For those who hate Alcantara... - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

For those who hate Alcantara...

This is a discussion on For those who hate Alcantara... within the Mustang GT350 Accessories forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Has anyone found a source for an all leather wheel with the black center at the top? Just don't like the feel of the Alcantara ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: For those who hate Alcantara...

  1. #31
    Member hobbie1's Avatar
    Member #
    3554
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Brentwood
    Posts
    99
    Member #
    3554
    Liked
    22 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Has anyone found a source for an all leather wheel with the black center at the top?

    Just don't like the feel of the Alcantara - faux - leather....

    For now I've ordered the CJ Pony wheel.....
    Last edited by hobbie1; 09-15-2018 at 11:10 PM.
    2017 Shelby GT 350
    1966 Mustang Coupe 5 Speed / Ford Racing 306 / Total Control Coil Over and power Rack / IDIDIT Col / T 5
    2018 F250 Lariat 4X4
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X4 Summit EcoDiesel

  2. #32
    Senior Member HotLap's Avatar
    Member #
    4561
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    757
    Member #
    4561
    Liked
    188 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbie1 View Post
    Has anyone found a source for an all leather wheel with the black center at the top?

    Just don't like the feel of the Alcantara - faux - leather....

    For now I've ordered the CJ Pony wheel.....
    Hob, I recently installed the CJ wheel and like it a lot. Same one that JT installed earlier, and at right under $300 price was good as well.
    2017 GT350 / Lightning Blue / Electronics Pkg...

  3. #33
    Member hobbie1's Avatar
    Member #
    3554
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Brentwood
    Posts
    99
    Member #
    3554
    Liked
    22 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HotLap View Post
    Hob, I recently installed the CJ wheel and like it a lot. Same one that JT installed earlier, and at right under $300 price was good as well.
    Sounds good - mine is on order. I'm doing a bit of a road trip in Oct to So Cal for work and wanted to get the CJ installed before leaving.

    Should make it to my place by next Monday. Going to bag the original one and pack it away.
    HotLap likes this.
    2017 Shelby GT 350
    1966 Mustang Coupe 5 Speed / Ford Racing 306 / Total Control Coil Over and power Rack / IDIDIT Col / T 5
    2018 F250 Lariat 4X4
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X4 Summit EcoDiesel

  4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements
     

  5. #34
    Member Ced4jets's Avatar
    Member #
    6729
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    75
    Member #
    6729
    Liked
    22 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wish they made these to fit the 2018s. Ford changed the shape of the studs on the back of the 2018 airbag and they do not fit into the wheel. Bought one and had to return it. Maybe eventually they will.
    2018 GT350, white / blue stripe/electronics package

  6. #35
    Senior Member ringmaster's Avatar
    Member #
    5761
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    229
    Member #
    5761
    Liked
    106 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ced4jets View Post
    Wish they made these to fit the 2018s. Ford changed the shape of the studs on the back of the 2018 airbag and they do not fit into the wheel. Bought one and had to return it. Maybe eventually they will.
    Thanks for posting this, I was getting ready to order.
    2018 GT350, Orange Fury, black stripes/white accent, Convenience Pkg.

  7. #36
    Member Ced4jets's Avatar
    Member #
    6729
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    75
    Member #
    6729
    Liked
    22 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You are welcome. I hope they modify for 2018. The 2918 studs are bigger so they need to enlarge the openings in the wheel frame. At least I got good at the install process. Got to do it twice. Haha
    2018 GT350, white / blue stripe/electronics package

  8. #37
    Member hobbie1's Avatar
    Member #
    3554
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Brentwood
    Posts
    99
    Member #
    3554
    Liked
    22 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Went to install the CJ wheel on my 17 tonight. The fit and stiching was not up to snuff. The back cover of the wheel did not seat tight and left a small gap between the plastic and the wheel. Also notice that the CJ wheel was heavier than the factory wheel.

    Notice on the factory wheel everything is tight and snug no gaps between the plastic cover the wheel.


    Name:  jFjlp136Tu+nGap%CLR8vw.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  2.38 MB

    Name:  EtUdMCPwSSeQWMSIhySUaw.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  2.12 MB

    Should have taken some pictures of the CJ wheel, once the CJ wheel was assembled there were gaps between the leather and plastic.

    Trim just did not fit right and I'm guessing I would run the risk and rubbing and noise when turning the wheel.

    I'm wondering if this might be a bad run on the wheels, thus the fit issues.

    Anyway, I'm sending it back.

    Plan B - order a new GT 350 wheel from Ford - take it to a local shop and have the wheel redone in leather.

    Other option - these guys - not sure anyone has used them.

    http://beithperformanceparts.com/pro...teering-wheel/

    Anyone installed one of these?
    2017 Shelby GT 350
    1966 Mustang Coupe 5 Speed / Ford Racing 306 / Total Control Coil Over and power Rack / IDIDIT Col / T 5
    2018 F250 Lariat 4X4
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X4 Summit EcoDiesel

  9. #38
    Senior Member HotLap's Avatar
    Member #
    4561
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    757
    Member #
    4561
    Liked
    188 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbie1 View Post
    Went to install the CJ wheel on my 17 tonight. The fit and stiching was not up to snuff. The back cover of the wheel did not seat tight and left a small gap between the plastic and the wheel. Also notice that the CJ wheel was heavier than the factory wheel.

    Notice on the factory wheel everything is tight and snug no gaps between the plastic cover the wheel.


    Name:  jFjlp136Tu+nGap%CLR8vw.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  2.38 MB

    Name:  EtUdMCPwSSeQWMSIhySUaw.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  2.12 MB

    Should have taken some pictures of the CJ wheel, once the CJ wheel was assembled there were gaps between the leather and plastic.

    Trim just did not fit right and I'm guessing I would run the risk and rubbing and noise when turning the wheel.

    I'm wondering if this might be a bad run on the wheels, thus the fit issues.

    Anyway, I'm sending it back.

    Plan B - order a new GT 350 wheel from Ford - take it to a local shop and have the wheel redone in leather.

    Other option - these guys - not sure anyone has used them.

    http://beithperformanceparts.com/pro...teering-wheel/

    Anyone installed one of these?
    Hobbie1 - sorry you had issues with your wheel, mine fit just as good as the stock wheel, (which like your pic above shows had minor gaps too), but had to double check that the tabs that hold down the rear plastic trim pieces were properly seated, first time they weren't and the trim was not quite flush. All good now and it does take a few days for the rear trim pieces to set/indent (hope that makes sense) into the rear of the new wheel surface...good luck on whichever way you end up going and please post your results!! Sorry but no experience with the Beith PP wheel...
    2017 GT350 / Lightning Blue / Electronics Pkg...

  10. #39
    Member hobbie1's Avatar
    Member #
    3554
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Brentwood
    Posts
    99
    Member #
    3554
    Liked
    22 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hi HotLap - was wondering how the wheel is holding up. I'm close to finally have one done custom but I'm thinking about trying the CJ wheel again.
    2017 Shelby GT 350
    1966 Mustang Coupe 5 Speed / Ford Racing 306 / Total Control Coil Over and power Rack / IDIDIT Col / T 5
    2018 F250 Lariat 4X4
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X4 Summit EcoDiesel

  11. #40
    Member hobbie1's Avatar
    Member #
    3554
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Brentwood
    Posts
    99
    Member #
    3554
    Liked
    22 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbie1 View Post
    Hi HotLap - was wondering how the wheel is holding up. I'm close to finally have one done custom but I'm thinking about trying the CJ wheel again.
    Having a custom leather wheel done.

    Ordered a factory wheel and installed it - removed my current one and delivered it to a custom auto upholster for a black "nappa" leather redo.

    Should have it back next week and will provide photos and total cost. Going to bag the new one and put it away.
    2017 Shelby GT 350
    1966 Mustang Coupe 5 Speed / Ford Racing 306 / Total Control Coil Over and power Rack / IDIDIT Col / T 5
    2018 F250 Lariat 4X4
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X4 Summit EcoDiesel

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

2017 gt 350 alcantara steering wheel

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.