2016 GT350s what to watch out for?
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

2016 GT350s what to watch out for?

This is a discussion on 2016 GT350s what to watch out for? within the Mustang GT350 Purchasing forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; What are the differences in the 2016 vs 2017/18? If I can get a good deal on one, am I missing out on something good ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 2016 GT350s what to watch out for?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Member #
    7762
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    7
    Member #
    7762
    Liked
    4 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    2016 GT350s what to watch out for?

    What are the differences in the 2016 vs 2017/18? If I can get a good deal on one, am I missing out on something good (like the ability to track it without going into limp mode )?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Member #
    339
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    249
    Member #
    339
    Liked
    52 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Lots of articles about this. Search is your friend

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Member #
    7762
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    7
    Member #
    7762
    Liked
    4 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know the basic differences - I think I can get the Technology package and get everything a 2017 has except for the diff and transmission coolers. My question could have been more clear. Does anyone know if there are any specific problems between the 2016s and 2017+s? Also, how big a deal is the lack of the extra coolers if you are not tracking often or at all?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member JimT's Avatar
    Member #
    4162
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    497
    Member #
    4162
    Liked
    195 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gdi View Post
    I know the basic differences - I think I can get the Technology package and get everything a 2017 has except for the diff and transmission coolers. My question could have been more clear. Does anyone know if there are any specific problems between the 2016s and 2017+s? Also, how big a deal is the lack of the extra coolers if you are not tracking often or at all?
    2016’s used the spin on oil filter. This had rumors of loosening up, Ford changed it to a Canister style in 2017. The lack of the extra coolers (no track pack in a 2016) isn’t a problem if you don’t plan of any performance driving, but why buy the car if you don’t? This car is a performance car designed to track, no track no fun. I think shopping for a 2017 saves a lot of disappointment down the road. Ford just comitted to making the car til 2020, Deals should be able to be found out there ona 2017 or later, good luck.
    HellOnWheels and racer172 like this.
    2017 GT350 - Magnetic Grey - **JTVUDOO**

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Member #
    7762
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    7
    Member #
    7762
    Liked
    4 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimT View Post
    2016’s used the spin on oil filter. This had rumors of loosening up, Ford changed it to a Canister style in 2017. The lack of the extra coolers (no track pack in a 2016) isn’t a problem if you don’t plan of any performance driving, but why buy the car if you don’t? This car is a performance car designed to track, no track no fun. I think shopping for a 2017 saves a lot of disappointment down the road. Ford just comitted to making the car til 2020, Deals should be able to be found out there ona 2017 or later, good luck.

    Just what I was looking for, Jim - thanks!

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Member #
    339
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    249
    Member #
    339
    Liked
    52 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Have a 2017 with spin on filter. Filter will not loosen if gasket oiled and torqued to proper specs.

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Member #
    7762
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    7
    Member #
    7762
    Liked
    4 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny1 View Post
    Have a 2017 with spin on filter. Filter will not loosen if gasket oiled and torqued to proper specs.
    Thanks, Johnny!

  9. #8
    Member
    Member #
    6697
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    57
    Member #
    6697
    Liked
    31 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bought a 2016 Tech a few months ago and couldn't be happier. I run it fairly hard through the canyons here every once in a while and haven't had any heat issues. I bought the car as not my fun car but as a daily driver. Since my 66' is my fun car I wanted the power seats etc of the Tech Pack. And it does a great job of making the commute very entertaining. I have had AC evap issues, and I am using a quart of oil every 250 miles or so. Both of which ford is taking car of. So I would say find one you like, make sure it has warranty coverage and have fun. If this is a part time track weapon/toy then I would recommend the track package. If this is a fun way to run to the grocery store and go to work/ aka a sorta daily then tech all the way. Just my $.02.

  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Member #
    7762
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    7
    Member #
    7762
    Liked
    4 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, all.

    As an update, I bought a new '18 with convenience package for a couple grand more than what my dealer wanted for a 2016.
    racer172 likes this.

  11. #10
    Senior Member racer172's Avatar
    Member #
    5858
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    255
    Member #
    5858
    Liked
    143 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gdi View Post
    Thanks, all.

    As an update, I bought a new '18 with convenience package for a couple grand more than what my dealer wanted for a 2016.
    post a pic?..
    2017 GT350 - Shadow Black / White Stripes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Nurburgring Top 100 lap times check out #33
    By XLR8R in forum Mustang GT350 vs The Competition
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-20-2018, 10:31 AM
  2. Reverse lock out collar on the GT350
    By HotLap in forum Mustang GT350 General Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-22-2018, 07:37 PM
  3. 2016 Shelby Gt350s for sale!
    By IsellGt350s in forum Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-12-2016, 05:35 AM