Prices paid on GT350R - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Prices paid on GT350R

This is a discussion on Prices paid on GT350R within the Mustang GT350 Purchasing forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Originally Posted by Fordgiant Take it easy snowflake. Mustang GT’s normally sell at MSRP so it is nearly impossible to find a dealer discounting a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Prices paid on GT350R

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordgiant View Post
    Take it easy snowflake. Mustang GT’s normally sell at MSRP so it is nearly impossible to find a dealer discounting a product that is in very short supply and very high demand. Would love to see your bill of sale and contract to show you where you were bamboozled. It’s a shame that the internet is full of people like you spewing false information...That being said, if anyone is lucky enough to receive a discount in any form on rare inventory then hats off to them but it is not the norm.
    Yes, you got me... and everyone else who has gotten the 350 below MSRP.... false information. There is no need to prove anything to you. There are a few of us, who are real life friends, in this forum who knows the truth. Again, I think you posted ADM in the wrong forum.

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Managed to find and order a 2019 Black no stripes GT350R for MSRP $72030 plus fees: $500 taxes South Carolina and about $90 in dealership fees..

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hetzerrr View Post
    Geez incorrect info from a Ford dealer. What a surprise.

Like when they screwed my oil change by shorting it two quarts. Service guy says, "Oh, sometimes we put in 10 but only invoice for 8 to keep the cost down".
    So I'm not the only one that got shorted oil? My previous dealership shorted me and as they were going over the paperwork I pointed out several mistakes their less experienced tech had made that were not acceptable. I received an email from the dealership shortly thereafter telling me they think I am too picky, they don't think they can live up to my expectations and that they no longer want my business. Plus, I paid for the Premium service plan because down the road I save serious bucks being that an oil change is close to $200 and the service plan pays for brake pads, wiper blades and other various things. I paid for the plan, they don't get away with shorting me oil or good service.
    Currently waiting to start over with Shadow Black 2019 GT350 with Technology pkg. and B & O upgrade. Due late Apr./early May.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17snake View Post
    Yes, you got me... and everyone else who has gotten the 350 below MSRP.... false information. There is no need to prove anything to you. There are a few of us, who are real life friends, in this forum who knows the truth. Again, I think you posted ADM in the wrong forum.
    Wow. I'm just seeing this now but the "spewing false info." comment is uncalled for IMO. Everyone has different experiences. I have learned A LOT fighting back an forth with Ford over my problematic 2017.

If your bill of sale reads the MSRP price or lower you aren't being bamboozled. The dealer buys it from Ford for their cost, the dealer offers it for sale. The sticker clearly indicates MSRP and the dealer decides how much more money they want to try and make above what they paid for it. They don't pay MSRP from Ford. If they sell at MSRP they're still making money. Then they try to sell you all of the other third party crap like lo jack. It's nearly impossible to steal this car, if they succeed in steeling it, after their joy ride, I don't want it located and returned to me, thank you very much. Having lo jack can screw you if you get the car returned to you.

I am sure there are people out there paying MSRP or less. BUT it depends on your situation. I live in Amazon, Microsoft, Nintendo, Starbucks, techie land. They all have deep, deep pockets and they up the prices here. In my case with the 2017, I wanted a specific color and package. There were none on the ground at that time except the one at my local dealership. If I wanted it, I had to pay $10k over. I weighed the idea of flying to Florida to see the only other exact one in the country at that time. The cost and time weren't worth it. I will not purchase a car (especially a black car) sight unseen.

There are dealerships that have families with kids that allow them to run all over the showroom, hanging off of cars and treating them badly. Some dealerships are more protective than others but I don't know until I see with my own eyes. Some of these cars have more than 5 miles on them. Anything much over that and someone else has started determining how your car is seating all of it's parts and how the gears are meshing, etc. My big mistake was taking the 2017 with 2,600 miles already on it and from a dealership I knew didn't have a great reputation.

Through all of my ugly 2 year ordeal, I have found a dealership that sold me a 2019 for MSRP. They say they want to see me happy and earn my business. I know that they are letting it go because the GT500 is due out and yes the R's are no longer selling for $135k around here now. While the rumors are the 2019 will be more rare and possibly the last GT350 production year, there are a few changes from the previous years. A couple of the changes are ok but for the most part I preferred the way my 2017 was. So now I will live with changes Ford has made that I don't really care for but I don't want a Chevy and I don't want a Mopar and I absolutely don't want an automatic, dual clutch, flappy steering wheel shifter of any sort. I want my naturally aspirated, truly old school manual transmission in an American muscle car before technology makes it too late.

I'm rambling, maybe this was originally posted in the wrong forum, IDK. I just wish everyone would put themselves in others' shoes (where they are located, things that dictate pricing, people's choice of color schemes and packages) before you make somewhat nasty comments back and forth. A forum is for enthusiasts that share their ideas, questions and answers. Opinions are like @ssholes, everybody has one but if you are going to share, even if it's in opposition to someone else, please be kind. I owned a 2017 GT350 for almost 2 years and I've been waiting the entire time to enjoy driving a GT350. Hopefully 2019 will be my year. Drive hard, enjoy and be safe.
    Currently waiting to start over with Shadow Black 2019 GT350 with Technology pkg. and B & O upgrade. Due late Apr./early May.

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am at a Ford dealer in Middle Tennessee, we have a 2019 GT350R about to hit any day now (5/3/19)

Black exterior with Black over the top stripe with red accent.
    920A Package
    Electronics Package
    Carbon Fiber Package
    Vehicle cover

We will be glad to ship anywhere in the continental US!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors