Buying used. What should I look for?
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on Buying used. What should I look for? within the Mustang GT350 Purchasing forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Hi folks Being new here just wondering besides the "normal" searches of buying a used car how can I know if the 350 has an ...

Thread: Buying used. What should I look for?

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi folks

Being new here just wondering besides the "normal" searches of buying a used car how can I know if the 350 has an oil issue?

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can it be tracked on frequent oil changes at the dealer?

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    guess this forum is not too friendly

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have an 18 with a 900hp whipple - no oil issues -

Name:  s4.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  115.0 KB
    Fast Fun & Ford - 2018 Shelby GT350 with 875 Whipple

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danno1 View Post
    Hi folks

Being new here just wondering besides the "normal" searches of buying a used car how can I know if the 350 has an oil issue?
    I am on my third GT350. I bought my 2017 with 2600 miles on it. It was replaced through the Lemon Law. It did not have oil issues but had an undiagnosed engine problem. My 2019 came in with severe cosmetic issues and never left the dealer, my 2020 came in Oct. 16th and I was finally able to bring it home Nov. 2nd. It had a dent and some other somewhat minor issues that I'm dealing with. After my experience I wouldn't buy a used one because you just don't know who broke it in and how. But if you must buy used, stay away from the 2017's. They seem to be the worst year for very inconsistent problems. Ford changed out the engine block on the 2019 and 2020 and switched to an oil canister. It now has the GT500 engine block. That seems to have eliminated the oil and piston issues from the earlier years. But I really haven't heard anything bad about the 2018s. Mostly the earlier models. Just my opinion, hope it helps.
    2020 Shadow Black, Carbon Fiber Dash, Technology Pkg., Handling Pkg.

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Take our cost-effective and productive Web Designing & Development Service at your own choice.

School Management System Software
    Kindergarten and Preschool Website
    Tuition and Tutors Website

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "What should I look for?"

Check the front spoiler. It is very low, and very hard keep from scraping or banging into something.
    KR558

(2016 GT350 traded in)

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rely on your own personal judgment as to the level of care the current owner would have provided. Maturity level, honesty, integrity, and pride of ownership are all perceptible inside a personal interview with the owner. I am against purchasing used from a dealer unless he can connect you with the previous owner(s). Your car should come complete with written documentation on all oil/oil filter changes and any other maintenance records. If you don't insist on this high standard, it's a complete crap shoot. There are plenty of honest private parties looking to sell.

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have an 18 model I bought in April 2018. It has a canister filter on it not a regular spin on type filter. At the moment it has 16k miles on the clock, has had one burnout, just to test the line lock, and has been tracked several times (about 75 miles) and it has done well. No oil issues. I have put on a JLT CAI and a tune as well as resonator deletes on it. Sounds and runs great. I love the Shelby. but like other I would look at the records it has and check the front spoiler for cracks and heavy scratching. I think if they are driven they will have some scrapes on the spoiler but should be on the bottom of the spoiler. Hope you like yours as much as I do mine .

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What does it mean with the recall #17l01? Is this notice given to all gt350 owners of the problem years? When I look on say Ebay Auto Check I see in the description this recall. Has the engine been replaced? Is the dealer just "checking" if the engine is a problem?

Then I see an "Oil Tube' issue also. Does this go hand in hand with the recall? If its just the tube is the recall completed with no engine issues?

Sorry for the repeated posts on this

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors