GT 350 Car Cover - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

GT 350 Car Cover

This is a discussion on GT 350 Car Cover within the Mustang GT350 Accessories forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Odd mine is in a carport so was my 16 before I got the 17 and I've never had dust collect under it. And yours ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: GT 350 Car Cover

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Odd mine is in a carport so was my 16 before I got the 17 and I've never had dust collect under it. And yours being in a garage I would think would be even more less likely. My 17 is white/blue so obviously show dust less But my 16 was blue/black and it didn't show dust either.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J240Z View Post
    It is a very well fitted cover and looks great. However, it will not keep the dust out. I live in a somewhat dirty environment, but the car stays in the garage. I decided to try out the cover after doing a full clean because it was going to sit for a few weeks. 3 weeks later I pulled the cover off only to find it dirtier than before I cleaned it weeks earlier - Not just around the lower areas but the roof, glass, hood, and trunk had an even layer. Frustrated to say the least - The cover hasn't come out of the trunk since. Just thought I'd share.

I'm glad to hear people are having luck with them though.
    I’m thinking your self disclosed living in a dirty area is a factor and dust is blowing up from underneath. Has to be, because nothing is permeating through the cover. Certainly not that much dust/dirt. Surprising though, cause it does fit great and certainly snug around the bottom.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Surprising though, cause it does fit great and certainly snug around the bottom"

That's what I had a hard time wrapping my head around - Pun intended

We'll see how the car capsule works.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. IDO VUDU View Post
    Hey guys, I am just curious if any of you purchased the factory add-on car cover. Is it simply a dust cover or does it provide weather protection? My garage is not yet complete and my ride is sitting out in the weather which kills me. If you have recommendations for a weather cover please share.

Thanks!
    Doc
    I have the cover. I tried it once. The GT350 badges incorporated into the cover are made of some hard plastic material. I personally will not use a cover that drags anything stiff like that over my car while putting it into position. It's sitting in it's bag unused. It might look cool but I'm not risking taking that thing on and off of my car. Good luck.
    2020 Shadow Black, Carbon Fiber Dash, Technology Pkg., Handling Pkg.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Others have commented about the rough feel of the black stripes and badges. But all that I've read that have said that that even though that part feels rough its on the outside of the cover and the cover does not scuff the car what so ever because of that.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    What Johnny said. The material that composes the stripes that creates the stiff feeling material is 100% on the outside. The stripes and such are layered over the other material that creates the cover, such that all of the interior of the cover is the same material, even under the stripes and stiff area. The stiff feeling stripes are not against the paint. This has been mentioned several times and it’s completely unfounded. Trust me, if there were any negatives to this cover as anal and picky as I am about paint quality, I would NOT be using it. The threat to your paint from the stiff stripes is not even a remote risk. The wrinkly noise is more disturbing than anything, but trust me...all bark, no bite.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Car Cover the dealership gave me was just a dust cover, would have scratched my paint job. Threw it in the trash. I use a all weather cotton lined car cover that I have from my former GT 500, weather resistant and keeps my paint job scratch free.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    197 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. IDO VUDU View Post
    Hey guys, I am just curious if any of you purchased the factory add-on car cover. Is it simply a dust cover or does it provide weather protection? My garage is not yet complete and my ride is sitting out in the weather which kills me. If you have recommendations for a weather cover please share.

Thanks!
    Doc
    Yeah my car lived under its factory cover for almost 6 moths till I made room. Good quality cover, pulled off when it rained.
    2017 GT350 - Magnetic Grey - **JTVUDOO**

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Mr .Kim you should have researched on forums about the cover before just throwing it away. You could have easily sold it and made some good money. You paid for it when you bought the car at least you could have gotten that amount back.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kim View Post
    Car Cover the dealership gave me was just a dust cover, would have scratched my paint job. Threw it in the trash. I use a all weather cotton lined car cover that I have from my former GT 500, weather resistant and keeps my paint job scratch free.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny1 View Post
    Mr .Kim you should have researched on forums about the cover before just throwing it away. You could have easily sold it and made some good money. You paid for it when you bought the car at least you could have gotten that amount back.
    Based on his description, I'm tending to think he was not given the proper Shelby car cover that comes with the car as a sticker option. This cover is not just a dust cover and would not have scratched anyone's paint. They must have thrown in some locally acquired cover with the deal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors