ZL1 Universal Jack MagPad
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

ZL1 Universal Jack MagPad

This is a discussion on ZL1 Universal Jack MagPad within the Mustang GT350 Accessories forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Does anyone have any experience with the ZL1 Universal Jack MagPad? I'd like to use it in lieu of jack rails, but am not entirely ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GT_Dave

Thread: ZL1 Universal Jack MagPad

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question ZL1 Universal Jack MagPad

Does anyone have any experience with the ZL1 Universal Jack MagPad? I'd like to use it in lieu of jack rails, but am not entirely sure if it will work as I 'think' it will.

https://zl1addons.com/collections/fo...for-pinch-weld

I'd like to use it in place of jack rails in that I would place it anywhere along the pinch weld as a movable jack point and subsequently put jack stands at the jack stand points instead of jacking the car at the jack points. The only problem is the MagPad is 2'' in length, where other than the factory jack points (where I would be placing the jack stands) the cut outs in the rocker panel along the pinch weld are 1 & 3/4''. Which leads me to believe the MagPad wouldn't quite fit and/or would end up damaging the underside of the rocker panel.

I have jacked the car up at the front jack point and tilted the car over high enough to get a jack stand under the same side rear jack stand point, but it feels weird to me jacking a car from side to side instead of front to back. Maybe its just me..

Cheers,

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    107 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratickus View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with the ZL1 Universal Jack MagPad? I'd like to use it in lieu of jack rails, but am not entirely sure if it will work as I 'think' it will.

I'd like to use it in place of jack rails in that I would place it anywhere along the pinch weld as a movable jack point and subsequently put jack stands at the jack stand points instead of jacking the car at the jack points. The only problem is the MagPad is 2'' in length, where other than the factory jack points (where I would be placing the jack stands) the cut outs in the rocker panel along the pinch weld are 1 & 3/4''. Which leads me to believe the MagPad wouldn't quite fit and/or would end up damaging the underside of the rocker panel.

I have jacked the car up at the front jack point and tilted the car over high enough to get a jack stand under the same side rear jack stand point, but it feels weird to me jacking a car from side to side instead of front to back. Maybe its just me..

Cheers,
    I've never used this pinch-weld pad but I have a couple of others that I've used. The easiest and safest (for the car) way to jack up the whole side of the car is to use jacking rails. The rails are easy to install and you don't have to mess around with the pinch pad every time you need to jack up the car. Just an thought.
    2018 GT350, Orange Fury, black stripes/white accent, Convenience Pkg.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd like to use it in place of jack rails in that I would place it anywhere along the pinch weld as a movable jack point and subsequently put jack stands at the jack stand points instead of jacking the car at the jack points.

Cheers,
    Be Aware that you cannot place jack pads just anywhere along the pinch weld, there are 2 small specific areas on each side that have clearance where the lower runner wraps underneath the car. If you try anywhere else you will damage that panel. That doesn't leave many options to use the pinch weld area. Also, for everyone that has tried all the options to jack up the GT350, the jacking rails are obviously the safest and most convenient option to get the car off the ground. I think the real benefits are every time I clean the car, it is easy to raise one side and it makes it 5X easier to clean the wheels. Whether I take the wheels off the car or leave them on.
    BobSoFine likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been using a ZL1 pad which works great, haven't had any issues. As mentioned it must be used on the specific pinch weld areas but there are arrows molded into the under wrap at those points so hard to screw it up.
    Last edited by s2ms; 10-19-2018 at 11:30 PM.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After I installed the Steeda Jack Rails, I discovered quickly that I should have never bought the ZL1 pads as they get no use.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cheers,
    I use them, they work great. But I also have Steeda Jacking rails which I bought before I knew about the ZL-1's. Turns out it's nice having both. I use the pads for jack stands, oil changes. Then I'll use the rails for quick wheel changes.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoXiDe View Post
    After I installed the Steeda Jack Rails, I discovered quickly that I should have never bought the ZL1 pads as they get no use.
    I had not heard of these rails, but after reading your post, I did a Google search. I think I have some scrap square stock sitting around the shop that I can turn into "Brad Jack Rails". Looks like I have a Saturday morning project now!
    ----------------------------------

Current Car:
    2017 Avalanche Gray GT350

Previous Cars:
    1965 Mustang Conv 1987-2017 Resto-modded in 2012
    1989 Mustang LX5.0 1989-1994
    2014 Mustang GT, traded in on GT350

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors