2019- 2020 GT350 Wheels
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

2019- 2020 GT350 Wheels

This is a discussion on 2019- 2020 GT350 Wheels within the Mustang GT350 Accessories forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; I am the proud owner of a 2020 GT350 and got to say amazing vehicle. I recently encountered some really bad road conditions at speed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019- 2020 GT350 Wheels

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2019- 2020 GT350 Wheels

I am the proud owner of a 2020 GT350 and got to say amazing vehicle. I recently encountered some really bad road conditions at speed and it damaged 3 of my 4 rims. My Ford dealer is trying to locate some but suggested I look online.

I want to take the car to some tracks but I can't in good conscious with bent wheels. They don't vibrate but look like shit and I want replacements. The car has 4000 miles on it so I drive it but I didn't expect to have this issue.

So, I joined this forum as I unfortunately am trying to solve my rim issue rims. I am not really experienced with forums but one of my colleagues advised me to join one of these forums as there is a lot of good help good people and information available.

I have been looking for a set of Stock 2019-2020 GT350 Rims. As I am sure everyone is aware they are different then the 2018 and pror. The rear two rims on my car (19x11) are the main damage and I am trying to replace them. I am taking my front rim to be repaired or attempt to be repaired.

Since I like the stock wheels so I am trying to stick with them.

I can find a set of 2018 rims but I want 2019-2020 stock GT350 wheels.

Please reach out if you have a set to sell or know where I can find them.

Thanks
    Mike

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Follow up Update for informational purposes

My dealer manager who actually ordered and sold me my car, called me and said the guy who was looking is newer and didn't search properly.

So...

Rear Wheels 790.40 ea list 595.96 cost plus 50.00 core since my wheels are cracked.
    Front Wheel 1300.00 ea list 929 cost plus core This seems ridiculous but thankfully I don't have to order the fronts as well.

I am getting the one front repaired and ordered the two rears I need and hopefully saga over.

MJ

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've always been amazed at how good the wheel repair services are so chances are they'll be able to fix yours. However if they have to weld it or in any other way remove the heat treating I'd just use them for street only and not the track.

An alternative to the factory wheels are the Shelby CS21's. I have a set for my autox tires. They are the same size and offset as the factory wheels, a little lighter and they're forged. I think they look better although the stock wheels look great also. You can find CS21's at several suppliers, I bought mine from American Muscle.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was looking at those and truthfully I am just happy the way the car looks stock. I have several Mustangs of various years and set up for various type of driving and I just love this thing the way it is!

But the CS21's with my preference being the tinted ones are really nice looking so maybe one day i'll stop being stubborn... Ideally two set of stock wheels is what i'll end up with eventually so I can save these Cup 2's or the next set of Cup 2's for whenever the track days get into the schedule.

The keep canceling all of the autox events out here anyway.

Any suggestions on a set of all season tires for a 2nd set of rims?

I can weld aluminum in house but you are right about the heat and cracking. I am still going to try and procure a 2nd set. I have a lead on some take offs but we'll see.

Luckily no crack on the front wheel like the rears just a little flat spot the wheel guy said no problemo and is hooking me up for referrals i send him.

All this because Flood waters lifted a piece of asphalt on a nice run of road I usually drive down at 80 and where the water runs across it looks like a little stream about an inch or so wide and this time it was a ledge just over an inch tall.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fiveliterdriver: I have a 2019 GT350. I also drive it during winter months when the roads are clear/salt free. I wasn't about to drive during the winter with the summer only Michelin Cup 2's that came on the car. I did a ton of research on what all season tire would be best for traction, dry or wet, and not effect the speedometer accuracy to any noticeable degree. Last fall I had these put on: Front-Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 - 275/40/19. Rear- Michelin Pilot Sport A/S plus N spec. 285/40/19. My decision was predicated on Ford Performance guidance and a friend that owns a large tire store and specializes in providing racing tires for local SCCA drivers. Surprisingly the rear, all season, 285/40/19 were just as wide as the stock 305/35/19 Cup's that came on the car! After driving the car all last winter, I was extremely pleased with their performance, adhesion in corners, and wet weather adhesion. They are not quite as sticky in hard cornering as the summer Cup 2's but the Cup 2's also have a softer rubber compound. I pushed it quite hard through corners during the winter and once they take a set, they are there for the duration of the apex. The speedo accuracy is only off by 1mph, due to the 40 series size. The 40 series also give you just a tad more sidewall forgiveness so you protect the wheels when you hit the inevitable winter pot holes or pavement imperfections. The difference between the 35 series and 40 is negligible. The all seasons are also very good on wet pavement. This Spring I bought a set of OEM wheels and mounted the Cup 2's so when winter comes next fall I'll just switch over to the A/S tires and wheels and I'm golden. I'm really pleased with the All Season Michelins.
    Last edited by 03reptile; 07-24-2020 at 07:20 AM.

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 03reptile View Post
    Fiveliterdriver: I have a 2019 GT350. I also drive it during winter months when the roads are clear/salt free. I wasn't about to drive during the winter with the summer only Michelin Cup 2's that came on the car. I did a ton of research on what all season tire would be best for traction, dry or wet, and not effect the speedometer accuracy to any noticeable degree. Last fall I had these put on: Front-Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 - 275/40/19. Rear- Michelin Pilot Sport A/S plus N spec. 285/40/19. My decision was predicated on Ford Performance guidance and a friend that owns a large tire store and specializes in providing racing tires for local SCCA drivers. Surprisingly the rear, all season, 285/40/19 were just as wide as the stock 305/35/19 Cup's that came on the car! After driving the car all last winter, I was extremely pleased with their performance, adhesion in corners, and wet weather adhesion. They are not quite as sticky in hard cornering as the summer Cup 2's but the Cup 2's also have a softer rubber compound. I pushed it quite hard through corners during the winter and once they take a set, they are there for the duration of the apex. The speedo accuracy is only off by 1mph, due to the 40 series size. The 40 series also give you just a tad more sidewall forgiveness so you protect the wheels when you hit the inevitable winter pot holes or pavement imperfections. The difference between the 35 series and 40 is negligible. The all seasons are also very good on wet pavement. This Spring I bought a set of OEM wheels and mounted the Cup 2's so when winter comes next fall I'll just switch over to the A/S tires and wheels and I'm golden. I'm really pleased with the All Season Michelins.

Thanks for the information.

I have been debating between the A/S 3 and the continental extreme contact DWS. We have the extreme DWS on my wifes Explorer sport and love them. Also I have them on a supercharged focus I was rally crossing and they have done amazing.

Since no SCCA racing this season so far I did not buy my yearly A7's so plenty of budget to get A/S 3's

Do you have a different version front and rear. One you mentioned an A/S Plus N spec and one a/s 3?

We have a local place also that sells me performance tires and to SCCA drivers. Ever heard of Radial tire co?

Anyway, I just haven't ordered because I have not made up my mind on what I want and still waiting for rims. Cup 2's love the warm roads as it is.

Did you purchase 19'/20' GT350 rims or 18' and earlier? Where did you find them?

Thanks again for the info

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 03reptile View Post

After getting a little time so look into the Michelin A/S 3's I note that on the Michelin web site the Pilot Sport A/S 3 is not available in the 285 40 19 you mention.

Could you verify the size recommendation you made again please.

The largest they show 19 they list is the 285 35 19... so is it possible you meant 35 series instead of a 40 series? They do list the 275 40 19 like you mentioned for the front.

Thanks

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=fiveliterdriver;58128]Thanks for the information.

I have been debating between the A/S 3 and the continental extreme contact DWS. We have the extreme DWS on my wifes Explorer sport and love them. Also I have them on a supercharged focus I was rally crossing and they have done amazing.

Since no SCCA racing this season so far I did not buy my yearly A7's so plenty of budget to get A/S 3's

Do you have a different version front and rear. One you mentioned an A/S Plus N spec and one a/s 3?

We have a local place also that sells me performance tires and to SCCA drivers. Ever heard of Radial tire co?

Anyway, I just haven't ordered because I have not made up my mind on what I want and still waiting for rims. Cup 2's love the warm roads as it is.

Did you purchase 19'/20' GT350 rims or 18' and earlier? Where did you find them?

Thanks again for the info
    If that's the Radial Tire Company in Silver Spring, Md. then we're talking about the same company! I've known Paul for years and he's the driving force for my choice. He suggested the A/S plus N spec. for the rears. They are made by Michelin for the Porsche Panamera and run a little wider. The tread design is slightly different than the front A/S 3's up front which is usually a big No No! in the tire business; however, I have only noticed a very slight "step out" of them in a hard corner where the front Standard A/S 3's seem to take a set a little sooner. I'm not sure whether its the tread design difference or the rears being under power. Either way, it's not been an issue, and they catch and hold after that almost imperceptible step out. Paul also told me they would do that, but said I'd be fine. In reference to your second question, we had the same conundrum. Yes, the A/S 3's don't come in the 285/40/19's. So it was Paul's opinion that I'd be better off with the N spec on the rears and bumping up front and backs to 40 series. Here in Mont. Co Md. the roads are pretty crappy in the upper county, so the added give with a 40 series helps to save the rims. I also have had three past sets of the Continental DSW's on my other cars, and like you, I loved them!
    Last edited by 03reptile; 08-01-2020 at 06:04 AM.

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am also talking about Radial Tire in Silver Spring.

Known Paul for many years as well as have been buying performance tires from him more then whole 10 plus years I have been in business

I have their large stickers on my 89 LX Autocross car. Small world.....I am born raised work and reside here in Montgomery County Md. and the roads are in need of attention for sure.

I don't want mismatched tread personally so i will go a different route.

Plus I hear the 275 40 can be used as a spare front or rear when on a front rim. Would be nice to have one to drag along in the event a Cup 2 goes down.

Might just run the 285 35 19 in the rear regarding the A/S 3 and the 275 35 19 in the front.

How do you feel about the 275 40 19 in the front as far as width on the rim?

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S has some nice sizes. 295 35 19 in rear. 27.1 meter 275 40 19 27.7 so both within an inch of the stock overall diameter.

I think this is what I will go with but still waiting for the rear rims anyway....

I'll talk with Paul this week.

What OEM rims did you pick up and where did you get them?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Small world, indeed! Paul is a nice guy and a wealth of knowledge! The 275/40/19 are just fine up front and I have no issues with the way they track or perform. The Cup 2's i have on now are fine, albeit, I have to deal with the inherent tramlining propensities with these tires. I bought a set of OEM wheels (non R) from my dealership so they're the exact same wheel that came on the car. My dealership gave me a reasonable price and I also purchased the the Ford TPM sensors as well. I was fortunate, and sensors paired right up with the car's computer so no issues there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors