Where can I find info on the differences/upgrades between the model years?
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Where can I find info on the differences/upgrades between the model years?

This is a discussion on Where can I find info on the differences/upgrades between the model years? within the Mustang GT350 Purchasing forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; I've been researching this to death on google, and can't find anything definitive. Lots of speculation... I'm coming out of the Porsche world (held on ...

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Where can I find info on the differences/upgrades between the model years?

  1. #1
    Member
    Member #
    10348
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Florida Left Coast
    Posts
    33
    Member #
    10348
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Where can I find info on the differences/upgrades between the model years?

    I've been researching this to death on google, and can't find anything definitive. Lots of speculation...

    I'm coming out of the Porsche world (held on to an old 85 though), and really want to move into the Shelby Mustang arena. Particularly the R as I do some track days periodically.

    I've heard the earlier motors weren't quite as robust, so I'm limiting my choices to 2018-2020. Seems like there are some good deals on the 19's right now. I just missed $2500 under sticker on a new 19R because I needed a day to think about it...

    Is there any place you can find a definitive reliable list of the changes to the different model years?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Member RJay's Avatar
    Member #
    9400
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    74
    Member #
    9400
    Liked
    15 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There are GREAT deals on 2019's right now - but they won't last forever.

    The 2020's came out and they added $5K to the R package.

    Here is a 2019 R for $4000 under MSRP: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...8134/overview/

    It has the Electronics Package, the CF dash, and stripes. (Exactly how I would equip it)

    The only other options on an R are PBR (Painted Black Roof) and a car cover.

    The 2019 has the Gen 2 Voodoo engine.

    If you have the cash, sure, get a 2020.

    But for a great deal get a new 2019 while you can.
    2019 GT350 - Finally arrived!
    2014 Mustang GT - Great car! Hard to see her go!
    1965 Mustang Fastback - Wish I still had it!

  3. #3
    Member
    Member #
    10348
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Florida Left Coast
    Posts
    33
    Member #
    10348
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJay View Post
    There are GREAT deals on 2019's right now - but they won't last forever.

    The 2020's came out and they added $5K to the R package.

    Here is a 2019 R for $4000 under MSRP: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...8134/overview/

    It has the Electronics Package, the CF dash, and stripes. (Exactly how I would equip it)

    The only other options on an R are PBR (Painted Black Roof) and a car cover.

    The 2019 has the Gen 2 Voodoo engine.

    If you have the cash, sure, get a 2020.

    But for a great deal get a new 2019 while you can.
    Thanks for the info! Appreciate it.

    What are the differences between the 2019 and 2020? Anything significant or worthwhile?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member RJay's Avatar
    Member #
    9400
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    74
    Member #
    9400
    Liked
    15 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog95 View Post
    Thanks for the info! Appreciate it.

    What are the differences between the 2019 and 2020? Anything significant or worthwhile?
    Here is a great discussion on that topic: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/thr...oughts.130848/

    Seems the primary change is sharing some steering components with the GT 500.
    2019 GT350 - Finally arrived!
    2014 Mustang GT - Great car! Hard to see her go!
    1965 Mustang Fastback - Wish I still had it!

  6. #5
    Member
    Member #
    10348
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Florida Left Coast
    Posts
    33
    Member #
    10348
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJay View Post
    Here is a great discussion on that topic: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/thr...oughts.130848/

    Seems the primary change is sharing some steering components with the GT 500.
    Great thread. Thanks!

  7. #6
    Member
    Member #
    10348
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Florida Left Coast
    Posts
    33
    Member #
    10348
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Doesn't sound like the 20's are really worth the extra money based on that person's opinion.

  8. #7
    Member
    Member #
    10348
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Florida Left Coast
    Posts
    33
    Member #
    10348
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Any idea on how to search all Ford Dealerships for 19 350R's?

  9. #8
    Member RJay's Avatar
    Member #
    9400
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    74
    Member #
    9400
    Liked
    15 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog95 View Post
    Any idea on how to search all Ford Dealerships for 19 350R's?
    I use cars.com

    Go to advanced search and search all miles for nationwide.

    There isn't a specific search for R's, but what works for me is sorting highest price to lowest price.

    You'll see some ridiculous ones on there but as you get near MSRP there will be a bunch.

    Keep going lower and lower in price until you run into the base models.
    2019 GT350 - Finally arrived!
    2014 Mustang GT - Great car! Hard to see her go!
    1965 Mustang Fastback - Wish I still had it!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •