Took delivery today!
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Took delivery today!

This is a discussion on Took delivery today! within the Mustang GT350 Photos/Videos forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; My wife picked me up at IAH this afternoon, and we drove straight to McRee Ford in Dickinson to pick up the car. She did ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Took delivery today!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Took delivery today!

My wife picked me up at IAH this afternoon, and we drove straight to McRee Ford in Dickinson to pick up the car.

She did good, buying this for me as a surprise, albeit not being able to keep it a surprise until I landed.
    Stopped at Chevron to fuel up (I’m glad they hadn’t filled it with some other brand, so I could fuel up with Chevron gas), then drove 25 miles home, and already did 10 of the 30 Brembo break-in stops. Kept the revs at just a tad above 3000, and monitored the oil pressure, which is ~100 psi at revs, and ~35 at idle. When I got home I waited 15 mins, measured the oil (full), then installed the FP catch cans (both sides).
    Looking fwd to getting the 1000 mi on it so I can hammer it with peace of mind.

A question popped into my mind while driving it home, do any GT350 owners EVER drive their car with the exhaust in normal? It would seem to be the exception rather then the rule...at least it will be for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    2019 GT350 (K2371): “The Enchantress”
    Velocity Blue w/White Stripes, Electronics Package, Vehicle Cover, non-Recaro Leather AC seats, and both P & D side FP catch-cans.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Some more pics...catch cans installed.
    Velocity Blue w/White Stripes, Electronics Package, Vehicle Cover, non-Recaro Leather AC seats, and both P & D side FP catch-cans.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Passenger side..

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Congrats on the car. I do occasionally set my exhaust on normal. I think the oil problems with a few GT350's has all but disappeared with the 2019/2020 models.
    RJay likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 03reptile View Post
    Congrats on the car. I do occasionally set my exhaust on normal. I think the oil problems with a few GT350's has all but disappeared with the 2019/2020 models.
    Congratulations!

Mine is only on "Normal" if I forget to go into "Sport" mode - I like everything about that mode - and it takes care of exhaust, steering, and dampers with a single selection.

By breaking in the Brembo's correctly you won't be complaining about the brakes squealing. That will not, however, exempt you from membership in the Brake Dust Club - I had to change them out.

I installed both FP O/A seps and I'm glad I did - but I will tell you in almost 6200 miles of operation the driver's side is still bone dry.

If you want to swap that air filter out for a pretty blue one buy this and save money - same as FP - just $40 cheaper: https://smile.amazon.com/Airaid-AIR-...6868350&sr=8-1

Totally unsolicited advice but I wish I had faced the wrath of my wife and installed PPF on the front, rear fender swells, and the black trunk lid panel. My car is a rock chip magnet. The vinyl on the stripes is super thin and I would probably have protected that too come to think of it.

You'll be happy you broke it in correctly - I check my oil and tires (cold) every Sunday morning - level has barely budged in 4600 miles. I check/drain my O/A seps every 2000 miles.
    03reptile likes this.
    2019 GT350 - Finally arrived!
    2014 Mustang GT - Great car! Hard to see her go!
    1965 Mustang Fastback - Wish I still had it!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Thanks! Got 200 mi on it and I’ve only had it 50 hours!
    I started going a little higher in revs today, to about 4200. Also dabbed the gas and went WOT from ~3300 to 4200...awesome.
    My wife had another surprise...received the embroidered floor mats...love them.
    I do think there’s a little oil consumption; at 35 mi the oil was at the little hole above the hash marks. Today it was at the hash marks. Maybe I misread it when I first measured it; I’ll check every 100 mi and report back.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RJay View Post
    Congratulations!

Mine is only on "Normal" if I forget to go into "Sport" mode - I like everything about that mode - and it takes care of exhaust, steering, and dampers with a single selection.

By breaking in the Brembo's correctly you won't be complaining about the brakes squealing. That will not, however, exempt you from membership in the Brake Dust Club - I had to change them out.

I installed both FP O/A seps and I'm glad I did - but I will tell you in almost 6200 miles of operation the driver's side is still bone dry.

If you want to swap that air filter out for a pretty blue one buy this and save money - same as FP - just $40 cheaper: https://smile.amazon.com/Airaid-AIR-...6868350&sr=8-1

Totally unsolicited advice but I wish I had faced the wrath of my wife and installed PPF on the front, rear fender swells, and the black trunk lid panel. My car is a rock chip magnet. The vinyl on the stripes is super thin and I would probably have protected that too come to think of it.

You'll be happy you broke it in correctly - I check my oil and tires (cold) every Sunday morning - level has barely budged in 4600 miles. I check/drain my O/A seps every 2000 miles.
    Your advice is well taken RJaY; Monday it’s getting the entire hood, frt qtr panels, frt fascia, and headlights covered in PPF ($1900).
    Wish I’d done it to my 2010 GT500 & 1997 Viper GTS (also blue/white stripes).

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 03reptile View Post
    Thanks, we’ll see (oil)...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRXC View Post
    Thanks! Got 200 mi on it and I’ve only had it 50 hours!
    I started going a little higher in revs today, to about 4200. Also dabbed the gas and went WOT from ~3300 to 4200...awesome.
    My wife had another surprise...received the embroidered floor mats...love them.
    I do think there’s a little oil consumption; at 35 mi the oil was at the little hole above the hash marks. Today it was at the hash marks. Maybe I misread it when I first measured it; I’ll check every 100 mi and report back.
    The dipsticks will actually read slightly different depending on how you seat them. I always wipe mine down real good, orient the hash marks away from me, and then insert from behind the strut tower brace (firewall side). I pull from that side too. I check it at least twice to make sure I'm not dragging it on something on the way out.
    2019 GT350 - Finally arrived!
    2014 Mustang GT - Great car! Hard to see her go!
    1965 Mustang Fastback - Wish I still had it!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Congrats on that Gt350, !!very nice color, I like to drive mine in a sport mode. Im not that far from you either.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors