GT 350 Car Cover
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

GT 350 Car Cover

This is a discussion on GT 350 Car Cover within the Mustang GT350 Accessories forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Hey guys, I am just curious if any of you purchased the factory add-on car cover. Is it simply a dust cover or does it ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: GT 350 Car Cover

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Question GT 350 Car Cover

Hey guys, I am just curious if any of you purchased the factory add-on car cover. Is it simply a dust cover or does it provide weather protection? My garage is not yet complete and my ride is sitting out in the weather which kills me. If you have recommendations for a weather cover please share.

Thanks!
    Doc

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My $0.02....I have it and love it. No, I would not use it outside. Main reason? I know you guys don't know me from Adam, but I would consider myself an above average detailer. I have that eye for perfect paint and finding and fixing defects and such. Detailing is my 'thing'. I've been using the cover for several months now and with all the on-and-off, I have yet to find any marring or light scratching from it. However, I would not risk it flapping in any kind of wind. While the material has been great and will keep dust and maybe even light rain off the surface, I don't think it would fare as well in a full time outdoor environment. Any constant flapping around and I think you would start to see some light marring/swirling/scratching of the paint. There are better covers available for full time outdoor duty.
    Last edited by galaxy; 11-05-2018 at 09:00 AM.
    johnny1 likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I second Galaxy’s thoughts. I’ll be using it more now that winters approaching. It’s light and easy to put on and take off. Perfect fit.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Mark

2018 Mag Met Grey Black Roof No Stripes Convenience Package

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Agree the cover that comes with car works great as long as its either inside or in my case a carport. I used one on the 16 I had and now with the 17 I have and never any rubbing or scratching of paint. I do run a dustbuster over it every time before removing it so its not holding any grit when put back on even though that should be on the outside of cover.

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I did not receive a cover... did the dealer supply it or did it come with the welcome kit?

I bought the CarsCover ultrashield black cover. Its fleeced lined and made to be outside (feels sturdy and like it would hold up well outside)
    2018 GT 350 1814
    1971 GMC C15

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    143 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have this same cover, and love it.

Can't remember where I ordered it from but it wasn't through Ford and I didn't think was a Ford product, thought it was aftermarket..
    here's the link to the cover on eBay for anyone looking for it: https://www.ebay.com/p/2016-2017-201...1268068&chn=ps
    Last edited by racer172; 11-05-2018 at 07:00 PM.
    2017 GT350 - Shadow Black / White Stripes

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1814gt350 View Post
    I did not receive a cover... did the dealer supply it or did it come with the welcome kit?

I bought the CarsCover ultrashield black cover. Its fleeced lined and made to be outside (feels sturdy and like it would hold up well outside)
    On my 2017 Canadian specification GT350, the car cover was listed on the window sticker under "Optional Equipment/Other" as "Full Veh Cov *Dlr-Instld-Accy", $475.00. So it was an option.

Tim

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    On both the 16 and the 17 I have now it was also listed as optional equipment but it was in a box in the trunk with both cars (of course was added to sticker price of car)

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by T-88 View Post
    On my 2017 Canadian specification GT350, the car cover was listed on the window sticker under "Optional Equipment/Other" as "Full Veh Cov *Dlr-Instld-Accy", $475.00. So it was an option.

Tim
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny1 View Post
    On both the 16 and the 17 I have now it was also listed as optional equipment but it was in a box in the trunk with both cars (of course was added to sticker price of car)
    Yup! I think for some reason the option is added to the sticker during production but then the dealer has them and throws it in the back when it gets there.

Also, this factory cover is a CoverCraft. It's one of their normal covers they make for Ford for this car (stripes, etc). There's been more than one person on the forums that decided to forego the factory cover only to order a CoverCraft cover and end up with the same dang cover! Minus the bad ass stripes/labes obviously.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It is a very well fitted cover and looks great. However, it will not keep the dust out. I live in a somewhat dirty environment, but the car stays in the garage. I decided to try out the cover after doing a full clean because it was going to sit for a few weeks. 3 weeks later I pulled the cover off only to find it dirtier than before I cleaned it weeks earlier - Not just around the lower areas but the roof, glass, hood, and trunk had an even layer. Frustrated to say the least - The cover hasn't come out of the trunk since. Just thought I'd share.

I'm glad to hear people are having luck with them though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors