What's your chosen tint level? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

What's your chosen tint level?

This is a discussion on What's your chosen tint level? within the Mustang GT350 Photos/Videos forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Originally Posted by Dr. IDO VUDU Hello Shelby friends! I am ready to get my Magnetic ride tinted. Here in Virginia, we cannot legally go ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What's your chosen tint level?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. IDO VUDU View Post
    Hello Shelby friends! I am ready to get my Magnetic ride tinted. Here in Virginia, we cannot legally go darker than 35%, which is okay with me as I am not particularly a fan of the darker 20%. I'm fearful that 35% may also be too dark so I am thinking 50%. My salesman is suggesting that I go 35% on the rear window and do the sides 50% as the added reduction in rear window lighting will make the 50% look darker on the sides with the black interior. Please share you thoughts, opinions, experiences, and of course photos with details on the tinting level.

Oh, one more thing. My salesman mentioned that due to the rear window having the defroster lines palpable on the inside, that tinting the rear window darker will help hide the imperfections and possibility of premature bubbling as the defroster lines are not flush or within the glass. He stated that he would have to manually use a razor blade to cut along the lines. Is this true/normal?

Please and thank you!
    Dr. IDO VUDU
    I used Photosync tint. It changes tint levels based on the outside conditions. Because my car is black the tint tends to look darker as the black seems to add to the tint color. It's especially helpful at night with it being lighter to see better in the dark. When the sun is out it's darker. I also have it on the front window. It helps with glare and protects the interior dash that is exposed to sunlight.

35% is the legal limit here too. When I was younger I had a black car that I went way below legal. Looked really cool but I did actually have a cop pull me over once and slap a device on my window to measure the tint and then gave me a nice fat ticket.
    extrachrispy and ringmaster like this.
    2020 Shadow Black, Carbon Fiber Dash, Technology Pkg., Handling Pkg.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I went with 20 all the way around on my Magnetic. Highly recommend 35 on the doors. I can't see squat at night...lol.

Oh, and it's illegal to go darker than 35% here too, but so far so good. Retired military plates may be helping me, I dunno.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got a high end ceramic tint with a lifetime warranty. The installer said that the warranty will be much easier to enforce if the tint level is legal. An installer may allow you to put an illegal tint on your car, but the manufacturer may not be willing to pay to fix an illegal tint.
    2003 Mustang Cobra (600 hp, modified for road course)
    2018 GT350 (stock)

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    We have limits too, but this is as dark as Nebraska doesn't allow - has anyone tinted the lights or lens yet?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Fast Fun & Ford - 2018 Shelby GT350R with 875 Whipple tuned to 903hp

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure I have 20% on the back and rear seat windows. 35% on the front seat windows. I have zero issues driving at night.

I too am in VA and have had no issues with the cops. I'm back/forth to DC for work and pass half a dozen state troopers daily.

Good luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors