Cloth Recaros are Killing Me!
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on Cloth Recaros are Killing Me! within the Mustang GT350 Accessories forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; After 2-3 hours my left thigh alternates between numb and painfull. Not sure dropping 40 lbs would even help! I do like the FP aftermarket ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Cloth Recaros are Killing Me!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

After 2-3 hours my left thigh alternates between numb and painfull. Not sure dropping 40 lbs would even help! I do like the FP aftermarket Recaros, but don't want to drop $3k on a set unless I [U]know they will resolve my issue. Looked at Corbeau - don't think so - and recently Braum. Like the look but need more info. Anyone have any experience with Braum and/or FP aftermarkets? Or a general opinion they'd like to share? Much appreciated......

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had a serious debate two weeks ago about seats and glad I went with the leather ones in the convience package. I sat and test drive both. The 30 year old in me said Recaro but the actual 55 year old on the outside realized, that I just did not fit in the Recaro thst well. As you said the sides were fine but the bottom and it’s bolsters were digging into my thighs. You might find a person to trade with. Or sell them on eBay to help buy the FP ones.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DCShelby View Post
    I had a serious debate two weeks ago about seats and glad I went with the leather ones in the convience package. I sat and test drive both. The 30 year old in me said Recaro but the actual 55 year old on the outside realized, that I just did not fit in the Recaro thst well. As you said the sides were fine but the bottom and it’s bolsters were digging into my thighs. You might find a person to trade with. Or sell them on eBay to help buy the FP ones.
    Having been spoiled by the climate-controlled power seats in the '17 GT PP I traded for my 350, I also went with the convenience package, even though I'm "only" 49, and am "only" trying to lose another 15 pounds or so.

To the OP: do you perchance keep your wallet in your left rear pocket? If yes, try shifting it to the other side, or setting it in the little tray in front of the shifter.
    HotLap likes this.
    2018 GT350, Ruby Red w/black stripe, conv. pkg.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have the suede lined recaros in my R. If I leave *anything* in my back pockets or side cargo pockets of my shorts I’ll begin to have this problem a bit. And I’m only 35... so 50+ years old will make it worse. Honestly though, the recaros are no joke when it comes to holding you in place. Way better than buckets.
    2018 Shelby Cobra GT350R
    @maddlag on Instagram

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have the Recaros and they fit me perfectly (I'm lucky). However, I can certainly see how they wouldn't fit everyone. You might give it a bit more time to see if you can acclimate to them as I hate to see anyone have to immediately spend a bunch of $$ to change out seats? Having said that, you can likely sell the Recaros and recoup some of your expense. I'm not a fan of the Alcantara and would love to have the Recaros in perforated leather with lumbar and more adjustability.
    2017 GT350 / Lightning Blue / Electronics Pkg...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I’m 72, 5-11, 180# and have no problem with the Recaros for 3 hour drives. Wallet, keys, and cell come out of the pockets.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm 6'4" and 220, not fat but a big guy. 36 inch waist. I sort of like having the heated and cooled seats, if I move to MN then I'l really like the heated seats. I had a 2018 GT convertible when I was there in April and I also liked the heated steering wheel. Wish the Shelby had the new 2018 LCD gauge glister, that was really nice to make it appear in various modes. I'm betting the GT500 will have it.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My bride didn't want the Recaros because she wanted electric seats and really enjoys the heat/cool seats. She drives the car as much if not more than I do. She said the 2018 version is "much more better" than the '67 version we had when we got married.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    194 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Over 60 and still thin. No problem with the Recaro’s, want them Leather though. I have seen leather kits
    2017 GT350 - Magnetic Grey - **JTVUDOO**

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I’m 58 5’9” and 180 the Recaro seats really hold you in one position which is what a track car is meant to do. But I do not carry a wallet or phone in my pockets, cargo pockets help . I’m looking into changing the bolsters vs. changing the seats and the cost.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors