Mustang GT350 or Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat? - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Mustang GT350 or Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat?

This is a discussion on Mustang GT350 or Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat? within the Mustang GT350 vs The Competition forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Just have a Roush supercharger installed in your GT350, than it will scare the Hell out of a Hellcat owner that pulls up next to ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Mustang GT350 or Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just have a Roush supercharger installed in your GT350, than it will scare the Hell out of a Hellcat owner that pulls up next to you..

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigblockCobra View Post
    Just have a Roush supercharger installed in your GT350, than it will scare the Hell out of a Hellcat owner that pulls up next to you..
    Pretty positive they don't make one for the gt350.
    However there is always the Whipple. Lol
    * 2016 Charger Hellcat *

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Your right, I didn't know that they didn't make a supercharger for the 5.2L engine. Like you said there is a Whipple supercharger. I know that Procharger and a couple of other companies make superchargers for it also.

There is a local black 2016 GT Premium 5.0 Mustang with a Roush supercharger that I saw smoke a modified 2015 Hellcat Challenger.

I actually like the Challengers, I almost purchased a 2015 Hellcat about a month ago. I am probably going to buy a 2010 GT 500 with a Eaton Supercharger.
    Last edited by BigblockCobra; 08-07-2018 at 08:30 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Your right, I didn't know that they didn't make a supercharger for the 5.2L engine. Like you said there is a Whipple supercharger. I know that Procharger and a couple of other companies make superchargers for it also.

There is a local black 2016 GT Premium 5.0 Mustang with a Roush supercharger that I saw smoke a modified 2015 Hellcat Challenger.

I actually like the Challengers, I almost purchased a 2015 Hellcat about a month ago. I am probably going to buy a 2010 GT 500 with a Eaton Supercharger.
    I had a 2010 and 2012 GT500 loved both those cars but I'm a person who likes the new tec in the new cars so no more pre 2016 stuff. Thats just me, everyone likes what they like, however if I can make a suggestion.
    If I were you I would go with a 2011 or 2012 model. 100 pounds lighter in the front with the aluminum block and those years were just a better balanced car cause of it. Enjoy man!!

And that modified hellcat got beat cause horsepower of the two cars were very close I assume but the stang is about 6-7 hundred pounds lighter. So it's common sense.
    My hellcat is a straight line awesome beast as many others are but she is still a fat pig, lol 😂
    Last edited by HELLFIRE; 08-08-2018 at 08:14 AM.
    * 2016 Charger Hellcat *

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hellcat versus GT350 is a real conundrum. I was about to purchase a 2017 Hellcat Challenger from a private party but changed my mind and purchased a new 2018 GT350 instead. This is my first Ford since 1978 when I purchased a 1972 Ford Pantera....what a totally awesome hot rod that was. Between 1972 and 1996 I always owned at least one Corvette including big blocks, high revving LT-1s, ZR-1's, etc. In 1996 I purchased my first Viper and spent 10 years road-racing Vipers coast to coast, including the non street-legal factory race Viper known as the Competition Coupe. The Viper turned me into a road racer and a Mopar enthusiast, hence my interest in the Hellcat. The thought of over 700 HP in a brand new factory warrantied car is compelling and I believe the way to go if you are a straight-line 1/4 mile enthusiast is the new wide body Red Eye Hellcat ("Wide Eye") featuring 797 HP on pump gas. The thought of a 4,300 pound car on a road course is a non-starter for road race enthusiasts. I think the proper Mopar/Ford streetcar comparison is the Viper versus the GT 350. Anyway, I wanted a brand new experience altogether and that's why I am now Viper-less and have a GT 350 in my garage. Looking forward to participating in the GT 350 community.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I picked a 2010 GT500 because it looks more like my 1967 Mustangs, it can handle pretty well and with some modifications it can be a Ford Mustang version of the 2015 Hellcat Challenger I almost purchased.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I picked a 2010 GT500 because it looks more like my 1967 Mustangs, it can handle pretty well and with some modifications it can be a Ford Mustang version of the 2015 Hellcat Challenger I almost purchased.
    You do know the 2011 & 2012 look the exact same as the 2010 correct?
    Anyways good luck with it!
    * 2016 Charger Hellcat *

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I own both, they're wonderful cars but very different. The Hellcat is wonderful for crushing highway miles and can handle full a track day without overheating. The weight cannot be overlooked going around corners.

Hellcat - nicer interior
    Ford - better seats (for track)
    Ford - better manual
    Hellcat - insane power in any gear
    Ford - better sounding

One isn't better then the other. They're both amazing cars for what they're focusing on.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't see much in common between the 350 and the Mopar. It's apples and oranges. The Hellcat / Demon is awesome and it blows my mind that you can buy a vehicle like this. The GT350 is a whole nother thing. Do you want to cruise and drag race? Do you want to pound the road courses and back roads? If you can, buy both and drive each in it's realm. Life will be good.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob-2 View Post
    I own both, they're wonderful cars but very different. The Hellcat is wonderful for crushing highway miles and can handle full a track day without overheating. The weight cannot be overlooked going around corners.

Hellcat - nicer interior
    Ford - better seats (for track)
    Ford - better manual
    Hellcat - insane power in any gear
    Ford - better sounding

One isn't better then the other. They're both amazing cars for what they're focusing on.
    You forgot to put this in the mix of those two.....

ZL1 - nicer interior
    ZL1 - better seats
    ZL1 - better manual
    ZL1 - better insane power in every gear (especially manual)
    ZL1 - faster then hellcat
    ZL1 - handling of a 350R
    FORD - is still the best sounding

I Loved my hellcats when I had them and now my Shelby but true it is.
    * 2016 Charger Hellcat *

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors