Took delivery today! - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Took delivery today!

This is a discussion on Took delivery today! within the Mustang GT350 Photos/Videos forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Originally Posted by RJay The dipsticks will actually read slightly different depending on how you seat them. I always wipe mine down real good, orient ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Took delivery today!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJay View Post
    The dipsticks will actually read slightly different depending on how you seat them. I always wipe mine down real good, orient the hash marks away from me, and then insert from behind the strut tower brace (firewall side). I pull from that side too. I check it at least twice to make sure I'm not dragging it on something on the way out.
    Got it; will keep the placement/orientation consistent for relevant readings. Thanks!
    2019 GT350 (K2371): “The Enchantress”
    Velocity Blue w/White Stripes, Electronics Package, Vehicle Cover, non-Recaro Leather AC seats, and both P & D side FP catch-cans.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxstang84 View Post
    Congrats on that Gt350, !!very nice color, I like to drive mine in a sport mode. Im not that far from you either.
    Thanks! No we’re not too far apart; we should meet up to admire each other’s ride before I head back to Africa...
    Velocity Blue w/White Stripes, Electronics Package, Vehicle Cover, non-Recaro Leather AC seats, and both P & D side FP catch-cans.

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello, and Happy Holidays!

I am sorry if parts of this tread has already been covered elsewhere, but as a "newbie", my 2019 will be arriving shortly and I am learning

I am not familiar about the break in period.... using the brakes in a certain way, etc. Would this guidance be in the owners manual?

Is adding the oil catchers you mention effect the factory warranty in any way? Is this needed for a street car? What happens if you don't have one?

When did you do your first oil change?

thank you!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For sure, there's a car meet in the Home Depot in Kemah every saturday, it starts around 5pm, there will b more gt350s there.
    MRXC likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We have family pics planned for Sat, and I don’t know the timing; need to check with my wife. Will PM my phone number to you, so in case I can go we can meet up.
    Last edited by MRXC; 12-27-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeFan View Post

I am sorry if parts of this tread has already been covered elsewhere, but as a "newbie", my 2019 will be arriving shortly and I am learning

I am not familiar about the break in period.... using the brakes in a certain way, etc. Would this guidance be in the owners manual?

Is adding the oil catchers you mention effect the factory warranty in any way? Is this needed for a street car? What happens if you don't have one?

thank you!!!!
    Congrats!
    The catch cans are actually suggested in the GT350 manual for track use, so won’t affect your warranty.
    The Brembo brake-in is doing 30 slow-downs from 60 mph to 30 mph with moderate brake pressure (i.e. not a panic stop, but not a Sunday cruise stop either), allowing half a mile of cool-down time between each slowing instance, so as to thermally mature the pads and place a coating of pad material in the discs without thermal shock.
    Haven’t done 1st oil change yet; will do at 1000 mi after motor break-in is complete.

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice Surprise! Great looking car, love the color combo! Congrats and best of luck. Should be an awesome ride.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeFan View Post

thank you!!!!
    At the very least put the passenger side catch can on.

First oil change at 1000 miles is a good call.

You asked what happens without catch cans - these pics are at 2000 miles after first oil change and after 4000 miles - all that oil would go right back into your intake system.

I had my FP Oil-Air Separators ordered and waiting in my garage when I got home from the dealership - they went on at 200 miles.

Name:  Oil Caught.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  329.8 KB
    2019 GT350 - Finally arrived!
    2014 Mustang GT - Great car! Hard to see her go!
    1965 Mustang Fastback - Wish I still had it!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pic #3 on the original post shows a cobra emblem projected onto the floor, where is that coming from?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nicosuave1 View Post
    Pic #3 on the original post shows a cobra emblem projected onto the floor, where is that coming from?
    Those are the puddle lamps they started in 2019 with the Tech Package.
    2019 GT350 - Finally arrived!
    2014 Mustang GT - Great car! Hard to see her go!
    1965 Mustang Fastback - Wish I still had it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors