Mustang GT350 or Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Mustang GT350 or Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat?

This is a discussion on Mustang GT350 or Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat? within the Mustang GT350 vs The Competition forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; I was just minding my own business in the city and he caught up to me. At a stoplight we decided randomly to go find ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Mustang GT350 or Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was just minding my own business in the city and he caught up to me. At a stoplight we decided randomly to go find a safer road to play on. We had a blast and ended up about 45min away from town. Lol

I asked him if he saw me driving and he said "I was on my way to pick up my kids from daycare and heard you."

He had about 30 mins to pick them up when we took pictures.

Name:  IMG_0086.JPG
Views: 4723
Size:  2.43 MB
    TerryG likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While I've always been more of a drag racer than a road racer, I really didn't give the Hellcat any consideration prior to buying by 350. Yes, it is big on power, but none of the rest of the car interested me. I recently took a 30-day trip to New Zealand and Australia, and the only two things I missed while Down Under were driving my 350 and my own coffee! It is just an all-around excellent car! I have a great Lexus but drive my 350 everywhere unless I am hauling something, it is raining, or I'm bound for a tight parking lot. Having had straight-line cars in the past and never having had a road racer, I am in love with driving this thing. Also, I think it looks about 3x better than the Hellcat and about 2x better than the Camero.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They are two entirely different cars. If you want to drag race, the Hellcat is a good choice IF you can find a way to get it to hook up so you can get the power down. It won't perform on a road course. The GT350 is great on a road course, but only so so at drag racing. If you want to do both, and don't have the budget for a mid six figure car, look at the Z06 Corvette.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FastEddie9 View Post
    They are two entirely different cars. If you want to drag race, the Hellcat is a good choice IF you can find a way to get it to hook up so you can get the power down. It won't perform on a road course. The GT350 is great on a road course, but only so so at drag racing. If you want to do both, and don't have the budget for a mid six figure car, look at the Z06 Corvette.
    Was about to make a comment and after reading yours didnt need to. You said it all for me !

After trading my 07 GT500 with 664 rwhp and having a straight line go fast car and getting the GT350, there is no comparison how much better the GT350 is.

And yes, the Dodge and Ford where built for two different reasons

don
    FastEddie9 likes this.
    past rides:

17GT350 SOLD 01/29/2018
    07GT500 SOLD 11/03/2016 664 rwhp
    15 SHO SOLD 05/01/2016 stock
    13 BOSS 302 SOLD 04/01/2015 stock
    07/GT500 SOLD 10/01/2010 553 rwhp

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Straight line the Hellcat cirb stomps the GT350. Throw in a couple curves, and the Hellcat is in big trouble. That much power is only good if the the tires, and the chassis is up to the task.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    GT350 all the way ...

don
    past rides:

17GT350 SOLD 01/29/2018
    07GT500 SOLD 11/03/2016 664 rwhp
    15 SHO SOLD 05/01/2016 stock
    13 BOSS 302 SOLD 04/01/2015 stock
    07/GT500 SOLD 10/01/2010 553 rwhp

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hey guys this is my first post. Was going to start in the introductory section, however this topic immediately caught my interest.
    I currently have a 2016 hellcat charger and recently fell in love with the 2018 gt350. I test drove one the other day for the first time and it was instant love. Never been in a car so invigorating.
    Anyways I posted here first because I wanted to comment on the compassion of these two beasts.
    I truly love my hellcat, it's a straight line beast and doesn't handle all that bad either for a 4500 pound fatty either. Lol...
    The gt350 while having about 180 horsepower less really didn't feel that much less powerful. Sure the weight difference had something to do with it. Holy shit though what a drivers car the 350 is. I have never been in such an ultimate driving machine as far as driving experience. Total bliss and gratification. Wow the way it handles, like a train on tracks. The sound is pure sex, the hellcat sounds truly amazing too (after market intake , supercharger amplified 10×)
    But it's a different kind of amazing. Hellcat has a mix of deep throaty with a nice explosion of whine, which is awesome obviously but the gt350 sounds like straight muscle car bad ass that demands attention as well (overly in love with it.)
    The hellcat while awesome is an automatic, nothing wrong with auto's as they are faster but not a drivers car, more like a put it in gear and hold on for dear life 😂....
    I've owned many cars, 11 of them being mustangs and I never thought I would drive a mustang that would blow my mind like the way the gt350 has. The clutch, the transmission, the way it shifts, the 8250 redline ...holy shit is it awesome. Did I mention that redline (my God !!!!)...
    Sure you loose out on gobs of low end torque cause of the flat plank but to me it's not all that missed. To tell you the truth my hellcat doesn't really get into significant boost and torque till 3000 plus rpm anyways. The 350 power band isn't much different being what at 4k plus or so ???...Nevertheless I love the car madly and will be purchasing one next spring. Not sure if I will get a brand new 2019 with the new changes (subtle in my opinion ) or a left over 2018. More then likely I will get the 2018 because I'll be able to save at least a few thousand off msrp and I really love the lead foot grey with black stripes which will not carry on to Model year 2019.
    Well either way I will have one soon. Now the wait will literally kill me.

To sum it up though the hellcat and the gt350 are awesome awesome cars but like mentioned in this thread just different animals , depends what your goals are and what you want from your machine.
    As much as I love my hellcat, the true driver in me urns to drive again and the sure winner of the drivers car is the awesome awesome benchmark unicorn mustang gt350.

Look forward to being a member here and learning from you veterans on these cars... Enjoy!!!!
    * 2016 Charger Hellcat *

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Hellcat does have power, heck you can buy a based SC Mustang GT from LFP with around 700 HP for about 40K. For me it was a really tough choice between the ZL1 and the 350, the Hellcat wasn't even in considerations although I love all muscle/sport cars. Looking back at the choice, I am glad I chose the 350. This voodoo sound is just.....orgasmic.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do you want a straight line rocket ship or a driver's car for road courses and winding roads? The Hellcat is the former; the 350 is the latter.
    2018 GT350, Ruby Red w/black stripe, conv. pkg.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    W-O-W, this was really a real thread!! LOL :-P

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors