Having a blast at Virginia International Raceway with Audi Club (Potomac)
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on Having a blast at Virginia International Raceway with Audi Club (Potomac) within the Mustang GT350 Photos/Videos forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Hello all, please view a few of my track videos at Virginia International Raceway (VIR) running with the Potomac district Audi Club. All videos prior ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Dr. IDO VUDU
  • 1 Post By Dr. IDO VUDU

Thread: Having a blast at Virginia International Raceway with Audi Club (Potomac)

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hello all, please view a few of my track videos at Virginia International Raceway (VIR) running with the Potomac district Audi Club. All videos prior to the Audi videos are with stock GT350 (2017). Videos with Audi Club (Nov. 9-10th) in the title are with SVE R350 wheels, Michelin Cup 2s (305/30 front, 315/30 rear), and the beloved Ford Performance Springs. If you have ever wondered whether or not to get these springs, the answer is YES! But only if you are going to track your car. There is notable stiffness and handling gains and of course the benefit of lower center of gravity. There is a significant reduction in nose dive during hard braking which can translate to better contact patch of the tires. Considering that, you should likely upgrade your tires over the stock PSS, you will appreciate the added grip and subsequent safety!

Please like my page if you have an account and feel free to ask questions...

Enjoy!

Matt

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    uffff very good friend, show us more of how that was, I imagine the adrenaline at that moment, I follow a web page that shows me all the images and videos of that and it looks very brutal, I would like to go someday

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. IDO VUDU View Post
    Hello all, please view a few of my track videos at Virginia International Raceway (VIR) running with the Potomac district Audi Club. All videos prior to the Audi videos are with stock GT350 (2017). Videos with Audi Club (Nov. 9-10th) in the title are with SVE R350 wheels, Michelin Cup 2s (305/30 front, 315/30 rear), and the beloved Ford Performance Springs. If you have ever wondered whether or not to get these springs, the answer is YES! But only if you are going to track your car. There is notable stiffness and handling gains and of course the benefit of lower center of gravity. There is a significant reduction in nose dive during hard braking which can translate to better contact patch of the tires. Considering that, you should likely upgrade your tires over the stock PSS, you will appreciate the added grip and subsequent safety!

Please like my page if you have an account and feel free to ask questions...

Enjoy!

Matt
    I've raced there a few times in recent years, but it's been a while since I did a DE at VIR. Super fun track!

13's is hustling in a streetcar. Nice work. Probably got another second or two if you stopped lifting in the esses Nice driving!
    2019 GT350R (white/blue stripes)
    1985 Porsche 911 (street)
    1979 Porsche 911 (race)

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Agreed, I can't find my personal comfort in the esses just yet but much better than before. Would have had another second or two if that Mini Cooper wasn't present at the end of the back straight. I return July 4th weekend with ChinTrackDays and hope to break 150 on the straight and gain more confidence in the esses. First and foremost, bringing the car home the way I took it down is top priority.
    meateater5.2 likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Most certainly. That is a big boy track with big consequences. Have fun, but give yourself some margins for the unexpected.

I've had two not so fun incidents there...

I totaled a Spec E30 race car in the tire wall at the entrance to the esses after a car popped their motor, dumped oil all over the track, and the flagger sat there picking his nose instead of throwing a waving debris flag. Frankly, they should have just shut the session down it was so bad instead of me forcing them to after I got buried in a tire wall LOL

The second time I tagged by another car who was in a faster class who made a foolish pass that didn't improve his class position. Took a trip to the wall on that one too.

Maybe try just holding one third throttle all the way up, see how it feels, and work from there? There's much time to make if you can keep the steam up as it's a "straight away", sort of It does get froggy at the top for that last right before you setup for the hard left down the hill. I've had some code brown moments there...
    2019 GT350R (white/blue stripes)
    1985 Porsche 911 (street)
    1979 Porsche 911 (race)

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well said. Did VIR for the first time recently with rezoom. I too never felt near 100% comfortable with the uphill esses. My goal was always to be near 125 at the entrance and only lose 10-15 or so going through. Managed that a few times but it never felt smooth, mostly just a bit crazy. Just a lot of weight to throw around at such high speeds.
    That section clearly requires a great deal of precision, which pretty much sums up VIR as a whole. It’s Sebring except with major elevation changes to always consider.
    That being said, can’t wait to go back.

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice footage. Just completed a track day at Brainerd International in Northern MN. Love this car on the track!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hey gang, had another event at VIR July 4-5th with ChinTrackDays.com. Dropped another two seconds from my lap time but with traffic, so much improvement and carrying 100+ in, through, and out of the upper esses. Here is a video for your viewing pleasure. Skip to ~7 minutes in for that session hot lap.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors