HELP-transport mode defeat-do it yourself
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

HELP-transport mode defeat-do it yourself

This is a discussion on HELP-transport mode defeat-do it yourself within the Mustang GT350 Purchasing forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Hello all, The great news is my gt350 was delivered last-purchased from out of state dealer ( by the way, highly reccomend Reliable Transport if ...

Thread: HELP-transport mode defeat-do it yourself

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question HELP-transport mode defeat-do it yourself

Hello all,
    The great news is my gt350 was delivered last-purchased from out of state dealer ( by the way, highly reccomend Reliable Transport if you need a car shipped ).
    Vehicle display tells me it's in transport mode and I need to see the dealer.
    Bad news is my local Ford dealer is terrible and he'll never touch this unit. Next dealer is about 30 miles away.
    2 questions:
    1. What is transport mode ?
    2. Is there a way for me to disable this without having to see the dealer ?
    Thanks for your help.
    Tim

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Youtube has several videos on how to do this. However, the start/stop button may complicate things. Transport mode is a battery saving mode and sometimes will go off on its own after approx 70 miles of normal driving. That being said, since you don't trust your local dealer, ask the selling dealer as they should be more than willing to help you.
    The videos have you turn the key to the on position(don't start the engine), step on the brake 5 times then push the hazard button 4 times and the horn will blow once if successful. Now, the problem is to turn on the ignition without starting the engine.

Mike

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=Michael P;3513]Youtube has several videos on how to do this. However, the start/stop button may complicate things. Transport mode is a battery saving mode and sometimes will go off on its own after approx 70 miles of normal driving. That being said, since you don't trust your local dealer, ask the selling dealer as they should be more than willing to help you.
    The videos have you turn the key to the on position(don't start the engine), step on the brake 5 times then push the hazard button 4 times and the horn will blow once if successful. Now, the problem is to turn on the ignition without starting the engine.

Mike
    Thanks.
    Worked, no hitch.
    Tim

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    glad it worked. I don't know why things are so complicated. Resetting the TPMS is equally sequential. Next thing you know the instructions will include using an octopus to hit all the swithces at the same time

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors