Mustang GT350 Forums banner

Cheap Mod - Coil Covers...

22K views 33 replies 12 participants last post by  jimzell1234@gmail.com 
#1 ·
I love cheap Mods. I’ve been looking at a set of painted Coil Covers on EBay they would do wonders for the boring nature of the VooDoo beast we have under the hood. Only problem is the $$, too much for a couple pieces of plastic. Well I came up with the answer, $4.99 can of Red Rustolium and a little time.

Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Car Vehicle

A little anal, but brings out the engine? ;)

See less See more
#2 ·
I love cheap Mods. I’ve been looking at a set of painted Coil Covers on EBay they would do wonders for the boring nature of the VooDoo beast we have under the hood. Only problem is the $$, too much for a couple pieces of plastic. Well I came up with the answer, $4.99 can of Red Rustolium and a little time.

View attachment 4697

A little anal, but brings out the engine? ;)
That will give you more reasons to open up the hood :)

#5 ·
Yes I agree. The brakes are a better conversation piece. I still need to pull the trigger on a coolant overflow bottle. Isn’t that thing ugly? Got a black aluminum one in my sites (Mishimoto).

#7 ·
I get the utility aspect of it, all about function. Personally, I don't care about bling. I do track the car and run in advanced groups. It just seems that Ford could have easily added some "wow factor" under the hood. Not a big deal, because I only open the hood to check on things between track sessions.

#8 ·
Jim looks good and much neater job than I would have done :) I did get the JLT and they did a great job as well. Their paint quality is really nice. Post a pic of the coolant bottle when you have the chance as I'll likely do that mod as well. We checked out a 2017 GT350 at Sunday's meet with an aluminum Mishimoto recovery tank...looked good but I'd personally prefer the black that you are considering...

#24 ·
Now I need to figure out what color to go with. They all look great. I think somewhere in the middle between flash and utilitarian is perfect balance for this car. Thank the lord they didn’t put some awful top engine cover over this beast like they did on the new GT.

#28 ·
Pipers350 and Tex, both look great. I went with body color as well, but the chrome coil covers remind me of the early muscle car engine chrome valve covers...they look cool too. Wonder how those (chrome) covers would look with the "Ford Racing" lettering in red...

#29 ·
DTorres31. yours look awesome as well, just saw them at bottom of thread. I've been playing with the idea of painting the two Fuel Rail plastic brackets as well. I may call Jay at JLT and see if he would do them (same scheme as my coil covers). Would need to make sure he tapes around the Engine build signature piece...

#34 ·
I bought some RPI Designs custom painted lower coil covers in parallel with my own painting of an expansion tank cover (see attachment). Both look good, but RPI did a very good job on covers. I now have the old original 2019 GT-350 covers as spares. I will sell them to someone for $45 delivered if you want to try and paint them for yourself. Send me a Direct Message.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.