should not modify your track cars. If you work on the suspension put some money in it change out the driveshaft you should have no problems.As a quarter-mile car I could, running slicks could probably consistently run in the high 90’s to low 10’s; with that car being a partial what we could say a cobra jet set up. So the hellcat would have a problem.I might add Kenny Bell could not help me out on a blower so that’s why I went Whipple which I’ve been very happy with, I have had a lot of Shelby’s and I must say they consistently run good with super chargers. See you at the Tracks.💪🍺😎

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    199 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog95 View Post

I have to agree with the purpose of the car. A Shelby GT350 as one of the best balanced Road Course cars you can buy. The only thing I love about Hellcats is the thought they have beating me in a straight away, only to ‘off track’ on the first turn! Added extra horsepower won’t get you around a track much faster, and guarantee it will shorten the life of the cars well balanced design.
    2017 GT350 - Magnetic Grey - **JTVUDOO**

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors