Two plate state - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Two plate state

This is a discussion on Two plate state within the Mustang GT350 Accessories forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; I too have Craig's custom plate. It is a great product and is easy to remove for shows and track. Only negative comment I have ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Two plate state

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I too have Craig's custom plate. It is a great product and is easy to remove for shows and track. Only negative comment I have is the poor adhesive quality of the 3M double sided tape that came with it. I had to replace twice (adhesive only) after observing my plate dangling - good thing I noticed before driving both times. I ended up scoring the mounting bracket and underside of my bumper to promote bonding of the Gorilla brand adhesive and I started using the 30# Gorilla two-side adhesive tape which has proven to last much longer than the 3M but same issue continues to occur. I can't win. I am about to quit mounting my front plate and just risk a ticket in VA.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After two tickets for no front plate in California (that was all they could find wrong) I created my own solution. Cut the excess off of the plate, shaped it a little bit and made a mounting bracket to tuck it over on the edge. Tried not to block air flow
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have the Craig's custom mount also, put it on when the car was new and cleaned the surface as discussed, never had it come loose or fall off in 4 years. once you take the plate off you would never know it is there and it doesn't interfere with ground clearance. I will keep an eye out for any adhesive issues.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for all the advise. Since my husband is a county official and I’m a teacher, I don’t want to risk being pulled over and need to set a good example. I’m tired of people assuming my car is my husband’s so I ordered some personalized plates to make sure no one thinks it belongs to him again. Lol

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dr13900 View Post
    Try Craig's Custom. Their website is ccmustangbrackets.com. I have and and it is great
    I'm with the dr on this one ... Craig's has a great set up!!

Name:  IMG_2593.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  1.59 MB
    Peace out,
    Eric The MadMan
    North County, San Diego
    2018 XXX Yellow; stripe delete; black roof; convenience package

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors